2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

1 hour ago, dinnae-punt-it said:

I think a combination of Long, Semple and Polworth will fill the AMC role behind the striker. 

From reading about Sloth he has had a bit of success in a role playing behind the stiker too. 

It will be a case of trying it out I'd think and if it doesn't work the manager will look at a new formation to use the players he has.

15 minutes ago, stuwell said:

Signing Lafferty could be a mistake, high earner with little sell on value, hit headed at times and didn’t standout at Hearts last season. 

Money could be better spent I think. 

Question is where??

If his wage demands were in line with our wage structure I'd take him in a heartbeat tbh. Not prolific but gets goals, could play pretty much anywhere across the front 3, has a habit of riling defenders and still got a few years in him. 

Just now, yosemite sam said:

With the midfield players we have lost, I could see us going back to hoofball football.

Going by Alan Burrows' comments, SR will continue to pursue an attractive playing style. From the little I've gleaned about Casper Sloth he is an all rounder in the Gorrin style.

3 hours ago, yosemite sam said:

With the midfield players we have lost, I could see us going back to hoofball football.

I will wait and see, I would be surprised if that happens in truth as I think Robinson learned it was going nowhere.

No chance of shankland.

Our remaining signings will come from the “never heard of him, so must be shite ” or the “I’ve heard of him, he’s shite” categories. 

I think the biggest possible signing would be getting Ariyibi back.

The likelihood is we’ll be signing players we haven’t heard of. However, I was wondering if we might be in for local boy Lewis MacLeod. He’s been dogged by injury since leaving Rangers but is a talented midfielder.

Luke Leahy is another player I’ve been keen on for years but we seem to be covered at left back now. 

And while it splits opinion, I hope we have a chance of getting Mikey Johnston on loan. 

14 minutes ago, Dossertillidie2 said:

Working through a couple of line ups with the players we have in my head ,it’s clear we need

1.goal scoring Centre forward

2. Left mid/winger

3. X2 right mid/wingers

out of the small number of people we have been linked with, Lafferty and gboly would satisfy me in two of those positions

What's your 3 in midfield in this scenario? Just curious as I reckon we're quite light in there...

25 minutes ago, Dossertillidie2 said:

Working through a couple of line ups with the players we have in my head ,it’s clear we need

1.goal scoring Centre forward

2. Left mid/winger

3. X2 right mid/wingers

out of the small number of people we have been linked with, Lafferty and gboly would satisfy me in two of those positions

If possible I would have quite liked us to sign Christian Doidge of Forrest Green Rovers, who is a tall Striker, but I see this morning that he is being linked with a £250k move to Hibs. Wages would probably be an issue too.

Just now, dinnae-punt-it said:

If possible I would have quite liked us to sign Christian Doidge of Forrest Green Rovers, but I see this morning that he is being linked with a £250k move to Hibs. Wages would probably be an issue too.

Given our new wealth, we should be capable of matching that bid. 

We do need two strikers to come in, still. There are no goals in the squad as it stands...

Just now, DEWELL said:

Sevco releasing Dorrans. I'd take him with Lafferty and Shankland . Oh well it's nice to dream. Back in the real world if we dont get in some quality we could be im for a shit season.

Dorrans is a permacrock, which we can ill afford. We need someone who can handle 35-40 games a season. Would be happy with Lafferty and Shankland. Can see the former happening due to the N.Ireland links, but just can’t see Shankland happening. He will have better options than us.

Just now, dinnae-punt-it said:

Dorrans is a permacrock, which we can ill afford. We need someone who can handle 35-40 games a season. Would be happy with Lafferty and Shankland. Can see the former happening due to the N.Ireland links, but just can’t see Shankland happening. He will have better options than us.

The slight advantage we have is we can point to the fact we have just sold someone for 3.25 million to Celtic and had a bid from a premiership club. Certainly shows he are an excellent place to be if you want to move on up and with the spare bit of folding we have, we could certainly offer Shankland a decent wage.

1 minute ago, Yoshi-1991 said:

The slight advantage we have is we can point to the fact we have just sold someone for 3.25 million to Celtic and had a bid from a premiership club. Certainly shows he are an excellent place to be if you want to move on up and with the spare bit of folding we have, we could certainly offer Shankland a decent wage.

The one issue for me with Shankland is that I don’t think the lone striker role would suit him. I see him as an upgrade on a striker like Danny Johnson i.e. a penalty box poacher.

• David locked this topic