2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

To be fair, any striker that plays against us is likely to score. That aspect of players joining rival clubs has never bothered me.

I agree he put in some great work for us last season, but I think it was a good time for all parties for him to move on.

54 minutes ago, superward said:

Any chat on clubs interested in Cadden?  Not seen a sniff of a rumour amongst all the Turnbull chat. 

Wondering about Cadden as well. He's put himself in limbo. He must be leaving but where?

14 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

Wondering about Cadden as well. He's put himself in limbo. He must be leaving but where?

Not necessarily, our offer to him stays on the table to guarantee compensation I think? Maybe just seeing what materialises over the summer as he has our offer as a fall back if no club want to stump up the compo this transfer window I guess. 

I reckon if compensation wasn't due then Cadden would have more offers. Given the length of time he's been with us and number of games played, it would be a decent amount.  

Cadden on a free would, I imagine, attract the interest of the likes of Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and a few league one clubs down South....

43 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

I reckon if compensation wasn't due then Cadden would have more offers. Given the length of time he's been with us and number of games played, it would be a decent amount.  

Cadden on a free would, I imagine, attract the interest of the likes of Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and a few league one clubs down South....

Im sure Robbo stated we'd be looking for 600 grand compo. Cadden being a Scotland Internationlist.

Hmmmmmmm..... once again. 

I’m sorry, but the signings so far are leaving me more than a little concerned. 

We finished last season with a strong core of a young side emerging (assuming  on keeping Cadden). Contract expirations we’re largely kind to us and I like others felt we should be bringing in quality over quantity. Some relatively experienced and decent level players to bring in some guidance for our own younger players. Thus far, outside of Gallagher and  Polworth, we’ve brought in a lot of journeymen from the lower leagues of England whom are untested In Scottish football (and before anyone starts, League 1/2 isn’t at the same standard as the Scottish top flight). Some of these boys look like good athletes which is what is essential at that level down south, but to my mind, we are crying out for on the ball quality, Albeit in limited numbers, to aid McGuire and Livingston etc. Through games and help players like Cadden and Campbell kick on to the next level. 

So far, the jury is out and Robinson appears to be repeating history all over again. 

Couple of things about this signing. 

He can play across the front three so maybe not necessarily planned to be the central striker. 

His record of 2 goals in 17 for Blackpool looks poor until you consider only he only started 8 of those games. 

Louis Moult was signed from non league. Ojaama had a checkered career before coming here. Scott McDonald was one unsuccessful trial away from flying back to Australia.  Sometimes players just need the right environment.  

In short, give the guy a fucking chance...

• Like 17

7 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

This is the market we work in, and I don’t see that changing any time soon. Rarely are we going to sign a player that we all know and are going to get excited about. 

This is the issue, it doesn’t always have to be that way however. That’s a strategic choice by Robinson/the club and one which is pretty baffling at times

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

The guy scored two goals last season.

He surely won't be our number 9.

That's one more than the prolific Curtis Main scored and he played mumber 9 at least 20 games. I just hope that with the Turnbull money if it happens we get a decent centre forward cos the 3 we have so far aint gonna do.

Pretty much as expected, Robinson has made it quite clear where they would be looking for players, some will work out and some won’t. As above though I still expect a number 9 to come in.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Kmac said:

Hmmmmmmm..... once again. 

I’m sorry, but the signings so far are leaving me more than a little concerned. 

We finished last season with a strong core of a young side emerging (assuming  on keeping Cadden). Contract expirations we’re largely kind to us and I like others felt we should be bringing in quality over quantity. Some relatively experienced and decent level players to bring in some guidance for our own younger players. Thus far, outside of Gallagher and  Polworth, we’ve brought in a lot of journeymen from the lower leagues of England whom are untested In Scottish football (and before anyone starts, League 1/2 isn’t at the same standard as the Scottish top flight). Some of these boys look like good athletes which is what is essential at that level down south, but to my mind, we are crying out for on the ball quality, Albeit in limited numbers, to aid McGuire and Livingston etc. Through games and help players like Cadden and Campbell kick on to the next level. 

So far, the jury is out and Robinson appears to be repeating history all over again. 

Casper Sloth along with Gallagher and Polworth, all experienced, three more inexperienced players from the lower leagues so pretty much a 50/50 split which is probably what we were always going to get. Still time to add further players to that group.

• David locked this topic