2018/19 Game 33: Rangers (H) April 7th 12.30pm Kick Off

Yabba's Turd

8 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

Yeah, my post wasn't a commentary on the current situation regarding the 'youngster', or current trends, more an attempt at levity - failed miserably :D.

Agree with your sentiments though.

Aye, your post just seemed relevant to quote.

Always looked a bit mental over there when I was a kid. Can imagine all sorts went unreported.

Imagine the 80s with decent CCTV and social media?

You’d have opposition fans tweeting videos of you at the fence to your employer demanding you be sacked etc. 

I think the need for a witch hunt against folk that publicly muck up can be a bit much.

• Like 1

at end of day nobody should be throwing anything.   If lighter had hit Tavernier repercussions would have been miles worse and club would have got hammered.    I can't stand the OF but I am never tempted to lose my rag that much as to throw anything.   If one of our players had been hit by an object by an opposition fan we would all have been on here demanding life bans and opposition club hammered.   Harsh lesson learned for culprits and indefinite ban means they can come back at some point.      Anyway onto our next match........COYW

Speaking from experience, I was banned for five years for throwing an empty bovril cup over the wall (sitting in the front row) as was a friend. There was no malicious intent but we were made an example of given circumstances around the time. What we did pales in comparison to what has gone on recently at Fir Park and even worse at other grounds. 

We weren't 14 at the time and I can only imagine the regret the kid has. We were left with the option of 'supporting Motherwell as we see fit' basically as long as we don't have another brain fart, we'll be fine. The rest of that season I missed one game. 

I'm sure the kid won't have a problem getting back in (providing he has friends willing to get him a ticket) and he learns from his mistake.

I'm not condoning throwing stuff onto a pitch, players have the right to not fear for their safety at work but a degree of common sense has to come into it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

Supporters who are old enough will remember the dart in the head incident at Fir Park. I’m sure there were pictures in all the back pages of the tabloids of the guy being taken around the perimeter of the park by police and first aiders.  Or was it all just a dream? 

Not dreaming it did make the papers. 

4 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

Supporters who are old enough will remember the dart in the head incident at Fir Park. I’m sure there were pictures in all the back pages of the tabloids of the guy being taken around the perimeter of the park by police and first aiders.  Or was it all just a dream? 

I was at that one.  knowetop end right? 

As has already been stated, officially we can debate the length of the ban all we want but unofficially the guy will be in the ground for the Rangers game no bother if he wants to be.

Quite surprised that people think a ban for 3 or 4 more games is sufficient. Think around 5 years woulda been more in line.

5 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

I was at that one.  knowetop end right? 

I was there as well and at the time football violence went hand in hand with the game. I would love to see a scan of the back page of the Sunday Mail from the time. Can anyone remember the year when this incident happened?

8 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

I was there as well and at the time football violence went hand in hand with the game. I would love to see a scan of the back page of the Sunday Mail from the time. Can anyone remember the year when this incident happened?

Almost certain it was the first of 3 quarter-final games in 1975/76 season - the final game being played at neutral Ibrox, amid protests from us that because of a widespread bug we wouldn't be able to field a full team - made no difference still managed a victory. Then there was JPR Gordongate   :doh:

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

As has already been stated, officially we can debate the length of the ban all we want but unofficially the guy will be in the ground for the Rangers game no bother if he wants to be.

Quite surprised that people think a ban for 3 or 4 more games is sufficient. Think around 5 years woulda been more in line.

My reasoning for that is that hes a wee boy, whos had a moment of madness...hes 14 and would most likely learn his lesson from being banned for a handful of games, rather than being overly heavy-handed with our response

Rightly or wrongly, certain types of fan behaviour have now become a political issue and I get the feeling its now very much a tick box exercise by the clubs and understandably so.  Punishments now seem to be out of line with those for misdemeanours in the wider community. 

If you act like a dick, you have something you like taken away, and that's how you learn to not be a dick.

If you lob your drink at the screen during a screening at the cinema, you're not getting back into that cinema. How enforceable that would be is another issue, but they aren't going to be like "you can't come back until you've learned that you shouldn't have done that", as if that's something they might not have realised.

"Aw sorry I thought that was okay...I get it now, I won't do it again". Piss off ya wee tit. You've got issues that go beyond whether you can go to the football or not.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

My reasoning for that is that hes a wee boy, whos had a moment of madness...hes 14 and would most likely learn his lesson from being banned for a handful of games, rather than being overly heavy-handed with our response

A wee boy at 14? If he was 8 or 9 I could see what you're saying but at 14 he's going to know how extreme what he is doing is. Especially given all that's happened.

17 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

Shadwell Army! Fuckin Love You Gumbo!