2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

5 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Scott’s away from what I’ve been told 1.7 million don’t know if that includes add ons... a lot of money that we can’t reject. Hopefully we can find someone to replace him quickly.

If that's true, I would hope we've already replaced him.

If he's off to Hull, I can't see him playing much more first team football this season - not quite ready for the physicality of Championship defences.

18 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Scott’s away from what I’ve been told 1.7 million don’t know if that includes add ons... a lot of money that we can’t reject. Hopefully we can find someone to replace him quickly.

I read yesterday that nobody had made any move for Ross Stewart.  I'd take him as a replacement.

Hull are selling a striker for 20odd mil today so I would imagine Scott will go straight in to compete for the first team.

I thought 750k was reasonable for him, 1.7m would be an unreal bit of business imo, but we absolutely need to reinvest today. 

18 minutes ago, Haggischomper said:

Piss-poor recruitment right there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

That’s nonsense. From what I’ve heard is that his attitude since joining has been shite. That’s totally down to the player. Motherwell signed a Danish international and ended up with a homesick dud. 

3 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Hull are selling a striker for 20odd mil today so I would imagine Scott will go straight in to compete for the first team.

Robinson's main criticism about Scott is his lack of physicality - especially given his size. I've enjoyed watching him this season, but he's shown all the inconsistency you's expect from a youngster learning the game.

I don't think he's anywhere near ready to play against the top Championship defences yet, but more power to him if he can.

As others have stated, anything north of £1m is decent for James Scott as he is just now.  I think if he'd scored a few more goals this season, we'd be looking at double that  

As others have also said, you'd hope we have a replacement in mind if we're willing to do business on the last day of the window ...

1 minute ago, steelman1991 said:

Being reported on SSN now as well. Good business for the club.

It's only good business if we have a replacement waiting otherwise we will  struggle to score goals.  Securing a European spot and a continuing  good cup run is worth a lot more money than hull are paying, so poor timing letting g him go now in my opinion.

• Like 1

Sorry but a bit peeved at this first time in a long time we dont need to sell right away I dont think it's good business at all and for a team that's pretty weak up front if you dont spend yes spend some of the cash then not too impressed and I am not talking about extending Long on  new contract that wont cut it.

It'll be a serious kick in the stones if we don't get anyone in. 

I'm sad to see Scott go. I don't think he was too far away from bringing his game together and was hobbled a bit by having Grimmy behind him and Long inside him neither of whom are comfortable with the concept of passing a football. He's been by far our most enjoyable player to watch this season.

I also hope this "sell our youngsters before they manage a full season" trend is something that we see the end of soon.

As I've said in other threads, the main point of the academy is to develop a quality of player we could never afford to buy. Of course selling them on for a profit is an import aspect - but that should be secondary. The only reason for our club (or any club) to exist is to entertain the fans.

If we choose to flog all our young talent 6 months after they establish a first team spot, then we start to lose the ethos of developing our own.

Just now, weeyin said:

I also hope this "sell our youngsters before they manage a full season" trend is something that we see the end of soon.

As I've said in other threads, the main point of the academy is to develop a quality of player we could never afford to buy. Of course selling them on for a profit is an import aspect - but that should be secondary. The only reason for our club (or any club) to exist is to entertain the fans.

If we choose to flog all our young talent 6 months after they establish a first team spot, then we start to lose the ethos of developing our own.

Scott has had a decent crack for just under a year so he’s had a good opportunity and we’ve got to see him do well. Turnbull will stay until at least the end of the season, and wee Al looks like he’s staying even though I can’t believe nobody has tried for him.

• David locked this topic