2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

Purely based on boredom and us needing a striker, was looking through again and came across Liam McAlinden ex Wolves player and dwindled down the leagues. Ended up at Halifax Town this season on a short-term contract until now and he’s now out of contract and available to sign for free. 10 goals so far this season and attracting the interest of league 1 clubs. So I’m going to suggest we may be interested. 
Also a former Northern Ireland and ROI u21 international... time will tell. 

Another attacking option to look at may be Josh Koroma from Huddersfield, very talented but struggled for game time, very successful time at Leyton Orient last few seasons and only 21 so could see us maybe looking at a loan for him. 

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 5:45 PM, Andy_P said:

Good news.  I'd love to read more about it but as ever any time I try to open anything on the official site I get a lovely big white page full of nothingness.

I get that as well never been on offical site since it changed over . We both must have shitty phones.

3 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

If that's at least 3 of us, and I mainly use a PC, then there's a problem.

I've never bothered trying to dig into it, but I often used to get about a 20 or 30 second delay before the page loads on my laptop, but that has improved recently.

On my phone, using the Brave browser (which is a Chrome variant), it's a bit hit and miss if anything loads.

Probably some dodgy javascript slowing things down. It does feel overloaded with unnecessary dynamic content and definitely not optimised for mobile devices.

8 hours ago, stv said:

I get that as well never been on offical site since it changed over . We both must have shitty phones.

Try clearing your cache perhaps. After I did originsll that it's generally fine.  The odd white page but refreshing usually gets rid. Using chrome on a Samsung S8.

• Like 1

Anytime i want to see the fixtures on the official site i get the white page on my phone.  I usually just leave it in the background& look at something else for a few minutes& when i go back to that tab, its there.

A real pain in the arse for when the wife wants to know if she can do x,y,z on a Saturday a few weeks later.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-21243861

Motherwell have opened talks with Chris Long and Liam Grimshaw who are both out of contract in the summer, writes Scott Burns.

Long, 24, arrived from Blackpool in the summer and has played a big part in Well’s push into third.

Boss Stephen Robinson wants the striker to continue his development at Fir Park and sign for at least next season.

While Grimshaw, in his second spell at the club, has really lifted his game since a switch to right-back and is on the verge of agreeing a new two-year deal.

1 hour ago, Big Stall said:

Anytime i want to see the fixtures on the official site i get the white page on my phone.  I usually just leave it in the background& look at something else for a few minutes& when i go back to that tab, its there.

A real pain in the arse for when the wife wants to know if she can do x,y,z on a Saturday a few weeks later.

Have to say I've never had any problem with the new fishel site, on either my laptop or my phone. Just looked at it again now on both, and it loaded fine... maybe I just have the right combination of ad and tracker blockers to make it work ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If it's only the fixture list you want, you can just Google "motherwell fixtures" -- gives you a nice list that even includes links to the YouTube highlights of previous games. (Would be nice if the fishel site did that too.)

There's also the SPFL page at https://spfl.co.uk/clubs/motherwell/fixtures (but I do have to turn of some my blockers to get that to load). In the past I've also used https://fixtur.es/en/team/motherwell to add them directly to my calendar, but it didn't seem to cope with rescheduled matches very well, even though it claims it does.

1 hour ago, Big Stall said:

Just Google "Motherwell fixtures" and they come right up in the search results.

2 hours ago, Big Stall said:

Just tell her "Naw" as I'm sure it will involve spending a load of money on nonsense.  Obviously the football's not nonsense and I am just as brave with my wife.

10 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

I see Kyle  Lafferty  is available,  might be worth a punt, big target man, knows where the goals are could be what we are looking for if the money  is right.

This must be about the fifth consecutive transfer window that his name has been punted on here...

13 minutes ago, superward said:

He's in talks with Sunderland apparently. 

I’d say they can have him normally, but I’ll win quite a bit of money if Sunderland can get up the league, so I’m suggesting we take one for the team here and sign him.

• Haha 1

May not seem exciting but I have watched him a couple times for Bournemouth 21s (I like Bournemouth) and he was one of the players to really stand out. Lightning quick and was scoring for fun, in his loans he seems to have been played as more of a winger. Scored 2 screamers for Killie and did Okay for them, also had good games for Gillingham in spells. Wouldn’t be a bad addition for the second half of the season and wouldn’t cost much at all.

• David locked this topic