2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

Hopefully this Christian Ilic transfer gets announced, boy has a decent pedigree.

I'm not sure if Carroll is seen as a cert for the LB first team slot so this could give us another option there as well as giving us something else out wide.

I only seen brief highlights of the boy and he looked a decent unit

4 hours ago, supermarv said:

From looking at some of his Instagram stories it seemed he was a kind of happy character and a big part of the dressing room, could be wrong. Looks a decent player and has played at a good level, am I right in saying the team he signed for supposedly are pretty decent?

I'm going to wait until this is confirmed by Motherwell and hope we've learned from the Mike Grella debacle. 

The team Sepsi can't be that good. They have Csaba Laszlo in charge...

4 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

I'm going to wait until this is confirmed by Motherwell and hope we've learned from the Mike Grella debacle. 

The team Sepsi can't be that good. They have Csaba Laszlo in charge...

I liked Csaba. He did win Manager of the Year award from the SPL and the Football Writers when he was Hearts, so not all that bad.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, steelboy said:

810 minutes for FC Hartburg who finished second bottom of the Austrian top flight last season. According to Transfermrkt he started games at LB,  LM and RAM last season. I doubt Robinson is signing him to play full back. 

I've yet to see a Croatian with poor technique so hopefully he can add something.  

Something positive to say about one of our transfers?

David Smith from Lincoln City or John McDonald from Gillingham get destroyed before they even kick a ball, however some fella with "vic" tagged onto the end of his surname gets praise, not criticism and optimism?

You really should consider supporting one of the OF with that mindset

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, real dosser said:

SSN saying Cadden has signed for the American mob and Oxford are looking to take him on a season long loan. They are also saying Frear is on trial with Oxford as well. 

That's strange. I can see how the salary cap/roster rules in the MLS might prevent Cadden from playing for them this season, but next season will kick off around March.  Hope he gets a week off in between.

He's got a great left foot on him so the question is can he hack it defensively. He probably needs to go on loan and get game time.

There's no point in worrying about his age unless he is blocking a younger left back coming through. At the moment he isn't so we are as well to keep on developing him. Lasley was 20 when he made his debut as was Lee Erwin.

Aye, as focused as we are on young talent, some players develop later - just as some early bloomers don't always make the grade.

If the club thinks he is a keeper, then they must see some potential there as we aren't slow to offload youngsters if we doubt they'll cut it in the first team. 

Aye, I think it's obviously make or break for Livingstone this season.  I don't think there is much point putting him out on loan that's for sure, either have him in the first team squad or let him go.

I'd like to think with the new deal he is going to get a decent crack of the whip this year.

I said at the time I didn't necessarily agree with Robinsons comments about him after the Celtic(?) game I thought it was slightly harsh to criticise him publically. Since this time I can't recall him playing for us. Presumably Robinson must still see something in him.

So we’re looking at 3 left backs in the first team squad and Richard Tait is still likely to play most our games there? 

Really thought after carrying pish like Sammon and Newell all season we’d opt for a leaner squad this year with some quality. 

15 minutes ago, gee said:

So we’re looking at 3 left backs in the first team squad and Richard Tait is still likely to play most our games there? 

Really thought after carrying pish like Sammon and Newell all season we’d opt for a leaner squad this year with some quality. 

Nah, from the pre season, we are looking at 2 out and out left backs in Carrol and Livi, and Tait will play on the right where he should have been playing for a good time.

Croatian looks more like a player who can offer cover in 2 or 3 areas.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lukemfc1 said:

Aye, I think it's obviously make or break for Livingstone this season.  I don't think there is much point putting him out on loan that's for sure, either have him in the first team squad or let him go.

I'd like to think with the new deal he is going to get a decent crack of the whip this year.

I said at the time I didn't necessarily agree with Robinsons comments about him after the Celtic(?) game I thought it was slightly harsh to criticise him publically. Since this time I can't recall him playing for us. Presumably Robinson must still see something in him.

Came on against Accies in December then one other cameo.

27 minutes ago, gee said:

Don’t see it panning out that way, Tait is surely moving to the right as a starter.

We said we had two wingers lined up just prior to the seedorf signing, and the videos of ilic suggest he plays most of his games as a left winger, so I don’t think we need to worry about him taking playing time from livingstone or Carroll.

• Like 1

• David locked this topic