2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

1 minute ago, MelvinBragg said:

I think people also forget that he was quote an important part of McGhee's team first time around...

He was a good honest professional who knew his limitations. He gave me one of the best ever nights watching the Well when he netted that late winner. For that goal alone, I haven’t got a bad word to say about the man. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

Not much to go on here, hasn’t played many professional games outside of a couple of short loan spells. Will be interesting to see how he develops.

Decent youth pedigree in the Netherlands and then the English Nike Academy before signing for Wolves. A Motherwell special that could be great or crash and burn.

Similar pedigree to big Kipre, hopefully this guy can have an impact. 

With another winger expected to join in addition, hopefully Gboly, this would suggest Cole and Long are considered options to lead the line I would think? 

• Like 1

The fact we've offered him a two year deal suggests that he's held in a higher regard than many gambles who get a one year offering. I'm sure there'll be some pleased faces among those who bemoan us offering short-term deals.

Seedorf looks like a signing that we can get a wee bit excited about. Fair play to Robinson, he seems to be going down the flair route with talk of another winger (Gboly please) arriving this week. I just hope that in the absence of Turnbull, we have someone to pull the strings in the middle of the park. Casper maybe? 

• Like 1

He fits our recruitment model bring in young players with potential give them game time and hopefully improve them enough to earn a move to a bigger club , we get the benefit of the good play, goals etc and a nice big profit as well selling them on.

It's served the club well recently, so hopefully Seedorf is another good find

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steelboy said:

We've definitely given out multiple contracts to absolute dross in the past!

Shaun Fagan, Marc Fitzpatrick, Fraser Kerr and Wee Dan Twardzik spring to mind. 

And in goals for about 8 years the awfull Stevie Woods...

• Like 1

Interesting signing. Now several black players in the squad too, which would make the Nancy fan I met out there happy! I ended up in the Nancy end  when we played them and got talking to one of their fans, after seeing our team he was asking me if our Black Players were injured, he was absolutely stunned when I said we didnt have any! "How can You compete Physically?" "Where do You get Your pace?" Couldnt get his head round that fact, something which has tickled me since 

With Seedorf and another winger due, looks like DJ, Cole & Long are gonna be the options thro the middle. Interested to see what formation we are looking at going forward

1 hour ago, Yorkyred said:

We certainly look to be going down the flair route these days, what happened to hoof ball ?

Robinson got sick of reading about" hoof ball " on this forum. Its a phrase up there with the" selik family " please ban its use immediatley.

1 hour ago, Yorkyred said:

We certainly look to be going down the flair route these days, what happened to hoof ball ?

Comes from 'earning the right' to play football...

• David locked this topic