2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

Prior to selling Scott, the transfer window closing with us bringing in another fast winger/forward type and then watching us on Saturday I would have said no to Watt...……...however with the those 3 things going as they did I think its a no brainer until the end of the season as long as he is showing the right behaviours, fit and up for it!

I seen an interview with Jim Goodwin earlier where he was saying he was trying to sign a 'Well player on a pre contract but ultimately failed, I wonder who it was. As for Watt I wouldn't be surprised if he joins until the end of the season.

Tony Watt can be our “Si Ferry” style media man. Sits on a stool for an hour with a Stone Island tracksuit on, no socks and a pair of expensive trainers where he can review the dressing room banter and tell us how much of a “character” Charles Dunne is. Then he interviews current squad players and they can talk about all the banter and who has the most banter in the dressing room. 

We can release the podcast as “Watt the fuck?”

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, johnstone said:

Tony Watt can be our “Si Ferry” style media man. Sits on a stool for an hour with a Stone Island tracksuit on, no socks and a pair of expensive trainers where he can review the dressing room banter and tell us how much of a “character” Charles Dunne is. Then he interviews current squad players and they can talk about all the banter and who has the most banter in the dressing room. 

Or we could pimp him out as a gigolo and film a documentary following his antics, and call it "Fuck the actual Watt".

7 minutes ago, WishyWell said:

Or we could pimp him out as a gigolo and film a documentary following his antics, and call it "Fuck the actual Watt".

Resign Aryibi too and we could release a podcast with Tony chatting to the mercurial winger  over breakfast.

"Watts the story morning Gboly?"

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, johnstone said:

:lol:

Sounds good to me as he's the type of player we've been lacking. A short term deal so no great commitment from us. As with any newcomer to Fir Park lets give him our support and see what he can do. A serious question has been asked  ......... and now answered.

10 minutes ago, Kmac said:

I'm having Vietnam style flashbacks about Francis Jeffers at this news

image.png.ab53c40ba9b2337750f6d760b66fc89d.png

If you're forgetting that he played a significant part in our run to the Cup Final then that's your own fault tbh.

1 minute ago, thisGRAEME said:

If you're forgetting that he played a significant part in our run to the Cup Final then that's your own fault tbh.

You mean the one where Stevie Hammell magically became in midfielder and we got royally pumped? I think I was suppressing that rather than forgetting....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kmac said:

You mean the one where Stevie Hammell magically became in midfielder and we got royally pumped? I think I was suppressing that rather than forgetting....

Stevie Hammell playing in midfield had nothing to do with Francis Jeffers (and even less to do with Tony Watt)

27 minutes ago, Kmac said:

I forgot we got pumped in every game before reaching the final right enough aye.

(Hammell was good against United as a midfielder as well)

Watt wouldnt have been my choice earlier in the window purely down to the baggage he appears to have carried with him throughout his career.

However, with the window now closed and with no other prospect of bolstering our striking options until the end of the season, we just have to get behind the guy and hope he still has sufficient in him to bring something positive to the team.

There is no doubt the boy has talent. If he can sort out whats between his ears its still not too late for him to resurrect his career.

• David locked this topic