2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

2 hours ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

If he hadn’t taken over when he did , we might have ended up in first division 

You could say the same for Barraclough, Brown and McGhee (second time around). Article makes it sound like we were a team that had only been in the Premier a couple of seasons and we had never been secure in it till he took over...

9 hours ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

If he hadn’t taken over when he did , we might have ended up in first division 

We were in a complete mess when he took over. Those last few games were a complete shambles.

Since there is a lot of worry surrounding the striker spot I thought I’d have a look around at players we’d be looking at and would suit our style. Was looking through potential loans and Sam Surridge came across, plays for Bournemouth and would no doubt be available on loan. 6ft3 striker and scored a fair few goals for Oldham last season from the start of the season to January which led to him being recalled. Robinson being an ex Bournemouth player could possibly look at his situation to see if he’s available. I personally would like to see how Cole and Long can perform up top in the competitive games.

24 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Since there is a lot of worry surrounding the striker spot I thought I’d have a look around at players we’d be looking at and would suit our style. Was looking through potential loans and Sam Surridge came across, plays for Bournemouth and would no doubt be available on loan. 6ft3 striker and scored a fair few goals for Oldham last season from the start of the season to January which led to him being recalled. Robinson being an ex Bournemouth player could possibly look at his situation to see if he’s available. I personally would like to see how Cole and Long can perform up top in the competitive games.

While its nice to play Football Manager, the fact that this guy doesnt play non league and for a club in the north east of England means our fabled head of recruitment will have absolutely no idea who he is! So no chance

I too would like to see how Cole & Long go, tho with Turnbull and Hastie gone from last seasons team we badly need the wingers to step up as well

Just now, Shaka said:

While its nice to play Football Manager, the fact that this guy doesnt play non league and for a club in the north east of England means our fabled head of recruitment will have absolutely no idea who he is! So no chance

I too would like to see how Cole & Long go, tho with Turnbull and Hastie gone from last seasons team we badly need the wingers to step up as well

Was more the link with Robinson being an ex Bournemouth player and having contacts down there as well as the player playing at Oldham last season where he also may have contacts.

14 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Seedorf is from an EPL side and Cole fom a Championship side, so they must be casting the odd glance in that direction.

16 minutes ago, Well-Made said:

Apparently Jason Cummings has been told he can leave Notts Forest, worth a punt on loan, seeing as we ain't getting Ariybi back?

If he comes back north I presume Hibs would be favourites, but wouldn't mind seeing him at Fir Park.

36 minutes ago, Haggischomper said:

Isn't he a complete fanny and a waster?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

His last 3 seasons at Hibs he scored 21 goals, 25 goals and 23 goals. So not that much of a waster.

However, there is zero chance of him moving to Fir Park, so doesn't really matter.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, CoF said:

Anyone know the latest on Cadden?  

Last I read was that he was supposed to be signing for an MLS outfit.  Nobody seems to know for certain, as he seems to have been very secretive, so I guess the best thing to do is to ask the player himself or his agent. Seriously, I just hope he has kept the club informed of his intentions.   

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Last I read was that he was supposed to be signing for an MLS outfit.  Nobody seems to know for certain, as he seems to have been very secretive, so I guess the best thing to do is to ask the player himself or his agent. Seriously, I just hope he has kept the club informed of his intentions.   

Yip is going to sign for MLS side who are trying to say they are a Cat4 club therefore we will get less compensation 

Club are disputing this and still hold his registration 

Most likely to end up with FIFA being involved so who knows when it will be resolved 

3 hours ago, stv said:

Messi spotted in the Rex asked for a double fish supper. Can we read anything into that other than he's a greedy bastard.

If it were true then good on him, he would definitely need to bulk up to play for Motherwell.

• David locked this topic