Jump to content

Kmcalpin

2019-20 Rebuild

Recommended Posts

Tait has been played out of position all season long. Now hopefully we've got a left back and let him go back to where he should always be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Derby, Cardiff and Bristol City linked with Turnbull today.  Having watched a fair bit of Derby recently, I think this would be the perfect move for him at this stage in his development. He’d fit nicely into Lampard’s style of play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Derby, Cardiff and Bristol City linked with Turnbull today.  Having watched a fair bit of Derby recently, I think this would be the perfect move for him at this stage in his development. He’d fit nicely into Lampard’s style of play. 

Knowing nothing about English football, and caring even less, my only concern is if all 3 clubs are capable of stumping up a hefty fee?  Not strictly true, given his loyalty to us, I'd like him to go to a decent club and do well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally hope that we realise as much as possible from the sale of Turnbull. As such, we have to expect that his stock is set to rise and that now is not the time to cash in. All things being equal, another season with us will increase his value and get him the move he deserves.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The African said:

Personally hope that we realise as much as possible from the sale of Turnbull. As such, we have to expect that his stock is set to rise and that now is not the time to cash in. All things being equal, another season with us will increase his value and get him the move he deserves.

Yes and no. Another season with us also gets him closer to the end of his contract...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Yes and no. Another season with us also gets him closer to the end of his contract...

The people with the type of money required to get him are not going to hang around for a year to get him on the cheap. He will be making a genuine step up and not joining Celtic or Rangers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all know that there's going to be a major rebuild this summer, but just how significant will it turn out to be? A half decent discussion on P & B about it.  

By my reckoning the following will be out of contract:  Mbulu, Cadden, Frear, Gorrin, McHugh, Main and Tanner.  Loanees possibly/certainly leaving are: Aldred, Ariyibi, Sammon, McCormack and Newell. Don't think I've omitted anyone.  Add to that question marks over Hartley, Donnelly and Johnson who will remain under contract but seem to be injured/out of favour.

Bear in mind too that Gallagher and Polworth are coming in highly recommended and Maguire is returning.  Question mark over Carroll.     

How many of them will we actually miss?  Of the above lists I'd say we'll miss perhaps Cadden, although his development seems to have stalled; Gorrin, who will be a big miss; and perhaps Aldred, although Gallagher may well replace him.   The headline exodus seems quite disturbing at first glance, but just how disruptive will it turn out to be?  The above will be using up a fair whack of our playing budget and I think that we can replace some with fewer but higher earners.  It shouldn't be too difficult to improve the squad, especially a first 11.  No doubt along with successes there'll also be some failures, but thats life.   

An interesting summer ahead.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is there a question mark over Carroll? Because of a few random punters on Twitter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh! There’s a question mark alright. And I don’t pay heed to anything by English supporters of players moving northwards to ply their trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard his agent said he couldn't believe he had managed to get him a 2 year deal with a club of Motherwell's stature. His current team are bottom of their league and he isn't getting a game for them. Read into that what you will. I hope to be proved wrong next season but wouldn't hold my breath

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Why is there a question mark over Carroll? Because of a few random punters on Twitter?

No, nothing to do with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, real dosser said:

I heard his agent said he couldn't believe he had managed to get him a 2 year deal with a club of Motherwell's stature. His current team are bottom of their league and he isn't getting a game for them. Read into that what you will. I hope to be proved wrong next season but wouldn't hold my breath

What I read into it is speculation. So & so "heard" this isn't exactly concrete information.

The biggest thing I've read into the Jake Carroll signing is that he's a stick-on to be the scapegoat among certain fans next season unless he hits the ground running and immediately settles in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding Turnbull we could sell him to Derby for 2M. And get him back on loan for a season . Im sure i read him in papers saying he would be happy wirh that scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

David I'm not looking to make him a scapegoat I'm only passing on what I hear. I will back him like everybody else in a Well strip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

Regarding Turnbull we could sell him to Derby for 2M. And get him back on loan for a season . Im sure i read him in papers saying he would be happy wirh that scenario.

I'm sure he would. Not sure Derby would be so pleased about it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, David said:

What I read into it is speculation. So & so "heard" this isn't exactly concrete information.

The biggest thing I've read into the Jake Carroll signing is that he's a stick-on to be the scapegoat among certain fans next season unless he hits the ground running and immediately settles in.

I would hope he hits the ground running, may be tough for him if not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DEWELL said:

Regarding Turnbull we could sell him to Derby for 2M. And get him back on loan for a season . Im sure i read him in papers saying he would be happy wirh that scenario.

I might be greedy but I wouldn't cash in at 2m

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is anybody going to enlighten me why there is a question mark over Carroll? Or is it one of those secret squirrel deals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, superward said:

I might be greedy but I wouldn't cash in at 2m

2 million,would be a helluva lot of money for a club like us but I'm with you,i would be slightly disappointed with just 2 million.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, superward said:

I might be greedy but I wouldn't cash in at 2m

Ditto. £2M plus significant add ons, should be the bare minimum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, weeyin said:

So is anybody going to enlighten me why there is a question mark over Carroll? Or is it one of those secret squirrel deals?

The deals probably off, the keyboard coaches have spoken, and allegedly he is pish, 5 mins on twitter was all it took to judge him.:nod:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

The deals probably off, the keyboard coaches have spoken, and allegedly he is pish, 5 mins on twitter was all it took to judge him.:nod:

Bore off. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

I think the article is being taken slightly out of context.  Alan Burrows' comments apply equally to over half of the clubs in the Premiership, not just us.  In short, its an issue for Scottish football.  We always have been in the same market more or less for players as clubs like Kilmarnock, St Mirren, St Johnstone, and Dundee etc.  This is nothing new.  What is newer, although not new, is that mega rich foreign investors have been displacing British owners of the top English clubs and this has had a cascading effect right down the English league system.   Perhaps Alan Burrows is just being more open, than his counterparts about our transfer targets. Big money is now being poured into non league clubs down south. Don't forget too that many English clubs have catchment area populations far larger than ours.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I think the article is being taken slightly out of context.  Alan Burrows' comments apply equally to over half of the clubs in the Premiership, not just us.  In short, its an issue for Scottish football.  We always have been in the same market more or less for players as clubs like Kilmarnock, St Mirren, St Johnstone, and Dundee etc.  This is nothing new.  What is newer, although not new, is that mega rich foreign investors have been displacing British owners of the top English clubs and this has had a cascading effect right down the English league system.   Perhaps Alan Burrows is just being more open, than his counterparts about our transfer targets. Big money is now being poured into non league clubs down south. Don't forget too that many English clubs have catchment area populations far larger than ours.  

It is also worth noting how much of a basket case the EFL is.  More than half the Clubs are operating on unsustainable budgets based entirely on loans/debt (much like Rangers and Dundee).  Looking at the financial statistics, I would be surprised if we are not fast approaching the point of no return when it comes to the EFL in terms of a widespread collapse of the Clubs involved in it.  Had the latest Sky Sports deal not been forced through, much to chagrin of the biggest sides in the Championship like Villa and Leeds, the financial collapse of some clubs would have been greatly accelerated.  So many are teetering on the brink through obscene financial mismanagement and gambling on promotion that it will eventually bit them on the arse.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×