2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

It’s certainly been an interesting start to the season. The new signings were initially heaped with praise, which then turned in its head to the majority of them described as terrible, then back to optimism again. Donnelly looked to be this seasons fall guy “ is he even a footballer” stands out. Robinson has again gone from having question marks against him to the fear we may lose home to a bigger club. Looking at it as it stands at this point we’ve actually had a good summer, Gallagher is a top player, Polworth just gets better and better, we’ve actually signed a more than decent left back In Carroll , Cole, Seedorf, and Hylton are all finding their feet and improving. Donnelly is quickly turning into one of the better midfielders in the division and my god he’s a goal scorer. If we could hold on to a fit again Turnbull we could finish top four in my opinion, still seen nothing to be frightened of outside the top two. I just wish one or two posters were more patient. Robinson has had to more or less build a new team and it takes time for some players to adjust. There will always be ups and downs with a team like Motherwell with such  a restricted budget.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Any updates on the Jake Hastie compensation saga or of David Turnbull's offer of an extended deal?

I reckon Burrows may have to get on to one of those debt collection agencies and have them start sending letters and making phone calls to Ibrox demanding that they set up a repayment scheme at a tenner a month.

• 3 weeks later...

Watching sportscene, matty Kennedy out of contract in the summer, someone we would enquire about?

On a more controversial note, couldn't do any harm asking about Leigh griffiths on loan in january, so far out the picture at celtic. You reckon hibs would be his obvipus destination though.

On 10/11/2019 at 3:32 PM, David said:

I reckon Burrows may have to get on to one of those debt collection agencies and have them start sending letters and making phone calls to Ibrox demanding that they set up a repayment scheme at a tenner a month.

HMRC struggled to get cash out of them, we have no chance,

3 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

HMRC struggled to get cash out of them, we have no chance,

As the club mentioned at the time, it took us over 6 months to negotiate the deal for McKinstry, and both of the clubs were very keen to work things out amicably. It's just a slow process once the lawyers get involved.

I presume that rather than go with a one-time feem  we have tried to negotiate some sell-ons for Hastie (at the expense of lowering the initial payment owed), but Rangers are either dragging their heels or not playing ball. Regardless of the reason, the authorities have more power than HMRC to make them pay up either our agreed fee or one they calculate, as they simply cancel his registration until the cash is coughed up.

On 10/28/2019 at 2:19 AM, weeyin said:

As the club mentioned at the time, it took us over 6 months to negotiate the deal for McKinstry, and both of the clubs were very keen to work things out amicably. It's just a slow process once the lawyers get involved.

I presume that rather than go with a one-time feem  we have tried to negotiate some sell-ons for Hastie (at the expense of lowering the initial payment owed), but Rangers are either dragging their heels or not playing ball. Regardless of the reason, the authorities have more power than HMRC to make them pay up either our agreed fee or one they calculate, as they simply cancel his registration until the cash is coughed up.

hehe the "Authorities"? In Scottish Football, we all know Rangers & Celtic ARE the Authorities

• 4 weeks later...

coming into December, Pre contracts can be signed....you reckon we would have a look at Matty Kennedy at St Johnstone. Last season he would probably have been outwith our reach but he seems to not have kicked on so much this season. definitely a player there though, and if St johnstone are still scrapping about the bottom then i doubt they will be able to break the bank in terms of wages to offer him a new deal if they do end up going down.

Unless we lose players to decent offers or long term injury, you have to think that any squad movement will be along the lines of financial housekeeping. I can see the sense in Sloth looking elsewhere for game time, permanently or on loan. Carson is also too good a keeper to be warming our bench and deserves a move for first team action. 

I think we will only strengthen if we lose players. 

Sloth will be out the door I think. 

Coles loan is due to expire in Jan so if we don’t extend it we will need another striker option.  On yesterday’s performance I would 100% try and hold onto him. 

Carson as mentioned above is too good for second fiddle. However can’t see anyone spanking cash on him. Could be wrong tho and club might accept a minimal amount. Would we recall Ferguson then from his loan? Probably . 

• David locked this topic