2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

1 hour ago, underboyleheating said:

I’m sure Motherwell is listed as Gary’s first club, however, McClair’s first club is listed as Villa. 

He started his career at local side Motherwell before moving south of the border to Leicester City at the age of 20.

My bad! You are correct, he was rejected by Man Utd before he signed for the Well.

I knew there was some connection but my grey cells are not operating as well as they used to.

• Like 1

Good news. Gillespie has been in on merit but I would imagine he has (for the time being) got more interest and exposure given his form. One wonders if anyone will come in over Xmas and / or he signs a pre contract elsewhere. 
This news certainly points to Gillespie moving on. One wonders whether as a result Carson regains the gloves when the season re starts ?

4 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Good news. Gillespie has been in on merit but I would imagine he has (for the time being) got more interest and exposure given his form. One wonders if anyone will come in over Xmas and / or he signs a pre contract elsewhere. 
This news certainly points to Gillespie moving on. One wonders whether as a result Carson regains the gloves when the season re starts ?

I would certainly think it’s sensible given he’s likely to now be our number one from next season anyway. I don’t think there is anything between the two of them anyway.

Good news.  I'd love to read more about it but as ever any time I try to open anything on the official site I get a lovely big white page full of nothingness.

As for  the current custodian for me it remains his position to lose until the point he loses form or we no longer have anything meaningful to play for and he has confirmed he is moving on.  Until then he remains firmly first choice for me.

Great news re Carson. Would think that means Gillespie will make the move he has earned.

Kyle Semple ( U16 but plays U18) off to Rangers as I was told would happen. 5 figure fee but not sure of exact amount. Another outstanding youngster picked off by a bigger Club. Frustrating. But it’s what we do. 

32 minutes ago, dennyc said:

Great news re Carson. Would think that means Gillespie will make the move he has earned.

Kyle Semple ( U16 but plays U18) off to Rangers as I was told would happen. 5 figure fee but not sure of exact amount. Another outstanding youngster picked off by a bigger Club. Frustrating. But it’s what we do. 

I hope the said 5 figure fee was upfront,  that bunch of tax Dodgers probably still owe us for Hastie

5 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

I hope the said 5 figure fee was upfront,  that bunch of tax Dodgers probably still owe us for Hastie

The regulations say money has to be paid within 30 days or, I think, the registration is cancelled. I don't know if they wrote them with that mob in mind, but it should mean we see the money pretty quickly.

Excellent news regarding Carson signing on for another couple of seasons. He has proven to be both loyal and patient and certainly deserves a new deal, hopefully, for his sake, on improved terms.

With regard to Mark Gillespie, the ball is very firmly now in his court. I am pretty sure that is form will have attracted attention from other clubs, so he may get other offers. We may even get a bid or two for him in the transfer window which we would then Ben a position to accept. More likely that he will sign a pre contract deal, which is fine. It is how the system works. As with Carson, he has been great for us and we could not seriously begrudge either of them a move which improves their financial position or enhances their career. It will be interesting to see how long our offer to him stays on the table though, and what happens with selection after the break if he doesn't resign with us.

24 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

According to MFC the Hastie payment was in MFC Bank Account by the end of May, paid in full. Discussions between the Clubs were amicable and went well.  I believe they went that well that an add-on % was also agreed. If it had gone to Tribunal because the Clubs could not agree, then their would have been no such add-on . We did ok out of that move. And Rangers played it straight. 

58 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Burrows made it clear on the latest podcast that the the fee for Hastie was agreed early and amicably, and it matched fifa requirements, with a sell on fee added.

2 hours ago, Andy_P said:

Good news.  I'd love to read more about it but as ever any time I try to open anything on the official site I get a lovely big white page full of nothingness.

As you say Andy good news. If, as seems likely, Gillespie moves on that might save a decent wage if we sign/re-sign a promising keeper like Ferguson.

I have the same problem as you with the Official site. It just doesn't load. I've given up trying to use it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ross said:

I don’t know if this is the right thread but has there been any mention of why hylton isn’t away with the squad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy has incredible skill and the making of a really good player. Has had a decent start to his Motherwell career so I hope he’s not offski.

6 hours ago, dennyc said:

Relation to Jamie?

4 hours ago, Ross said:

I don’t know if this is the right thread but has there been any mention of why hylton isn’t away with the squad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s nothing sinister. Apparently he’s just unwell and therefore unfit to travel. Burrows confirmed as much on twitter in addition to reassuring the worriers that business is ongoing in terms of transfers and renewals. 

• David locked this topic