2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

11 minutes ago, alanos said:

With Motherwell's track record of getting the most out of faded players, I have high hopes for Watt. This may be the move that suits him, being a Lanarkshire boy.

I'd say our track record is 50-50 at best, but fingers crossed indeed.

He provided the cross for our goal but, looking at the line up, he's probably not a winger.

Can someone Google available midfielders from the north east of England with England B caps who previously played for motherwell?

Edit - I did the googling and it is either bevis Mugabi or Kenny dalglish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Quite a few players out of contract at the end of the season; Ferguson, Gillespie, Tait, Hartley, Maguire, Dunne, Livingstone, Long, Ilic and Manzinga. O'Hara, Ndjoli and Aarons will return on expiry of their loans. For most of them we've heard absolutely nothing. All we know that Long has been offered a new deal and that Gillespie will almost certainly be offski.  Quite a few decisions to be taken.

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Quite a few players out of contract at the end of the season; Ferguson, Gillespie, Tait, Hartley, Maguire, Dunne, Livingstone, Long, Ilic and Manzinga. O'Hara, Ndjoli and Aarons will return on expiry of their loans. For most of them we've heard absolutely nothing. All we know that Long has been offered a new deal and that Gillespie will almost certainly be offski.  Quite a few decisions to be taken.

Keep - Ferguson or Gillespie, Tait, Dunne, Long. Woud sign O'Hara permanently if that's an option.

The rest can go. Maybe keep Hartley?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, after tonight's performance, what is next seasons relegation battle looking like?

Carson - decent keeper, glad to have him onboard.

Gillespie - have to assume he will be gone.

Tait - has struggled, but his experience could be vital. Got to play him in the right position though.

Gallagher - a saleable asset, so any half decent offer will see him gone. Has been great for us, so hard to replace.

Hartley - looks done, should be gone.

Dunne - will be interesting to see how he does after long term injury, but worth keeping.

Maguire - his lack of opportunity seems to suggest he will be freed when his contract is up.

Carroll - has been decent for us, hopefully comes back well from his injury.

Donnelly - not the player he looked at the beginning of the season, but all squads need journeymen who cover more than one position.

Mugabi - doesn't look like he has the goods to make it at our level. The only thing currently keeping him at Fir Park next season is the length of his contract.

Grimshaw - great attitude, journeyman player. Would keep around for now.

Polworth - has talent, need to find a way to use it to our best advantage. Another keeper.

Campbell - probably needs a rest, but a better than decent player on his day.

Turnbull - depending on how the rest of this season goes and whether he extends his contract, but I can see us trying to cash him in this summer.

Long - some talent, but does he want to be here? I think he will be gone.

Hylton - better than Seedirf, but not good enough for this league.

Seedorf - just not good enough, see yah!

MacIver - too young and inexperienced to tell. I'd keep him as a work in progress.

Ilic - if he cannot get into the team now, what is the point? Bye.

Mazinga - see Seedorf.

Watt - here on a short term deal so not sure if he will want to stick around. He is basically on a long term trial till the end of the season, and if he does really well, someone with more money will pick him up.

Ferguson - back from loan in N Ireland. We will need cover for Carson if he fancies the job.

As for the players we have on loan, I'd try my damnedest to get O'Hara on a permanent deal, the others can close the door on their way out.

Missed anyone? So, a bit of a clear out and rebuild, but it is ever thus, and we are not completely bereft of talent. We will need to spend any Gallagher/Turnbull money wisely though, and we have to find a striker or two from somewhere.

• Like 1

Just now, The African said:

So, after tonight's performance, what is next seasons relegation battle looking like?

Carson - decent keeper, glad to have him onboard.

Gillespie - have to assume he will be gone.

Tait - has struggled, but his experience could be vital. Got to play him in the right position though.

Gallagher - a saleable asset, so any half decent offer will see him gone. Has been great for us, so hard to replace.

Hartley - looks done, should be gone.

Dunne - will be interesting to see how he does after long term injury, but worth keeping.

Maguire - his lack of opportunity seems to suggest he will be freed when his contract is up.

Carroll - has been decent for us, hopefully comes back well from his injury.

Donnelly - not the player he looked at the beginning of the season, but all squads need journeymen who cover more than one position.

Mugabi - doesn't look like he has the goods to make it at our level. The only thing currently keeping him at Fir Park next season is the length of his contract.

Grimshaw - great attitude, journeyman player. Would keep around for now.

Polworth - has talent, need to find a way to use it to our best advantage. Another keeper.

Campbell - probably needs a rest, but a better than decent player on his day.

Turnbull - depending on how the rest of this season goes and whether he extends his contract, but I can see us trying to cash him in this summer.

Long - some talent, but does he want to be here? I think he will be gone.

Hylton - better than Seedirf, but not good enough for this league.

Seedorf - just not good enough, see yah!

MacIver - too young and inexperienced to tell. I'd keep him as a work in progress.

Ilic - if he cannot get into the team now, what is the point? Bye.

Mazinga - see Seedorf.

Watt - here on a short term deal so not sure if he will want to stick around. He is basically on a long term trial till the end of the season, and if he does really well, someone with more money will pick him up.

Ferguson - back from loan in N Ireland. We will need cover for Carson if he fancies the job.

As for the players we have on loan, I'd try my damnedest to get O'Hara on a permanent deal, the others can close the door on their way out.

Missed anyone? So, a bit of a clear out and rebuild, but it is ever thus, and we are not completely bereft of talent. We will need to spend any Gallagher/Turnbull money wisely though, and we have to find a striker or two from somewhere.

A reasonable summary but I would not offer Tait a new deal. I think Turnbull and Gallagher will both move on. I'd like to hang onto Long as he's not been given a fair crack of the whip ie being played in a role for which he's not suited. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rickie-lamie-wanted-motherwell-stephen-21579097

Rickie Lamie wanted by Motherwell as Stephen Robinson eyes pre-contract transfer for Livingston star
The Fir Park club want to reunite the centre-back with former Livi team-mate Declan Gallagher.
By Scott Burns
09:32, 26 FEB 2020

Motherwell want to land Ricki Lamie from Livingston .

The Steelmen are looking to do a deal to sign the defender who is out of contract in the summer.

Well boss Stephen Robinson took Declan Gallagher from Livi last season and now wants to team him up with Lamie.

There is also interest from England in the centre-back but Motherwell look to have stolen a march.

The Fir Park outfit are looking to get a pre-contract done that will see Lamie move for nothing in the summer.

Gallagher has already made the move west

Livingston had wanted to open talks with the 26-year-old over a new deal but he had indicated he wanted to keep his options open.

Since then he has fallen down the pecking order at Livi.

The Staggies were willing to pay a fee but Lamie turned down that move because he wasn’t keen on a move to the Highlands.

A move to Fir Park would mean the former Morton defender is able remain in the central belt.

The move could also have the potential of European football if third-placed Motherwell keep themselves up at the top end of the Premiership.

3 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rickie-lamie-wanted-motherwell-stephen-21579097

Rickie Lamie wanted by Motherwell as Stephen Robinson eyes pre-contract transfer for Livingston star
The Fir Park club want to reunite the centre-back with former Livi team-mate Declan Gallagher.
By Scott Burns
09:32, 26 FEB 2020

Motherwell want to land Ricki Lamie from Livingston .

The Steelmen are looking to do a deal to sign the defender who is out of contract in the summer.

Well boss Stephen Robinson took Declan Gallagher from Livi last season and now wants to team him up with Lamie.

There is also interest from England in the centre-back but Motherwell look to have stolen a march.

The Fir Park outfit are looking to get a pre-contract done that will see Lamie move for nothing in the summer.

Gallagher has already made the move west

Livingston had wanted to open talks with the 26-year-old over a new deal but he had indicated he wanted to keep his options open.

Since then he has fallen down the pecking order at Livi.

The Staggies were willing to pay a fee but Lamie turned down that move because he wasn’t keen on a move to the Highlands.

A move to Fir Park would mean the former Morton defender is able remain in the central belt.

The move could also have the potential of European football if third-placed Motherwell keep themselves up at the top end of the Premiership.

Don't know much about Lamie. Was Gallacher and Halkett that stood out for me.

• David locked this topic