2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

I think if we play with players like Cole, Long and Hylton as a more front free, obviously I’ve named 3 but including Johnson I wouldn’t be against a interchanging front 3 in a game, mix it up a little and you will always have a good option off the bench. Johnson can score goals if given the ball but just has to use the ball a bit smarter.

8 hours ago, superward said:

Johnson utilised the right way will score goals. He has goals against Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen last season 

From memory he terrorised Rangers in the 3-3 game, he was just unfortunate that the system change last season left him in the cold. I think we’ll see more of him this season and think he’ll score goals too. 

11 hours ago, superward said:

Johnson utilised the right way will score goals. He has goals against Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen last season 

If we play the ball on the ground and get crosses into the box I think you are right. Guy is a penalty box player. Get him and the ball in the box at the same time he will get goals. Pointless trying to get him to play the Curtis Main role. He doesnt have the physical attributes. Even Moult struggled to play the lone striker role and he had more of a physical presence than Johnson.

Today should likely give us a glimpse at our strongest lineup. 

My feeling is that it’ll look like:

——————-Carson

Tait———Gallagher——Dunne——Carroll

————-Sloth———Campbell

X—————Long———-Hylton

——————-Cole

Subs:

Gilespie

Hartley

Maguire

Donnelly

polworth 

Grimshaw

scott 

Johsnon 

As everyone knows, were desperately short in wingers and my feeling is that we’re too lightweight in midfield (I don’t rate Donnelly tbh).

Id also still like to see us offload Johnson. He’s a goal scorer for sure, but I’m just not convinced...

33 minutes ago, Kmac said:

Today should likely give us a glimpse at our strongest lineup. 

My feeling is that it’ll look like:

——————-Carson

Tait———Gallagher——Dunne——Carroll

————-Sloth———Campbell

X—————Long———-Hylton

——————-Cole

Subs:

Gilespie

Hartley

Maguire

Donnelly

polworth 

Grimshaw

scott 

Johsnon 

As everyone knows, were desperately short in wingers and my feeling is that we’re too lightweight in midfield (I don’t rate Donnelly tbh).

Id also still like to see us offload Johnson. He’s a goal scorer for sure, but I’m just not convinced...

Seems like a fair line up to go with and I can’t really disagree except that I think the lad Polworth deserves more of a chance and I actually like Donnelly. I assume the trialist will play again today so it should give us a good indication against slightly higher opposition compared to Gretna of what sort of player he is. I’d sign him for the acrobatic goal alone but here’s hoping he plays well today and we sign him up.

Johnstone knows where the goal is and can take a chance when it comes his way . i thought he looked good early on last season. But didnt seem to fit into the way we played. Could have scored most of the chances Main was missing im sure. Id keep him.

24 minutes ago, supermarv said:

U still going on mate? Do us a favour and give yourself a break, how about you ask him who the trialists are and ask if he was here then. 

Looks like the only thing leaking now is your panties

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Looks like the only thing leaking now is your panties

So I pissed myself because someone has pish patter. Pissing myself at how childish and immature some folk can be on here, honestly is laughable. I’m all for a laugh and a joke and fair enough I got something wrong but it’s no longer funny after a while.

12 minutes ago, supermarv said:

So I pissed myself because someone has pish patter. Pissing myself at how childish and immature some folk can be on here, honestly is laughable. I’m all for a laugh and a joke and fair enough I got something wrong but it’s no longer funny after a while.

..and the more you get annoyed the more folk will bring it up.
Let it be.

1 hour ago, supermarv said:

A pair of rubber nappy pants should stop all that pissin . An the seasons no even started yet.

9 hours ago, supermarv said:

Seems like a fair line up to go with and I can’t really disagree except that I think the lad Polworth deserves more of a chance and I actually like Donnelly. I assume the trialist will play again today so it should give us a good indication against slightly higher opposition compared to Gretna of what sort of player he is. I’d sign him for the acrobatic goal alone but here’s hoping he plays well today and we sign him up.

Donnelly needs to be given a chance. Rather like Gorrin it appears one or two have already written him off which is plain crazy. I really don’t get this thing on here of picking an individual each season who is going to be the fall guy regardless.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Donnelly needs to be given a chance. Rather like Gorrin it appears one or two have already written him off which is plain crazy. I really don’t get this thing on here of picking an individual each season who is going to be the fall guy regardless.

I will live to regret this but I think Donnelly will actually turn out to be a very decent player for us.

There is something about him and I think as a defensive midfielder he will do us a turn. 

Watch him go down south for £2m at Xmas :-)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

I will live to regret this but I think Donnelly will actually turn out to be a very decent player for us.

There is something about him and I think as a defensive midfielder he will do us a turn. 

Watch him go down south for £2m at Xmas :-)

Clever post, you're covered if he turns good and covered if he turns bad with your tongue in cheek £2m.

Think some are overlooking Grimshaw, started to get a run in the team at the tail end of the season and started to perform, just like before he left us on loan the first time.  For me the only shoe-ins in that team are the keeper where we are spoiled, Tait and Campbell

Just to be clear, Stephen Robinson has quashed rumours of an Elliot Frear return, if indeed there was ever any substance to it.  Probably a case of 2+2=5.

He adds that we hope to secure the signature of 2 wide players this week.  

33 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Just to be clear, Stephen Robinson has quashed rumours of an Elliot Frear return, if indeed there was ever any substance to it.  Probably a case of 2+2=5.

He would’ve been saying something a whole lot different if quoted earlier in the week...

43 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Where did you see this information? 

• David locked this topic