2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

1 hour ago, David said:

What happens if the player doesn't want to sign a contract offered by his club, but no one wants to match the development fee valuation?

Isn't that precisely what could happen with Hastie - solution likely to be a Tribunal.

21 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

I don't know how it would work, I reckon the two clubs could maybe come to an agreement, whether that was say 300k with maybe a player thrown in to sweeten the deal, or whatever that agreement may be.

You really think Sevco will give us a player cos we're angry with them. This is a team that dont pay. Dinner ladies. Catering staff etc. Go bust and write off all their debt. They'll be offering us a tenner and let tribunal sort it out.

1 hour ago, David said:

What happens if the player doesn't want to sign a contract offered by his club, but no one wants to match the development fee valuation?

The  case of Sibbald at Falkirk is often  quoted as a young player whose development  fee out stripped his worth but I don't know  what  the  final outcome  was. 

1 hour ago, David said:

I believe he can then leave the club at the end of his contract, become a free agent and is free to sign on elsewhere. In that scenario I don't think we're due anything. Emphasis on the word "think".

Is a risk for the player though - I'm sure it happened at partick thistle a few years back and the player (bannigan maybe?) couldn't find another club after all, so went back to thistle with his tail between his legs.

8 minutes ago, sinjy said:

The  case of Sibbald at Falkirk is often  quoted as a young player whose development  fee out stripped his worth but I don't know  what  the  final outcome  was. 

Just  checked  on Wiki and  it seems  Sibbald took some  time  to consider his option even going on trial at Luton before returning  to Falkirk and signing  a one year deal. He left for  Livi at the end of that  for nothing. Could see the same scenario happening with Cadden.

1 hour ago, David said:

We can agree a deal that suits both clubs, I think, with add-ons etc. 

3 minutes ago, weeyin said:

We can agree a deal that suits both clubs, I think, with add-ons etc. 

Yeah, but what if the club that the player wants to join, and has perhaps even agreed a contract with says they're paying fuck all. no fee, no add-ons, nothing. Do the authorities block the move? What happens to the player if his original club refuse to accept that he's going to just walk for absolutely nothing?

6 minutes ago, David said:

Yeah, but what if the club that the player wants to join, and has perhaps even agreed a contract with says they're paying fuck all. no fee, no add-ons, nothing. Do the authorities block the move? What happens to the player if his original club refuse to accept that he's going to just walk for absolutely nothing?

It then goes to a tribunal and both clubs have to abide by what it decides compensation should be. That amount also has to be paid in one go and with a set time limit, not in instalments.

• Like 1

If he doesn't sign with us and no-one wants to pay then he is in limbo, perhaps till he reaches a particular age then he would be free to sign for whoever wants him. To prevent that he would be as well signing with us.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The African said:

Any further comments regarding Hastie should be in the former players thread.

Agreed. Let's look forward to seeing the players who want to stay here, and the new players we'll be signing this summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ropy said:

If he doesn't sign with us and no-one wants to pay then he is in limbo, perhaps till he reaches a particular age then he would be free to sign for whoever wants him. To prevent that he would be as well signing with us.

That’s the likeliest scenario in this instance

On 5/1/2019 at 1:34 PM, MrBeee said:

You have to give anyone that comes a chance if you look at alot of our signings hardly set the heather on fire but had alot of success. Kipre hardly kicked a ball and look at how that story ended.What doesn't work at one club might be amazing at another.

Also important  to note Robinson`s comments  suggesting Carroll aint necessarily a `shoe-in` for left back and that he will have to prove his worth.  With this in mind I would ask those who are downing Carroll before he sets foot in FP to wind their neck in and put trust in Robinson.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, livivoice said:

Also important  to note Robinson`s comments  suggesting Carroll aint necessarily a `shoe-in` for left back and that he will have to prove his worth.  With this in mind I would ask those who are downing Carroll before he sets foot in FP to wind their neck in and put trust in Robinson.

Supporters say Carroll might not be good enough and Clappers. Robinson says basically the same thing and it's trust in Robbo.

This signing has the feel of another Hendrie or ATS. 

43 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Supporters say Carroll might not be good enough and Clappers. Robinson says basically the same thing and it's trust in Robbo.

This signing has the feel of another Hendrie or ATS. 

What manager ever says a new signing is a "shoo-in"? 

Robinson just said the standard stuff, i.e. coming here to compete, adding competition, etc.

Haven’t seen the guy, so don’t really have an opinion on him, seems to have a fair few games under his belt at least. We need competition in that area, so hopefully this pushes Livingstone to take his opportunity next season.

Carroll is like a lot of the players we sign, he's someone who's not set the heather alight elsewhere but who we hope can come in and do a job for us. 

Let's be honest, if he was doing well at a club like Cambridge he'd likely be looking to nab a contract with a League One side down south rather than try his luck here. He may be a success, he may not. That's the risk you take 99% of the time when you're operating in the areas of the transfer market that we do.

Regarding Chris Cadden as i've said before he's had a poor season. Maybe carrying an injury. If he moves on good luck to him maybe we'll get a right sided midfielder with a bit of pace who might score a goal or two in his place.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, DEWELL said:

Regarding Chris Cadden as i've said before he's had a poor season. Maybe carrying an injury. If he moves on good luck to him maybe we'll get a right sided midfielder with a bit of pace who might score a goal or two in his place.

I don’t think Cadden was 100% fit before his injury. IIRC he came back from an injury a good bit earlier, but looked 80%  fit all season as well as being played as a wing back, so no wonder we’ve not seen the best of him.

• Thanks 1

• David locked this topic