2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

18 hours ago, ropy said:

But what a 2 years we could have, then there is the development fee stuff, so it is all good

I think most fans would agree, but those running the club need to deal with the financial reality of it all, and the sad truth is we can't afford to dismiss millions of pounds. 

Let's just hope he's still here for another season. I wouldn't mind seeing us get this season out of him and then sell for around the £2 million mark with add-ons to a club down south in the summer if need be.

I guess we need to look at the positives to Turnbull leaving to a degree. Would a fee of say 2.5 million see the debt completely paid off and more money going into the playing budget ?

42 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Would a fee of say 2.5 million see the debt completely paid off and more money going into the playing budget ?

Without knowing the up to date figures its hard to be precise but I'd say that once transfer and compensation fees from Cedric Kipre, Ryan Bowman, Stuart McKinstry, Jake Hastie and perhaps Chris Cadden, are taken into account the debt will be pretty much paid off.  Any additional fees would go straight into the club's coffers. 

5 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Without knowing the up to date figures its hard to be precise but I'd say that once transfer and compensation fees from Cedric Kipre, Ryan Bowman, Stuart McKinstry, Jake Hastie and perhaps Chris Cadden, are taken into account the debt will be pretty much paid off.  Any additional fees would go straight into the club's coffers. 

As of the public accounts up to 31/05/2018 the club owed Les £995k and JB £210k

So with those players  mentioned above, and only a % of transfer fees going to that debt I think we will still be a wee bit off.

As a rough (very rough) guide, again from the accounts,  Moult and Heneghan netted us £1.04m, and we reduced the joint debt to Les and JB by about £530k (which included a £193k write off by Les due tothe double your money).  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, superward said:

As you say it's a rough guide, but some documentation I was reading had us owing Les £650k and Boyle  £350k via guarantees.  There's no way we can owe John Boyle that much surely?  I'd be surprised if we actually still owed Les as much as stated either.  They both seem enormous sums of money unless things really were that bad? 

I like that we've got a Pacific Shelf 1272 involved in the Club as a creditor as well...

28 minutes ago, Burn_Broomfield said:

As you say it's a rough guide, but some documentation I was reading had us owing Les £650k and Boyle  £350k via guarantees.  There's no way we can owe John Boyle that much surely?  I'd be surprised if we actually still owed Les as much as stated either.  They both seem enormous sums of money unless things really were that bad? 

I like that we've got a Pacific Shelf 1272 involved in the Club as a creditor as well...

I did some reading a while back when Les was actively involved and then again when we moved over to the current position of WS ownership but I've long forgotten that unfortunately. Those figures you mention ring a bell though from some of that earlier reading. I doubt we would report incorrect figures however reporting in accounts can  be confusing, weird and wonderful for many reasons that we all pay accountants for.I do seem to remember Les extended a further loan to the club so we owes the initial 650k + something else.

Either way I do think the debts to them will be paid sooner rather than later and a good big chunk by the players Kmcalpin mentions. Which is great. 

Anyway, I'd like a mercurial winger announced soon please.

Should have another signing or 2 going by Flow’s comments last week after the Hylton signing. Indicated a winger and striker. Hope we can keep Ariyibi and bring in another as 3rd choice winger to compete as well as a striker or 2 or one who can do both which may be Powell which would mean we’d still need another striker if he is signed.

In terms of simply numbers, we're still pretty short. Even if you consider that our squad was perhaps slightly bloated, we've lost quite a few players. 

GK Sorted. If we move a goalkeeper on, it's a different story. Don't know if Ferguson is rated by the coaching staff. 

DF Four first choice centre backs, but that includes an untested Maguire and a Hartley that has been so far out of the picture since January, many expected him to move on this summer. We have two untested left backs and as far as right backs go, we're probably ok. 

MID Losing McHugh and Rodriguez-Gorrin means we've lost both our recognised defensive midfielders. Is Sloth a direct replacement for one of them? Obviously Donnelly played there last game of the season, is this something we might look at for next season? Does Polworth fit  in here or on the wings? To me, we look short of numbers here.

FW Two strikers, one relatively untested and the other not entirely suited to the way we've been playing the last six months. One winger confirmed, possibly two if Polworth plays there. Cadden might be here, might not be. 

I reckon, even allowing for the possibility that Semple or others might have a breakthrough season, we need at least another four signings, possibly more...

59 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

In terms of simply numbers, we're still pretty short. Even if you consider that our squad was perhaps slightly bloated, we've lost quite a few players. 

GK Sorted. If we move a goalkeeper on, it's a different story. Don't know if Ferguson is rated by the coaching staff. 

DF Four first choice centre backs, but that includes an untested Maguire and a Hartley that has been so far out of the picture since January, many expected him to move on this summer. We have two untested left backs and as far as right backs go, we're probably ok. 

MID Losing McHugh and Rodriguez-Gorrin means we've lost both our recognised defensive midfielders. Is Sloth a direct replacement for one of them? Obviously Donnelly played there last game of the season, is this something we might look at for next season? Does Polworth fit  in here or on the wings? To me, we look short of numbers here.

FW Two strikers, one relatively untested and the other not entirely suited to the way we've been playing the last six months. One winger confirmed, possibly two if Polworth plays there. Cadden might be here, might not be. 

I reckon, even allowing for the possibility that Semple or others might have a breakthrough season, we need at least another four signings, possibly more...

Polworth is 100% a "number 10". Never a winger in a million years. Could be a ball playing deep midfielder, but isnt great defensively

7 hours ago, superward said:

So with those players  mentioned above, and only a % of transfer fees going to that debt I think we will still be a wee bit off.

As a rough (very rough) guide, again from the accounts,  Moult and Heneghan netted us £1.04m, and we reduced the joint debt to Les and JB by about £530k (which included a £193k write off by Les due tothe double your money).  

Your figures are accurate.  I think the "uncertainties" relate to transfer income etc after the financial year end.  From John Boyle's debt we can deduct a furthter £70K according to the accounts, so that would then be updated to Les £995 and JB £140K making a total of £1.135m.  Since then we've picked up, reportedly, £750K from Kipre's fee and about £60K from Bowman's departure    If we take 40% of that, this would reduce the outstanding debt to about £810K.  If we now deduct 40% of monies received for Jake Hastie, Stuart McKinstry, that would amount to say a further £280K reducing the debt to about £530K.  Deduct say a further £150K through the Double Your Money offer to 31 May this year and that brings down the total to about £380K.  Should Chris Cadden go for say £500K (an assumption I know) another £200K would be knocked off the debt leaving it at about £180K.  Thats my best estimate.  

To keep the thread on track, I assume that Sloth will be a replacement for the allrounder Gorrin, but thats an assumption on my part .     

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

We might also have Tanner back as the club are giving him a chance to prove his fitness, so we might have competition for midfield as I assume , Sloth, Turnbull and Polworth  will be 1st choice starters

Allan Campbell warming the bench?

16 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

Allan Campbell warming the bench?

It's a possibility, Tanner, Campbell, who knows, but I can't see the club offering Tanner a short term deal to prove his fitness and then not playing him. So it a squad rotation problem for SR to manage, happens in all the top teams :D

• Like 1

No chance Campbell is getting dropped. He’s the only midfielder we have currently with proper defensive ability. Turnbull, Tanner, Polworth and Sloth all seem much more attacking and Donnelly really hasn’t played much in midfield yet. So as it stands, it genuinely looks like Campbell is crucial to a balanced midfield.

• David locked this topic