Kmcalpin

2019-20 Rebuild

16 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Guessing game is about to start as trialist number 1 has been identified.

Identified how? 

7 hours ago, supermarv said:

He is out of contract so no fee involved he is already away from Ayr aswell.

I’ve made up that he has a minor injury and a drug habit, pass it on.

• Like 2

Understandable that there is interest from other clubs. Robinson has done a decent job at Fir Park. You just have to wonder how he sees his career developing and whether a League One side is the next stop for him.

7 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

From today's BBC gossip...

Robbo seems quite happy where he is and appears to have a good relationship with Burrows so I would be hoping he stays for at least another season or two. 

No need to panic over last night's bounce game against Crusaders but it did highlight where we need to strengthen, if we didn't already know.  We have no cutting edge in the final edge and that requires attention.   I'd hope that we can begin to rectify that sooner rather than later as the League Cup will be starting in just over a fortnight's time. 

58 minutes ago, The African said:

Understandable that there is interest from other clubs. Robinson has done a decent job at Fir Park. You just have to wonder how he sees his career developing and whether a League One side is the next stop for him.

Scottish league one side ?

Regardless of one or two on here he has done a good job on limited resources and that’s not going to go unnoticed down south. Donny would be a step up with bigger crowds, nice modern stadium, and a good budget. They should be challenging for the championship again in truth.

1 hour ago, Yorkyred said:

Regardless of one or two on here he has done a good job on limited resources and that’s not going to go unnoticed down south. Donny would be a step up with bigger crowds, nice modern stadium, and a good budget. They should be challenging for the championship again in truth.

I was under the impression that the average Doncaster player was on a grand and a half a week? 

Any news from yesterday's meeting regarding incomings?

We were supposed to be signing someone last Friday from what I heard so wondering if that's fell through. Would be good to get some boys in soon as the first team still seems to be very light.

Looks like Cadden is heading to the MSL anyone know if we still get a development fee for him ?

41 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Looks like Cadden is heading to the MSL anyone know if we still get a development fee for him ?

Where ? 

1 hour ago, Yodo said:

Domestically, there have been a lot of shenanigans about development fees - basically, nobody pays them in the US. I'm not sure they'd get away with that for an international move, though, as FIFA will have control over that.

Hope your right or that would put the tin lid on what already has been a bad week for the club 

39 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Steer clear. Even the “good” Benteke is shite. 

Bet he could do a job for us tho

3 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

Steer clear. Even the “good” Benteke is shite. 

I see we are still maintaining the tradition of declaring a player as shit before he has kicked a ball for us, :doh:

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

I see we are still maintaining the tradition of declaring a player as shit before he has kicked a ball for us, :doh:

I’m not sure if you are joking or if you didn’t realize I was joking so I think we should ban all joking. (That was a joke, unless of course they are banned) 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

I’m not sure if you are joking or if you didn’t realize I was joking so I think we should ban all joking. (That was a joke, unless of course they are banned) 

Far too complicated to work that one out but yes it wasn't meant to be serious. :D

How much compensation could we get for Robinson? 

With Lasley likely to step up it could boost our playing budget without much friction

6 minutes ago, steelboy said:

How much compensation could we get for Robinson? 

With Lasley likely to step up it could boost our playing budget without much friction

Lasley and Craigan as management team would do for me.