2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

4 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

The scouts will have a cunt of a job scouting players the now... What are they doing? Watching Facebook for the bog roll challenge? 

Footballers trying to out-content each other is absolutely doing my nut in. The only good thing to come out of that shit is watching ordinary punters accidentally volley fire places. 

• 3 weeks later...

We would obviously make nothing from Gillespie moving to Newcastle, but a guy getting a move to the English Premiership doesn't do our profile any arm with regard to potential recruits. As for the player, good luck to him.  Would be a great move for him financially, and given his excellent service during his two seasons with us, a move that would be churlish for us to begrudge.

I'm pleasantly surprised we managed to keep both Carson and Gillespie for so long (albeit, Carson was out for a while). The fact that Trevor extended his contract suggested that Gillespie would be moving on and, as you say, an EPL move would be great for Gillespie and another great advert for the club.

18 hours ago, Neilwell86 said:

Jordan white a done deal according to well fans III, any truth?

It looks definitely a possibility we are in for White, the next question is “how good is he?”

I know Robinson likes to get players that he can improve, let’s hope this is the case with him, as he has had many clubs and until this week never heard of him, anyone any idea what kind of player he is?

6 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

It looks definitely a possibility we are in for White, the next question is “how good is he?”

I know Robinson likes to get players that he can improve, let’s hope this is the case with him, as he has had many clubs and until this week never heard of him, anyone any idea what kind of player he is?

Looking at his record he seems to often end up the top scorer with his club while never scoring a ton of goals. At 28 years old thought I can’t see him developing that much more.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46963445

I’ve watched Jordan White a couple of times on the tv since we were linked in Jan. As his record shows, he’s not a prolific striker and a I didn’t see enough to judge his link up play. He has the movement of a typical number 9 though so I have a hunch that he’d be a useful addition. 

I’m interested to see how Motherwell and other clubs go about their transfer business, given the uncertainty over the new season. Is it viable to insert a clause that covers the possibility of no training or games for months to come? 

31 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

I’m interested to see how Motherwell and other clubs go about their transfer business, given the uncertainty over the new season. Is it viable to insert a clause that covers the possibility of no training or games for months to come? 

I think that depends on what UEFA come up with. I read a week or two ago they were open to automatically extending existing contracts to cover seasons being completed and extending the transfer window if necessary. Another option being considered was letting clubs do their regular transfer business now, but not activating the new contracts until the new season officially starts.

What the logistics would be regarding payment of wages for that gap in the middle, however, wasn't explained.

Was told at Paisley the last time we played there that White was a done deal on a pre-contract. Saw him against Dundee Utd on ? BBC Scotland on a Friday night recently He scored and is your typical big gangly No 9 like Crouch but not quite as big. He could be a good addition as he is different to anything we have at the minute.

12 hours ago, middleeastdave said:

I used to watch him at Stirling Albion but that seemed like yeeears ago.

16 hours ago, supermarv said:

Robbo had an interview and said we have signed a few players on pre contracts, with white being one mentioned, and most likely O’Hara coming in. Hopefully we can strengthen this summer rather than rebuild as such. 

SR has a team to build for the Europa league campaign,  so new talent in is all good :nod:

• David locked this topic