2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

4 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

He would’ve been saying something a whole lot different if quoted earlier in the week...

Are you suggesting we made Frear an offer and Robinson saying there's no chance of a return because he knocked us back?

22 minutes ago, daver said:

Are you suggesting we made Frear an offer and Robinson saying there's no chance of a return because he knocked us back?

I thought Frear was one of the players that had already received and rejected an offer at the end of season.

Was reading the new thread about formations and of course I’d prefer us to play the 4-2-3-1 or our variation of that depending on personnel. I wouldn’t be totally against us playing a 3-4-3. 

Carson/ Gillespie 

Gallagher Hartley Dunne 

Tait          Sloth         Campbell         Carroll 

Cole/Long         Cole/Long          Hylton

4 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Was reading the new thread about formations and of course I’d prefer us to play the 4-2-3-1 or our variation of that depending on personnel. I wouldn’t be totally against us playing a 3-4-3. 

Carson/ Gillespie 

Gallagher Hartley Dunne 

Tait          Sloth         Campbell         Carroll 

Cole/Long         Cole/Long          Hylton

Wouldn’t be against this myself as long as Pete can prove his fitness

this back 3 has excellent attributes spread across the 3, height and passing with Gallagher, leadership strength and passing with Pete and pace and strength with Dunne

only thing is I think Dunnes pace will be lost through the middle of Pete gets done easily ( which was evident last year on occasion)

The natural shape of the 3 pushing dunne too wide left, to help cover holes with his pace in behind which worked well for us when he played in a middle 2 last year

just my thoughts

13 minutes ago, Q121 said:

Wouldn’t be against this myself as long as Pete can prove his fitness

this back 3 has excellent attributes spread across the 3, height and passing with Gallagher, leadership strength and passing with Pete and pace and strength with Dunne

only thing is I think Dunnes pace will be lost through the middle of Pete gets done easily ( which was evident last year on occasion)

The natural shape of the 3 pushing dunne too wide left, to help cover holes with his pace in behind which worked well for us when he played in a middle 2 last year

just my thoughts

It worked well enough in the 2017/18 season with Kipre Hartley and Dunne, but obviously Hartley has to prove his worth to the team again and with an actual left back it may be performed more effectively and a more balanced team, with creativity and hard work rate.

55 minutes ago, daver said:

My understanding is he signed for a year, no doubt read all the negative posts about him on here and on well Bois 11 then decided it wasn’t for him

5 minutes ago, Dossertillidie2 said:

My understanding is he signed for a year, no doubt read all the negative posts about him on here and on well Bois 11 then decided it wasn’t for him

Glad he did cos he's crap.

41 minutes ago, gee said:

Ideally I’m hoping we’re still to sign a Gorrin/McHugh replacement, Gboly and a quality striker. 

Not sure we need another two wide players? 

My thoughts also. Fair enough we do need another winger going into the season so we have 2 out and out wingers with hopefully the arrival of Ariyibi later in the window. Striker I’m not so sure til later in the window either. Bit of cover in midfield may be next after signing a winger.

2 hours ago, supermarv said:

Probably thought about offering him then one of our other targets became available so we chucked him to the side cos he’s rubbish.

Do you engage brain before letting loose? Given your recent attempt at exclusives especially...

Reasoning there for all to see.

39 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Do you engage brain before letting loose? Given your recent attempt at exclusives especially...

Reasoning there for all to see.

To be fair to Supermarv, you spend the majority of your time on this site talking in riddles. If you know something, have the balls to say it in plain English or don’t try and cryptically spill inside information.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, supermarv said:

You don’t quite make sense there could you please elaborate.

kid, step away from the arguments, its not facebook

read what you posted about Frear....and think about how folk question if you are awake when you post

you seriously suggested that,

MFC , a multi million pound turnover business, who employeed a player for many years, released him at end of season having not agreed terms,

then , your suggestion, during same close season, club, offered him another deal,

then in some way pulled out he deal

and  just  chucked him to the side, cos he’s rubbish:declare::polling:

whatever panned out, why would a club offer him as you refer too, a number of deals, if he was rubbish? is that what happens on pc games?

33 minutes ago, Brazilian said:

kid, step away from the arguments, its not facebook

read what you posted about Frear....and think about how folk question if you are awake when you post

you seriously suggested that,

MFC , a multi million pound turnover business, who employeed a player for many years, released him at end of season having not agreed terms,

then , your suggestion, during same close season, club, offered him another deal,

then in some way pulled out he deal

and  just  chucked him to the side, cos he’s rubbish:declare::polling:

whatever panned out, why would a club offer him as you refer too, a number of deals, if he was rubbish? is that what happens on pc games?

Well it looked as if we couldn’t really acquire our targets we wanted. All the rumours and whatever look to the fact Frear was going to re-sign for us, presumably because we failed to sign our main targets for that position. Of course it would be a backwards step and in my opinion and many others he isn’t good enough. Many other folk on here actually said Frear had signed basically. So it could easily have been that the club offered Frear a revised contract offer and for whatever reason it broke down, which could be that the club found another target and they became available and with Frear being a back-up choice for us they withdrew their offer.

However, for whatever reason which is unknown, Frear at this point in time isn’t re-signing for us and the manager confirmed this. I hope that makes enough sense for you or anyone else.

1 hour ago, dinnae-punt-it said:

To be fair to Supermarv, you spend the majority of your time on this site talking in riddles. If you know something, have the balls to say it in plain English or don’t try and cryptically spill inside information.

:mosking: 

On the fringes posts are easy for anyone for an ounce of intelligence to work out. If he is indeed on the fringes maybe he can’t spell it out in plain English, but everything he says rings true and I welcome him as it gives us some insight to what is going on. 

Where as people when speculating and having no info state he turned us down based on forum posts on steelmen online. Jesus. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wunderwell said:

Where as people when speculating and having no info state he turned us down based on forum posts on steelmen online. Jesus. 

All that matters is when a player signs on the dotted line. The rest is just gossip, informed or otherwise.

1 hour ago, wunderwell said:

On the fringes posts are easy for anyone for an ounce of intelligence to work out. If he is indeed on the fringes maybe he can’t spell it out in plain English, but everything he says rings true and I welcome him as it gives us some insight to what is going on. 

Money is in the post kind sir!

18 hours ago, Brazilian said:

We've definitely given out multiple contracts to absolute dross in the past!

Shaun Fagan, Marc Fitzpatrick, Fraser Kerr and Wee Dan Twardzik spring to mind. 

• David locked this topic