2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

59 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

My only objection to Griffiths would be that we’d be getting him fit for Celtic possibly at the expense of the development of Long/Scott etc.

From a Scotland point of view I’d be for it given the lack of options the national team have.

I don't think griffiths would hamper eithers development considering how much we rotate anyway, and sometimes even play two up top. Both could learn a lot of Griffiths. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

My only objection to Griffiths would be that we’d be getting him fit for Celtic possibly at the expense of the development of Long/Scott etc.

From a Scotland point of view I’d be for it given the lack of options the national team have.

Long and Scott as would a few other players would only benefit playing with Griffiths, an experienced international player and goal scorer to learn from, 

• Like 1

There's absolutely no chance Griffiths will be coming to us on loan. Lennon is already on record as saying he won't be leaving.. even if he was, I am sure he would have more enticing suitors than ourselves.

Regardless of his personal issues Griffiths would still be miles outwith our reach.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mfc said:

I don't really get the signing of ndjoli,i don't think he's the type of player were needing but hopefully he can come in and have a positive impact between now and the end of the season.

Yep I sort of feel the same way.

Normally I’d say we have no chance of Griffiths on loan. But given how close the title race is - combined with how desperate I imagine Celtic are to win it - is it such a crazy idea to think that they may feel helping a decent team to strengthen (to potentially take points off rangers) without hurting themselves (cause loan players can’t pkay against them) isn’t a bad shout?

5 minutes ago, ohwulliewullie said:

Normally I’d say we have no chance of Griffiths on loan. But given how close the title race is - combined with how desperate I imagine Celtic are to win it - is it such a crazy idea to think that they may feel helping a decent team to strengthen (to potentially take points off rangers) without hurting themselves (cause loan players can’t pkay against them) isn’t a bad shout?

I expect they're well aware they could loan us half their team and we still wouldn't take points off Rangers. So yes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Yodo said:

You seen him play is he any good ?

I have watched many Bournemouth u21s games on the live thing and he was by far their best player which wasn’t even last season. Has been involved with their first team. Did OK at Killie and did ok when playing against us IIRC. Could well be a very good signing but he’ll be pretty unknown to most. 

• David locked this topic