2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

33 minutes ago, supermarv said:

ITK. Nah jokes aside mate who’s pals with someone on like the marketing team or something told him so I’m inclined to believe it, rarely ever wrong with his stuff. 

Hopefully sacked tomorrow morning for leaking sensitive information.

3 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

You'd wonder whether that signals Scott going out on loan or possibly Danny Johnson?  

Robinson did say that any further signing would have to be someone who will offer something different and go straight into the first team...

After tonight’s performance Scott would benefit from 6 month loan in the championship 

Still rough diamond that  needs  a bit of polish

9 hours ago, stuwell said:

He didn't play any worse than Long who replaced him. 

Not saying he did 

IMO 6 months in championship would be beneficial to both Scott and the team 

In the games to gate against lower half championship teams an a 1st division team he just about got pass marks 

Do you really think he’s ready to go head to head with Aberdeen Hearts Hibs Killie and the old firm ???

13 minutes ago, Yodo said:

That question could be asked about another five or six of our current squad 

It could be asked about all of our current strikers. Ironically Johnson is the only one that could argue he is ready having taken a few off Rangers last season. 

4 hours ago, supermarv said:

Hartley also not surprisingly is our highest earner... tried to see if there were any takers for him but none so far, however I don’t think we are actively looking to pass him on now.

I like Hartley, but he looks a bit of a bomb scare at times defensively. He gifted Dumbarton 2 decent chances last night with slack play. As my mate commented, it had shades of McManus at Edinburgh City a few years back.

He’s probably better suited to no nonsense backs to the wall defending than no pressure playing out from the back though.

• Like 1

Nothing to go on but I’ve got a feeling we could see Kyle Lafferty at fir park  . We’re looking for a striker who could go straight into the team and Robinson connection with NI and Rangers prepared to let him go . Also Gerrard saying something may happen with him re transfer today or tomorrow . Anybody reckon it’s a possibility

2 hours ago, Mintymac said:

Nothing to go on but I’ve got a feeling we could see Kyle Lafferty at fir park  . We’re looking for a striker who could go straight into the team and Robinson connection with NI and Rangers prepared to let him go . Also Gerrard saying something may happen with him re transfer today or tomorrow . Anybody reckon it’s a possibility

All the chat online suggests Lafferty has been in talks with a team in Thailand, so I think he would be outwith our budget, 

18 hours ago, wellwell91 said:

After tonight’s performance Scott would benefit from 6 month loan in the championship 

Still rough diamond that  needs  a bit of polish

Nothing i’ve seen early this season has done anything to change my mind that he’s not ready to lead the attack just yet and would benefit from a few months out on loan to a championship team. Of course everyone is desperate to see our young players in the first team, but we do need to be patient with Scott in my view and not just keep playing him because he’s that “ Young Motherwell player”.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

I would take Lafferty but he would need to take helluva pay cut.   He knows Robinson from NI connection and when Robbo was involved with national team

If he is released from Rangers then he is earning £0 - anything is a wage rise. Also factor in that he has hardly kicked a ball in about a year and I can’t see a huge amount of clubs swooping in to get him. 

6 hours ago, weeyin said:

He doesn't really fall under the "someone we can improve and sell on" category.

No but he would fall into the big target man with a proven goal scoring record category. We seem to have plenty pace down each side with Seedorf , ilic and hylton, so somebody to aim at in the middle might just be what we need. 

8 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

No but he would fall into the big target man with a proven goal scoring record category. We seem to have plenty pace down each side with Seedorf , ilic and hylton, so somebody to aim at in the middle might just be what we need. 

His average in the SPL is about 7 goals a season. He might be a decent target man, but not prolific scorer in our league.

I'm hoping we are bringing in another player under the radar that is more of a 15 goals a season kind of striker.

• Like 1

The striker we are bringing in (don’t know any names) is the budget being spent completely on him. There may be some more available money near the end of the window if we nerds must but I’m fearing it could be Lafferty. I hope it’s not tbh always played decent against us but doesn’t actually score that many goals and is always hot and cold.

41 minutes ago, supermarv said:

The striker we are bringing in (don’t know any names) is the budget being spent completely on him. There may be some more available money near the end of the window if we nerds must but I’m fearing it could be Lafferty. I hope it’s not tbh always played decent against us but doesn’t actually score that many goals and is always hot and cold.

He was shit hot for NI for a long time, out of favour at servco , not played for a while , good rlelationship with the manager ,vast experiance compared to Scott ,and our team seems to be playing with fast wingers should suit him. .

He is just the man to take a chance on until Scott gets a good few more games under his belt and may learn somethings from him as well .

Nae chance of selling him on tho so thats the model fecked as far as he would be concerned. Doubt we could get him anyway. Would be kind of pleased if we did tho.

25 minutes ago, stv said:

He was shit hot for NI for a long time, out of favour at servco , not played for a while , good rlelationship with the manager ,vast experiance compared to Scott ,and our team seems to be playing with fast wingers should suit him. .

He is just the man to take a chance on until Scott gets a good few more games under his belt and may learn somethings from him as well .

Nae chance of selling him on tho so thats the model fecked as far as he would be concerned. Doubt we could get him anyway. Would be kind of pleased if we did tho.

I also fear that it could be Josh Magennis aswell, and I don’t think that would be a great signing and I think others share the same opinion.

50 minutes ago, Winning by Name said:

If we can make a deal I think Kyle Lafferty would be an excellent signing.

Me to, think he would suit our style down to the ground and do well.

• David locked this topic