2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

29 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Oxford reporting that they've "agreed" a compensation fee with us for Chris Cadden but there seems to be other clubs interested in him and he's said nothing so far.  

Hope "agreed" fee is nothin less than compensation amount and has big sell on.

Lafferty  might be an eejit but he's a really good target man with a real eye for goals. If we're lucky enough to sign him I'd be delighted.  Since when did player's personality come into who we sign. Jeeso.

22 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

Lafferty  might be an eejit but he's a really good target man with a real eye for goals. If we're lucky enough to sign him I'd be delighted.  Since when did player's personality come into who we sign. Jeeso.

His best league effort is 12 goals in one season.  Most seasons he has been a mid to low single digits striker. 

What we need is a 15 - 20 goal striker.  We got away with it when Turnbull was knocking in the goals, but that won't be happening next season.

Pretty much since Stephen Robinson took over and said it wasn't just ability they looked at when signing players they also took into account the players character and personality.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

Pretty much since Stephen Robinson took over and said it wasn't just ability they looked at when signing players they also took into account the players character and personality.

Until we signed Ross McCormack...

I’d love Lafferty at Fir Park, as would Robinson, his all round game is miles ahead of what we are used to. However, it’s not going to happen unfortunately. 

Until we signed Ross McCormack...
I’d love Lafferty at Fir Park, as would Robinson, his all round game is miles ahead of what we are used to. However, it’s not going to happen unfortunately. 
Ha ha. I didn't say whether he got it right or wrong just that he made a bit of a thing about it in his first close season.

46 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

Ha ha. I didn't say whether he got it right or wrong just that he made a bit of a thing about it in his first close season.

Character will still be high on his agenda - I said in Jan that McCormack didn’t strike me as a typical Robinson signing. 

On Lafferty, he obviously blows hot and cold but he’ll probably screw the nut this season with Euro 2020 in mind. I’m sure I’ve heard Robinson praising Lafferty before, did we not try and sign him before he went to Hearts? 

With Turnbull finally away and our first friendly in 4 days ahead of the first Betfred game in 10, it's safe to say that we need players and we need them quite urgently. 

At the moment, the team is looking like: 

---------------------------Gillespie

Tait---------Gallagher--------Dunne-----------Carroll 

RW-------------Campbell-----Sloth--------LW

---------------------------AM-----------

-----------------------ST 

Subs: 

Carson 

Hartley 

Grimshaw 

Maguire 

Donnelly

Hylton 

Polworth

Long 

Scott 

Johnson 

I'm assuming/hoping that we are still looking for ways to offload Johnson.  Sloth isn't the combative type of Gorrin so that'll need to be considered as an addition in the middle of the park, too. We need quality, desperately. 

Personally I think we still need another four players. We’ve lost the whole spine of the team, Aldred,  Gorrin , Turnbull, Main, on top of starters like Cadden, Hastie. Goals next season really worry me with Scott still not ready in my view, Johnstone not really up to the standard needed and huge question marks over Tanner.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kmac said:

With Turnbull finally away and our first friendly in 4 days ahead of the first Betfred game in 10, it's safe to say that we need players and we need them quite urgently. 

At the moment, the team is looking like: 

---------------------------Gillespie

Tait---------Gallagher--------Dunne-----------Carroll 

RW-------------Campbell-----Sloth--------LW

---------------------------AM-----------

-----------------------ST 

Subs: 

Carson 

Hartley 

Grimshaw 

Maguire 

Donnelly

Hylton 

Polworth

Long 

Scott 

Johnson 

I'm assuming/hoping that we are still looking for ways to offload Johnson.  Sloth isn't the combative type of Gorrin so that'll need to be considered as an addition in the middle of the park, too. We need quality, desperately. 

Hylton could well be a starter

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dinnae-punt-it said:

The strikers we sign, coupled with Scott will be important and so will the wingers (some we are still to sign) will be vital to plugging the hole left by DT’s goals.

Very true. Aryibi (if returning) isn’t a natural goal scorer either...

• David locked this topic