Jump to content

Kmcalpin

2019-20 Rebuild

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Aye Braintree bumped that boy down to Carshalton FC.

The photo from outside Raydale doesn't look like him though.

A huge 'Isthmian League Premier Division' club :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What we now need is some wide players.  There doesn't appear to be any breaking through from the Academy.  Last season we had Ariyibi, Hastie, Frear and Cadden.  Now all we have is Hylton.  Presumably we're waiting to try and secure Ariyibi on another loan deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d be willing to wait it out for Ariyibi if possible, we still have time to sign a winger. Lad on trial I presume is another attacking player and possibly a winger so that is another in the door. Of course we have Hylton as well who seems to have started pretty well into his new life. Long and Cole are also very capable of playing wide but striker is their main position. Tanner is fit may come back into the fold and play wide and also polworth is an attacking player who  can play wide. So maybe 1 or 2 and we are pretty much sorted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Lukemfc1 said:

Could things get anymore tinpot than Braintree Town

The team we played on Tuesday?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see St Mirren are looking at Stevie May. I reckon we would be a great club for him to rejuvenate himself with. Always liked him and while it's not worked out at Aberdeen, he was essentially doing the Curtis Main role for them last season. If Robinson wants a similar setup and could somehow get May to find his confidence and shooting boots, he could be a great addition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kris-A-Goalda said:

I see St Mirren are looking at Stevie May. I reckon we would be a great club for him to rejuvenate himself with. Always liked him and while it's not worked out at Aberdeen, he was essentially doing the Curtis Main role for them last season. If Robinson wants a similar setup and could somehow get May to find his confidence and shooting boots, he could be a great addition. 

Stevie May? Nope.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stevie May is a really weird one tbh, he looked a great prospect at St Johnstone but has steadily went downhill. Anytime I seen him with Aberdeen last season he offered absolutely hee-haw.

I'd imagine he would be on a decent wage at Aberdeen as well.

Honestly it's a big fat naw from me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

what's the script with Ryan Hardie, see he's linked with blackpool, permanent, loan, anyone know?

Seemed to do pretty well at livi over the last 2 seasons but had a few injuries last season that stalled him a bit. Can’t see use looking at anymore strikers at the moment until we know how good they all actually are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kris-A-Goalda said:

I see St Mirren are looking at Stevie May. I reckon we would be a great club for him to rejuvenate himself with. Always liked him and while it's not worked out at Aberdeen, he was essentially doing the Curtis Main role for them last season. If Robinson wants a similar setup and could somehow get May to find his confidence and shooting boots, he could be a great addition. 

Stevie May,  that would be a no thanks from me, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

what's the script with Ryan Hardie, see he's linked with blackpool, permanent, loan, anyone know?

Gerrard looking to offload him and it the move to Blackpool being reported as likely. He’s a striker I really like the look of although it has been suggested he doesn’t apply himself as well as he should. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Yassin said:

We've got four first team strikers in the squad.

Despite this, you could still reasonably assume we might be interested in loaning out Scott and maybe trying to move Johnson on. The two we’ve recruited so far in Long and Cole have also had their versatility talked up very much in the regard that they can both play wide. Taking all this into account, I wouldn’t be surprised to see us bring in a target man type, or classic #9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Gerrard looking to offload him and it the move to Blackpool being reported as likely. He’s a striker I really like the look of although it has been suggested he doesn’t apply himself as well as he should. 

 

1 hour ago, supermarv said:

Seemed to do pretty well at livi over the last 2 seasons but had a few injuries last season that stalled him a bit. Can’t see use looking at anymore strikers at the moment until we know how good they all actually are.

Aye I have always been a fan of his, knew blackpool were interested but didn't know if it was a loan, rangers trying to punt etc, seems to do fairly well where he has popped up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CSmith said:

Despite this, you could still reasonably assume we might be interested in loaning out Scott and maybe trying to move Johnson on. The two we’ve recruited so far in Long and Cole have also had their versatility talked up very much in the regard that they can both play wide. Taking all this into account, I wouldn’t be surprised to see us bring in a target man type, or classic #9.

I wouldn’t be against us bringing in another one but IMO one would have to go out on loan or leave. However first I’d like to get see them in action first and see what they can offer as we already have enough in that area. I would say we are maybe a winger short (trialist) I assume we will get to see more of him tomorrow against Darlington, then we can hope to bring in Ariyibi maybe further on in the window. I would say we may lack number defensively and possibly a right sided defender on loan? Or maybe another midfielder? I’d say one more signing before the betfred cup starts and then we can judge the players in real competitive games and assess where needs improved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping we're a winger short because we are still working on an Ariyibi deal, but that could well be wishful thinking on my part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems we have Johnson and Scott who are designated as strikers only, and cole and long who have been described as strikers/wingers. Then hylton who is purely a winger.

Johnson didn’t fit into the front 3 setup last year, so I’m wondering what changed there. 

I think we need another striker who can play up top alone and one more winger. This gives us competition and something from the bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we go the lone striker path again, we'll either need to find a midfielder who can replace Turnbull's 15 goals or find a striker that can score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, weeyin said:

If we go the lone striker path again, we'll either need to find a midfielder who can replace Turnbull's 15 goals or find a striker that can score.

I think we should replace Turnbull with Turnbull another half season and another 15+ Goals 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, weeyin said:

If we go the lone striker path again, we'll either need to find a midfielder who can replace Turnbull's 15 goals or find a striker that can score.

This and also find another 2/3 wingers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

This and also find another 2/3 wingers. 

I think we will be ok for strikers, Cole , long and a decent run in the team for Johnson , maybe Hilton , so going with 2 up top is an option but only if we have  wide players either side with a bit of pace. 

Would be delighted if we could get Ariybi back and somebody on the opposite side to partner him, so for me 2 wide players  with a bit of pace and attacking threat are a must ( ok not asking for much but I live in hope )

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×