2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

10 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Aye,  but the one Marv said was Benteke scored the bicycle kick and turned out to be Mazinga.

I never said Benteke scored the overhead kick? It was speculated he was playing but turned out it wasn’t him which was confirmed by burrows and others who were at the game.

On 7/2/2019 at 10:04 PM, Shaka said:

Ive seen people saying Jonathan Benteke? Peach of an overhead to score like

On 7/2/2019 at 10:15 PM, supermarv said:

I did leak this last week but nobody seemed to believe me as they thought he was on trial elsewhere.

Theres nothing wrong with speculation. But speculate you did....

It's easy to jump in a month after the discussion and claim the high ground, but back then we were all speculating as to who was coming in, who was a trialist, and who the trialists were. 

It's a discussion forum. Speculation is the very foundation upon which sites like this are built.

• Thanks 1

It is.  But equally if you're playing the "In The Know" game and are quite happy to take the credit when you get it right, you have to take it on the chin when you a look a bit of a daftie and get it wrong. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andy_P said:

It is.  But equally if you're playing the "In The Know" game and are quite happy to take the credit when you get it right, you have to take it on the chin when you a look a bit of a daftie and get it wrong. 

Not everything you get told happens tbf. Respect your view and I’ll happily take the pellets when I do get it wrong.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, David said:

It's easy to jump in a month after the discussion and claim the high ground, but back then we were all speculating as to who was coming in, who was a trialist, and who the trialists were. 

It's a discussion forum. Speculation is the very foundation upon which sites like this are built.

At no point did I try to claim any high ground.

All I did was ask a question. Then had some debate / banter about who said what.

There was no intention to offend anyone or undermine the forum.

6 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

At no point did I try to claim any high ground.

All I did was ask a question. Then had some debate / banter about who said what.

There was no intention to offend anyone or undermine the forum.

I wasn't meaning you in particular, I was just speaking generally. It's a fan forum, there's going to be speculation, especially in the summer when there's nowt else happening.

• Thanks 1

If we are going to stick to our adventurous 433, a proven winger would be most welcome unless Seedorf and Ilic improve dramatically in the next few weeks. 

If Murphy is relatively fit I wouldn’t be averse to him returning but the way Gerrard is talking, he sounds miles off it. Think I’d rather have Hastie or Ariyibi. 

If Murphy is available I'd be very happy to have him back, even if it was on loan.

Murphy left us with complete dignity having given us great service. He also took the abuse he received on his return with a similar dignity.  If Robinson felt he could contribute and we could afford him, I'd be delighted if he came back.

• Like 1

Appreciate he left us in a good manner, gave the club great service and showed dignity on his return when scoring but not really excited by the prospect of Murphy returning if honest. 

No doubting the boy has talent but too often in his time with us he failed to show up in the really big games.  Not convinced he is what we need right now. 

3 hours ago, Wellfan1984 said:

You can take players who are contracted to other clubs on trial if the owning club agree.  

It sounds like it should be a thing - I've just never heard of it happening, which made me think it's not. 

• David locked this topic