2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

10 minutes ago, Yassin said:

You can definitely train for another club with a view to signing of your parent club allows it.

Permanent signing, yes - never heard it allowed for loans.

4 minutes ago, Brazilian said:

but the window will be closed , after a week or so training, so what would be the point of signing as a trialist , that could never play?

Loans are a bit strange. In the EFL, for example, they can loan players until the "fourth Thursday in November".

(But I have no idea what the SPFL stand is on that issue).

Regardless, I wouldn't have him back. Not because I don't like the guy, but because I don't like taking loanees from clubs in the same division.

4 hours ago, twistandshout1983 said:

Appreciate he left us in a good manner, gave the club great service and showed dignity on his return when scoring but not really excited by the prospect of Murphy returning if honest. 

No doubting the boy has talent but too often in his time with us he failed to show up in the really big games.  Not convinced he is what we need right now. 

Top European scorer. Scored in the Scottish cup semi final. Scored in the Scottish Cup quarter final. Scored away to Aberdeen in the cup. That's off the top of my head.

He is miles better than what we have. Gerrard seems to want pace to match Ojo, Jones and Barker which Murphy isn't going to manage but he will score and set up goals in this league.

After watching Seedorf and Ilic the past two weeks we are in desperate need of players.

Moot point as it is, I recollect when Josh Law signed it was mentioned in the blurb that he had been up and trained with the club several times before he actually signed. 

[sets up open goal for another Steelboy Stuart McCall nepotism rant...]:P

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

Aye, but ones that are fit - not ones that we are expected to rehab. 

Is that not what we are doing just now bringing in players who have lost their way down in the lower leagues in England for rehabilitation and are not fit 

47 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Is that not what we are doing just now bringing in players who have lost their way down in the lower leagues in England for rehabilitation and are not fit 

No. 

Different league, so not rehabbing a competitor's player. 

Transfers, not loans.

Plan to develop them and sell them for a profit, not give them back to parent club to sell for a profit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, weeyin said:

No. 

Different league, so not rehabbing a competitor's player. 

Transfers, not loans.

Plan to develop them and sell them for a profit, not give them back to parent club to sell for a profit.

Okay see where your coming from now 

19 hours ago, steelboy said:

Top European scorer. Scored in the Scottish cup semi final. Scored in the Scottish Cup quarter final. Scored away to Aberdeen in the cup. That's off the top of my head.

He is miles better than what we have. Gerrard seems to want pace to match Ojo, Jones and Barker which Murphy isn't going to manage but he will score and set up goals in this league.

After watching Seedorf and Ilic the past two weeks we are in desperate need of players.

Do your get point about being top European scorer.  Although some of the opposition wasn't the best someone still had to score them, some important cup goals like you say and my memory is probably clouded by a lot of poor performances at the time against the old firm where to be fair to Murphy he probably wasn't any worse than most of his teammates.  

1 hour ago, Well-Made said:

Apparently Scott Bain has picked up an injury and will be out for a couple of months. Lennon now looking for cover, wonder if they'll come calling for Carson.

Back strain from picking the ball out the net?

9 hours ago, Well-Made said:

Apparently Scott Bain has picked up an injury and will be out for a couple of months. Lennon now looking for cover, wonder if they'll come calling for Carson.

Thought the same, especially given previous interest. Although apparently Fraser Forster on loan is the favourite...

11 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Any update on the Jake Hastie compensation negotiations or tribunal?

Appears to be all quiet on the Hastie front, I wonder if a loan back option and/or loan for Murphy may be on the table just now? Wouldn’t be popular with everyone but it offers a possible escape route from the mess we’ve seemingly  made of this transfer window. 

33 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Appears to be all quiet on the Hastie front, I wonder if a loan back option and/or loan for Murphy may be on the table just now? Wouldn’t be popular with everyone but it offers a possible escape route from the mess we’ve seemingly  made of this transfer window. 

Must confess I didn't get the same optimism everyone else had after the league cup games. Couple of the new players were so bad tonight that comparisons with Richard Offiong were being made. 

Rather than bring in yet another winger (with the current quality of our wingers, any good winger we bring in will simply get doubled up on), I reckon a switch back to 352 while retaining a passer in midfield whether that be Semple or Polworth might be an idea...

8 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

Must confess I didn't get the same optimism everyone else had after the league cup games. Couple of the new players were so bad tonight that comparisons with Richard Offiong were being made. 

Rather than bring in yet another winger (with the current quality of our wingers, any good winger we bring in will simply get doubled up on), I reckon a switch back to 352 while retaining a passer in midfield whether that be Semple or Polworth might be an idea...

I’m generally not a fan of 352 but I think that’s a fair shout given the players we currently have at our disposal. It would be a bold move for Robinson to make and admission that he’s got it terribly wrong with his transfer policy for the 2nd summer in a row. 

7 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

I’m generally not a fan of 352 but I think that’s a fair shout given the players we currently have at our disposal. It would be a bold move for Robinson to make and admission that he’s got it terribly wrong with his transfer policy for the 2nd summer in a row. 

I can see the argument for this formational change but don't know who the front pairing would be.  It wouldn't solve the huge attacking deficit we currently have with 4-3-3  or is it 4-5-1? It would also leave the 2 wings very exposed which is the last thing we need.   The current set up just isn't working and we do need to try something different but what?  Our attacking signings just baffle me and last night just added to my confusion.  Towards the tail end of last season, teams began to double up on our wingers rendering them sterile and this season has started in much the same way.  Many questions but few answers.

No manager will ever bin someone he has just signed, It questions their decision making and no manager is that suicidal. Lennon dropped his defender the other night he signed because he didn't trust him but our manager doesn't have the luxury of benching so many of his own signings.

I would be interested to know what Robinson budget is and what if any money for wages he actually has left. I know it's been mentioned he keeps some in reserve for January. Problem is I don't think we can wait for January. Only Gallagher/Carroll in my eyes have been a solid signings and if they keep playing the way they have they will be the first ones sold in January. The rest (apart from Sloth) have been pretty woeful. Some of these guys need serious time in the gym to build mass as they are like children playing against men when compared to the Hearts players last night and that's me just addressing a very small part of what's wrong with these guys. Why cant our coaches get these guys even reasonably fit, do we have the right coaches?.

I also need to understand why we are signing players we have never seen playing, We seem to be  signing someone who has great stats on football manager or whatever the scouting software we seem to be utilising. Let's get back to scouts actually assessing players using their own eyes and reporting back to the club.

SO many things need looked at I dont even know where to begin other thats whats mentioned already. At least the park looks good I suppose.

19 minutes ago, Shotts Well Fan said:

I feel the recruitment has been patchy at best. Think Gallacher, Carroll  and Polworth are fine. However, I don't see what upgrade Seedorf and Long bring over Frear and Johnson apart from a probable saving in wages.  Hopefully Sloth will bring a bit of structure and bite to the midfield.

Funny thing is, I was discussing Elliot Frear on the way to the game last night. Still without a club. I know that many on here didn't rate him but comparing him with Hylton, Seedorf and Ilic, were he still here he'd be the best winger at the club. 

What that says about our recruitment this summer, I'm not sure...

• David locked this topic