2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

On 1/12/2020 at 4:32 AM, The African said:

I tend to think that, longer term, using the second half of the season to give some of our youngsters an opportunity might be the way to go. We are safe for this season, so why spend money we don't really have n the type of player available at his stage of a season, when we could bring in young talent that would benefit from the experience of coming into a confident and, currently, winning environment. We always seem to hear that young players are not ready forthe step up, but at least we could give them a chance in an atmosphere where they are free to play their own game without a poor performance having too dire consequences. Show a little faith and who knows what we might achieve?

Can't believe we're starting with this line of chat even earlier this season than we did last season. 

Why spend money to bring in someone this window? Because the difference between finishing in 3rd and finishing 6th, for example, is half a million quid. 

We did this last season when we "had nothing to play for" except the prize money that would come in handy when we're all moaning about not being able to afford new players. We should be doing everything in our power to finish as high up the table as possible, from both a competitive standpoint and for the extra money we'd earn through doing so.

When we find ourselves in a season where we could finish 3rd and we have a team that's clicked and doing well we need to capitalise on it, because there's every chance we lose players in the summer and find ourselves sitting in 9th this time next season. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Winning by Name said:

I fell for that hook, line and sinker.

What a dissy!

:lol: sorry. To be fair I thought of the joke at some point in 2017 and have been waiting for us to be credibly linked to Leigh Griffiths for over 2 years now, I'd be raging if I didn't get at least one bite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yassin said:

:lol: sorry. To be fair I thought of the joke at some point in 2017 and have been waiting for us to be credibly linked to Leigh Griffiths for over 2 years now, I'd be raging if I didn't get at least one bite.

TBH I almost fell for it.

6 hours ago, David said:

Can't believe we're starting with this line of chat even earlier this season than we did last season. 

Why spend money to bring in someone this window? Because the difference between finishing in 3rd and finishing 6th, for example, is half a million quid. 

We did this last season when we "had nothing to play for" except the prize money that would come in handy when we're all moaning about not being able to afford new players. We should be doing everything in our power to finish as high up the table as possible, from both a competitive standpoint and for the extra money we'd earn through doing so.

When we find ourselves in a season where we could finish 3rd and we have a team that's clicked and doing well we need to capitalise on it, because there's every chance we lose players in the summer and find ourselves sitting in 9th this time next season. 

Exactly

Build from a position of strength 

55 minutes ago, Ross said:

According to talkingbaws Chris Long has been talking to English clubs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s made it plain up he wants to move back down south and Motherwell is just a stepping stone. He’s certainly got a decent skill set and is improving but he’s hardly blowing the division apart.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fizoxy said:

It's on the daily record transfer tracker thing. Also mentions were interested in a pre contract for jordan white from caley thistle.

Im sure we were looking at Jordan White when he was at Stirling Albion and again at Livingston! Would be a typical Motherwell signing, scouted for 11 transfer windows before signing.

He's a big lad, 6'4 and a handful. Tho Im far more impressed wi the big lad Stewart at Ross County

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Shaka said:

Im sure we were looking at Jordan White when he was at Stirling Albion and again at Livingston! Would be a typical Motherwell signing, scouted for 11 transfer windows before signing.

He's a big lad, 6'4 and a handful. Tho Im far more impressed wi the big lad Stewart at Ross County

I’m sure we were heavily linked with  Jordan White the summer we ended up with Jacob Blythe. Jordan went on to Wrexham instead and soon after encountered some serious health issues soon after. 

From the odd time I’ve seen Inverness on the tv, he does look a handful but possibly not as refined as you’d like for a 27 year old striker. 

12 hours ago, Shaka said:

Inverness fans think he's absolutely useless.

• David locked this topic