2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

1 hour ago, mwellhighland said:

The only thing more annoying than people posting about a signing being shit is people posting about people posting about a signing being shit when nobody posted anything.

..and then people posting about people posting about people posting about a signing being shit. 

True, but it gets a bit ridiculous when there are people posting about people posting about people posting about people posting about a signing being shit .............. oh wait

5 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I'm not sure that is the case.  I assume, without having seen him play admittedly, that he's a replacement in the "all rounder mould" for Gorrin.  Someone who can defend but is also comfortable on the ball. 

He played Turnbull's position against Crusaders. I didn't see the first half against Linfield.

If the midfield three is Donnelly, Campbell and Sloth then Sloth will be the furthest forward.

4 minutes ago, steelboy said:

He played Turnbull's position against Crusaders. I didn't see the first half against Linfield.

If the midfield three is Donnelly, Campbell and Sloth then Sloth will be the furthest forward.

I was always under the impression Sloth was a replacement for Gorrin, and Polworth was cover for Turnbull. Polwoth is poor defensively but a good distributor who looks for the final pass to the strikers, he plays no10 for Caley and although he doesnt score many, he sets up a lot! He wont fit further back, but is the closest we have to a "proper" number 10. Sloth is decscribed al more in the Gorrin "all rounder" style

28 minutes ago, Yassin said:

To be fair Robinson persisted with Andy Rose as our most attacking midfielder for the best part of a year so I don't think we can rule anything out.

He also had Allan Campbell doing the same at the start of last season.

35 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

I thought Liam Donnelly was pretty tidy in the DM role against linfield, maybe all is not lost.

To play that role, distribution is key. I’d suggest it’s lost if it’s viewed as a long term option.

30 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

Im not a fan of 6 month loan deals at the start of the season. What good to us when he leaves in January. Should've pressed Wigan to get him for the season.

I’d suggest that the use of the word ‘initial’ means that we have a pre-agreed option to keep him for the season if we want to come January.

To the answer the question of Sloth and to what we/you can expect, I would suggest that his most comparable player in a Motherwell Jersey (that springs to mind) is Vadoscz. He’s quite capable of playing some really nice passes and spreading play, but he isn’t the doing the dirty work of a Lasley type of player, scoring the goals of Turnbull or with the ingenuity of a Law type. 

Truth be told, he’s sometimes capable to drifting out of games at times.  Not a bad player and not a criticism but he’s not the type of player that he’s been made out to be. 

Very competent but won’t set the heather on fire.

14 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Looks a good signing and who was the trialist tonight wouldn’t be surprised to see him sign.

Ive seen people saying Jonathan Benteke? Peach of an overhead to score like

• David locked this topic