2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

2 hours ago, Ross said:

Grimmy signs a new deal until 2022.Surely he’ll of scored by then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent news, not everyone’s cup of tea but he always puts in a shift and is full of energy. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ross said:

Grimmy signs a new deal until 2022.Surely he’ll of scored by then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great news! I can be very critical of him as he may not be the best player but I like him and glad he’s staying. Gives 110% effort and where’s his heart on his sleeve which is a minimum requirement to be liked at the well and he loves us too!

• Like 2

Hope Robinson lets Seedorf sit out for a lengthy period (around 1st July will do). He has contributed sweet FA in the last few months. His first touch when he came on last night summed it all up, took a square pass and his touch almost put the ball out for a throw about 10 yards from the byeline. An easy trap but he somehow managed to kick it about 5 yards to his left. He then disappeared for most of the game. Almost every single time he got tackled he flopped to the ground and inevitably gave possession away, cringeworthy attempt at getting freeckicks and IMHO completely useless when he comes on. It was interesting when it was announced that he had replaced Hylton the amount of groans from fans around me. I think the fans would have welcomed Carson outfield than Seedorf.

• Like 2

Still a few players out of contract this summer most notably Dunne, Hartley, Tait and Long. Of these 4 we only know that Long has been offered a new deal, and thats justified. Dunne maybe? I wouldn't be in any rush to extend deals for Tait and Hartley though. On last night's evidence we still badly need an old fashioned centre forward to hold the ball up.

8 minutes ago, Well Well said:

Hope Robinson lets Seedorf sit out for a lengthy period (around 1st July will do). He has contributed sweet FA in the last few months. His first touch when he came on last night summed it all up, took a square pass and his touch almost put the ball out for a throw about 10 yards from the byeline. An easy trap but he somehow managed to kick it about 5 yards to his left. He then disappeared for most of the game. Almost every single time he got tackled he flopped to the ground and inevitably gave possession away, cringeworthy attempt at getting freeckicks and IMHO completely useless when he comes on. It was interesting when it was announced that he had replaced Hylton the amount of groans from fans around me. I think the fans would have welcomed Carson outfield than Seedorf.

It was a good efficient team performance last night, but have to agree, Seedorf is like playing with a man down. Manzinga should definitely be ahead of him in the pecking order.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dinnae-punt-it said:

It was a good efficient team performance last night, but have to agree, Seedorf is like playing with a man down. Manzinga should definitely be ahead of him in the pecking order.

Seedorf has failed to impress so far hence my reasoning for another addition in the wide area (Ndjoli). With Hylton limping off last night that could be a worry for us as he’s an excellent player and brings something to the team. Will likely give Ndjoli more of a chance to impress and hopefully he takes it.

13 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Seedorf has failed to impress so far hence my reasoning for another addition in the wide area (Ndjoli). With Hylton limping off last night that could be a worry for us as he’s an excellent player and brings something to the team. Will likely give Ndjoli more of a chance to impress and hopefully he takes it.

Robinson said that Hylton had been feeling unwell so I think it’s more a virus. I’m always keen that we give young players the time to develop but I just don’t see it with Seedorf, it really was like playing with 10 men when he came on and other than pace ( which I know can be huge) he’s miles behind the level needed for a Premiership player. Someone that would do well and probably have supporters drooling at Championship level where he could beat a man which would see his confidence grow. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

Someone that would do well and probably have supporters drooling at Championship level where he could beat a man which would see his confidence grow. 

Would be good to see how he'd fare against Championship opposition.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, supermarv said:

Seedorf is brutal, no positional sense, never tracks back, final ball non existent, runs about like a headless chicken contributing feck all to the game etc etc. He should be nowhere near the 1st team.  Sometimes a punt on a player pays off, this one has failed, hopefully  Ndjoli will offer a lot more.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Seedorf is brutal, no positional sense, never tracks back, final ball non existent, runs about like a headless chicken contributing feck all to the game etc etc. He should be nowhere near the 1st team.  Sometimes a punt on a player pays off, this one has failed, hopefully  Ndjoli will offer a lot more.

Like Robinson said in his podcast, the first thing he looks for in a new signing is pace - because you can coach the other parts of the game, but you can't coach speed.

He might not improve, but he was certainly worth the punt we took. If nothing else, his pace gives the opposition something to think about even when he's not doing anything. He certainly hasn't improved the way Hylton has, but Hylton had 150+ first team games under his belt before he joined so was less of a gamble.

• Like 2

Seedorf will always have that screamer against hearts.

He was electric for a few games, but he looks to have lost confidence and been found out by our opposition. He would probably get the benefit of the doubt more if he was from wishaw, but either way he's not much of an option right now.

9 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

Seedorf will always have that screamer against hearts.

He was electric for a few games, but he looks to have lost confidence and been found out by our opposition. He would probably get the benefit of the doubt more if he was from wishaw, but either way he's not much of an option right now.

This is pretty much where I'm at. He's been pivotal in winning us a few games and mince in the rest, which in a roundabout way is the sort of overall contribution I expect from 21 year old wingers with barely any first team experience that we take punts on.

4 hours ago, weeyin said:

Like Robinson said in his podcast, the first thing he looks for in a new signing is pace - because you can coach the other parts of the game, but you can't coach speed.

I would rather have a player with a bit less pace and more basic ability,  no point in being able to run fast and get past defenders etc and then make a mess of the ball in or telling pass to a team mate. Yes you can coach the other parts of the game but the assumption is you have the skills and talent to coach in the 1st place.

Seedorf is still young and probably has a lot to learn but he is nowhere near 1st team standard, and bringing him on in games is like having somebody sent off. 

Let’s hope he picks up and everyone else plays to the top of their game.  Tough run of games coming up and against the closest teams. Aberdeen, Hibs and Livingston. Not sure how many point we will take from these 3 games. I’d be ok with 3 draws but hoping we can better that. 

Some decent discussion on P & B just now about our striking options or rather lack of them.  I could not put it better than "Casagolda" has done and have copied his post over; hopefully he/she won't object. 

"Massive fan of Long but his game is about pace and movement- see the 2nd goal on Saturday. When we’re on the back foot, he has a tendency to almost switch off and drift out the game. 

We could do with a forward who has a bit more experience and a bit of a physical presence. Cole was probably the pick of the bunch and we’ve replaced him with yet another inexperienced winger. 

It’s a huge ask to go through the rest of the season with Long as our only senior striker. He’s scored 5 of our last 8 goals and if anything happens to him, we’re humped."

This weakness was very evident in the Accies game and also for a 20 minute spell on Saturday. We need someone, and reasoanbly quickly,  with the physicality and experience to hold the ball up and take some pressure off the struggling midfield and defence.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

Steelboy has been saying the same thing on here a lot though maybe not quite so politely.

We need a striker that can play with his back to goal to take pressure off at times. Curtis Main couldn't finish his dinner but was excellent at holding the ball up and giving us an out to build from.

I think everyone would agree with that statement 

But can anyone name a player like that who would be within our budget ????

Only asking cause I’m sure the back room staff are looking for said person 

Re Seedorf. I actually think putting him out on loan to a Championship team would be the best thing for him right now. He needs to go and get first team games out of the spotlight and give us a chance to see whether he can develop or not. Difficulty with that is it might dent his confidence furrher and you are handing his development over to someone else. We would need to choose wisely and see if that team were interested.

• David locked this topic