2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

4 hours ago, supermarv said:
New signing looks pretty decent, may be the trialist that played against Gretna. Very good pedigree and adds to our strong looking squad. 

Pretty sure it’s not the same guy.

I wonder how ‘distant’ a relative he is, that’s us signed the family of two Champions League winners in one season!

• Like 1

That's why we are able to sign guys like that. In the hope we can coach them to be better.

In Ariyibi's first game he couldn't cross, shoot or take a set piece. By the time he left, his passing and shooting had definitely improved. 

You can improve the basic skills of a fast winger, but it's near impossible to make a slow player fast.

• Like 1

It’s difficult to judge how competitive we’ll be this year given the signings we’ve made are mostly unknown. Other than Gallagher perhaps who you’d expect to be a solid replacement for Aldred given his contribution at Livingston. 

I would have expected there to be more of a balance between unknown entities with potential and players like Gallagher who have a pedigree at this level. 

Hopefully we’ll bring in some players who we can expect to perform rather than hoping all 6 or 7 new players improve and have the best spells of their career with us. 

51 minutes ago, David said:

Just been speaking to a Bradford fan, who says both Seedorf and Cole were at his club previously.

He also said both were fucking terrible. Cole described as being really quick but with absolutely no end product.

Is that the same Cole that signed for fleetwood and scored plenty then signed for Wigan for about a million pounds (correct me if I’m wrong).

On 7/8/2019 at 12:15 PM, wunderwell said:

On the fringes posts are easy for anyone for an ounce of intelligence to work out. If he is indeed on the fringes maybe he can’t spell it out in plain English, but everything he says rings true and I welcome him as it gives us some insight to what is going on.

Sometimes OTF's post are a wee bit cryptic but there's a good reason for that.  Sources, whoever or whatever they are have to be protected and respected.  His posts are usually right on the money and they are very interesting to read.  A very important contributor to this site. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Any chance of signing a decent player this week ?

Any chance of a decent post this year......

If Cadden were to stay that would surely impact the possibility of Gboly coming back on loan. 

Not sure what to make of our signings so far. Saw Gallagher in action in Belfast and I think he will be a right good signing. I also think Long May prove to be a better goalscorer than Main. Not a huge challenge granted but 2 goals in pre season is a good start. 

Polworth is likely to be a similar figure to McHugh. Some will rate him others won’t. 

The rest fall into the wait and see camp. I thought Hylton looked quite decent so far but not seen a great deal from Sloth albeit very early days. Cole and Seedorf are getting slated but if even one of them turns out to be a good signing I would take that. 

Would take Gboly and another striker to round things off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dossertillidie2 said:

wouldn't be surprised to see him stay, in fact id wager a bet on it

Interesting, I’d welcome that. Cadden’s injury came at an unfortunate time and it appears to have hindered his options. While his progression has admittedly stagnated, partly due to the rwb role, he has been an excellent servant to Motherwell. An opportunity to sign a 1 or 2 year contract may benefit all parties if he can play in a more advanced role and start notching a few more goals/assists to draw interest. 

1 hour ago, supermarv said:

Apparently we’ve signed Christian Ilic. Was posting stuff all over his Instagram etc. All over P&B, apparently he can play left back as well as both wings, so another very versatile player to add to our ranks.

I had seen this but also appears to have only signed for a Romanian side in the last couple of weeks...

15 hours ago, supermarv said:

Is that the same Cole that signed for fleetwood and scored plenty then signed for Wigan for about a million pounds (correct me if I’m wrong).

Hey, I'm just sharing what I've been told by someone who's watched these guys play for their team. Nothing more. I'll judge them when they play for us.

Just now, David said:

Hey, I'm just sharing what I've been told by someone who's watched these guys play for their team. Nothing more. I'll judge them when they play for us.

Happens all the time with most players we sign tbh, ex employers fans slate the players. Cole played for them maybe 4 years ago and a lot can change in that time. Seedorf less than a year ago so that one is maybe a bit more worthy but he seems to be a good raw player with potential to strive for us if given game time.

15 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

I had seen this but also appears to have only signed for a Romanian side in the last couple of weeks...

Also seen that Gorrins old team, a weird one but on the players social media he didn’t post anything about signing for them. 

1 hour ago, supermarv said:

Apparently we’ve signed Christian Ilic. Was posting stuff all over his Instagram etc. All over P&B, apparently he can play left back as well as both wings, so another very versatile player to add to our ranks.

Another left back would be most welcome and his reported versatility would be right up Robinson’s street. Also leaves the door open for the return of Gboly. 

810 minutes for FC Hartburg who finished second bottom of the Austrian top flight last season. According to Transfermrkt he started games at LB,  LM and RAM last season. I doubt Robinson is signing him to play full back. 

I've yet to see a Croatian with poor technique so hopefully he can add something.  

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

810 minutes for FC Hartburg who finished second bottom of the Austrian top flight last season. According to Transfermrkt he started games at LB,  LM and RAM last season. I doubt Robinson is signing him to play full back. 

I've yet to see a Croatian with poor technique so hopefully he can add something.  

From looking at some of his Instagram stories it seemed he was a kind of happy character and a big part of the dressing room, could be wrong. Looks a decent player and has played at a good level, am I right in saying the team he signed for supposedly are pretty decent?

• David locked this topic