2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

I’m going to guess we’re hoping for one of the two keepers to bite on the contract offer.

As for the outfield players he mentioned, the out of contract players in 2020 (who aren’t new signings) are - Tait, Hartley, Dunne, Donnelly, livingstone, grimshaw and Maguire.

I’ll take a guess at Tait, Dunne and Donnelly.

I don’t think any of our new guys are in the Kipre scenario of an immediate extension.

It’s great so see us act early, which is probably related to the money we got in for the young players we lost.

58 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

Seen someone say they 'heard from a good source' that Turnbull will sign a new deal this week?

has this got arms and legs, fucking hope so !!

Very difficult to see that happening, surely it’s a case of getting fit then a probable move to Celtic which has all but been agreed.

Depends how the Celtic deal was left. If its totally up in the air maybe DT would appreciate the security we are offering, knowing we wont stand in his way if a big club comes back in for him. Cant see Celtic giving any assurances before they know the result of any op.

Possibly no -one 

A 3-0 home win v Hibs suggests we have a reasonably strong squad. 

With Hartley settling back in do we need another centre back. It looks as if we were talking to Celtic about Hendry but he looks to be off to Killie as part of a deal for Taylor. 

We also have Turnbull and possibly Tanner to come in and who knows we may even see Sloth at some point. 

Up front maybe but again I thought Cole looked fairly decent in his short stint on the park. Got a couple of shots off on target and looked quite assured. Long missed a few yesterday but on another day could have had a couple of goals. 

2 hours ago, dinnae-punt-it said:

So anyone got any insight as to who we might sign tomorrow?

Going by Robbo's recent comments and yesterday's performance I think we'll try to sign a No 9 striker and a central defender.  Despite scoring 3 yesterday we missed a barrowload of chances which, if that continues, could prove costly. We also don't have anyone who can play as a lone striker, should we want to play that way.  Robbo was quoted as saying that when Hartley wasn't available for the Hearts game we were short in central defence, and as nothing has changed since then, I assume he's still looking to sign someone for that role. Speculating a bit we do seem short on the wings, and as both Hylton and Seedorf are inexperienced at this level a decent winger might also be on the agenda.   

We usually play our cards close to our chest when signing players and I expect this window will be the same, so nothing would surprise me.       

The twitter rumors have livingstone going out on loan (fair enough) and us losing out to Killie for Hendry (double fair enough).

I’d be surprised if we didn’t bring in a striker tomorrow, and possibly a defender. However it seems we’ve had some deals fall through lately, so who knows what happens tomorrow. It’s Labor Day here so I can sit all day refreshing twitter in the comfort of my own home, rather than my desk.

Cole looks likes he could play the lone striker role if we get him fit enough for 90 mins. He offers more physicality, hold up and pressing than Long.

Having said that, if Long can get a bit sharper in front of goals he could be looking at a decent tally this season. 

Another option up top, however, wouldn't be a bad idea. 

56 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Mark O'Hara  ex Dundee seems it's between us and Killie .I think he would be a good addition to our squad 

We're long time admirers of O'Hara and tried to sign him when he left Dundee but neither us nor Killie could remotely match Peterborough's offer at that time.  I'll be surprised if he chooses us over Killie given that he knows the club and their offer will be somewhat higher than ours.  That said he might well get gametime with us whereas he'd probably be a bench warmer at Rugby Park. 

1 minute ago, supermarv said:

A striker from Preston Conor Simpson being linked the Hibs and Hearts wouldn’t be surprised to see us be in for him.

As long as its not Conor Sammon changing his name to get a club, then that's ok.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Signed for Accrington Stanley....................who are they ???????

I just came across the name. Seen striker and seen he’d played at L2 level so thought we’d probably be in for him. Motherwell never do it easy so I’ll guess we will sign 2 players at a minute to midnight.

• David locked this topic