2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

I don’t know if Shankland would make the step up or not. There is always a risk. But last season I watched him run Dundee Utd ragged at Tannadice in a game where they could not cope with his pace and movement. And I think he scored four? Only one game admittedly but he impressed me. And it’s no coincidence that Ayr fell away when he got injured and missed lots of game time. He is a goal scorer.

I don’t think he would be any more of a gamble than someone from non league down south. Like Robinson and Blyth who were tragic in how useless they turned out. Or some of the rehab projects we in indulge in. Like Taylor-Sinclair

8 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Surely a signing today or tomorrow. Anybody know when the squad fly out to Ireland? First friendly over there is Thursday.

Midweek is it not? Crusaders before Linfield I thought it was so I'd imagine if they aren't already in NI it won't be long. I'm sure the club will have images of them training for you to spend your evening trying to identify the trialists from a leg here, raised arm there behind 15 other bodies! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

Midweek is it not? Crusaders before Linfield I thought it was so I'd imagine if they aren't already in NI it won't be long. I'm sure the club will have images of them training for you to spend your evening trying to identify the trialists from a leg here, raised arm there behind 15 other bodies! :rolleyes:

Yes it is I got mixed up with Saturday and Thursday, I did edit it though.

Surely a signing today or tomorrow. Anybody know when the squad fly out to Ireland? First friendly over there is Thursday.

I think they are going today on a ferry as James Scott posted a picture of the team on a ferryIMG_0161.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New owners with big ideas. And Cash. As I posted earlier, those owners watched on as Shankland tore them to shreds last season at Tannadice. Their approach is no surprise. A striker that scores goals in that Division. 

I'd be very surprised if Shankland stays in Scotland. I heard that Sunderland were supposed to be interested in him along with a whole host of clubs down south $$$.

It would be a massive coup for Dundee Utd or ourselves to get him. Don't see it personally

3 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Apart from anything else how can they possibly afford a transfer fee and attractive wages? 

When I was watching the play-offs, the commentator mentioned the Utd owners were willing to continue to bankroll a promotion push for another season.

Didn't sound like very smart to me, but I suppose they must think the reward is worth the risk.

20 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

They have some mad American owner do they not?

An business man from Minnesota who made his money from oil and real-estate and owns the Sioux Falls Canaries baseball team and Sioux Falls Stampede ice hockey team.

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

Sioux Falls Stampede ice hockey team.

Unrelated to anything, but that's a terrific, terrific name.

Apologies to Mufasa fans.

• David locked this topic