2018/2019 Game 34:Hamilton (A) April 20th 3pm Kick off

Neilwell86

I may be in the minority, but I most definitely want to finish 7th. I'm sure I've said it before, but the difference between finishing 7th and 9th is somewhere in the region of £120,000 to £160,000 in prize money.

I know people say they don't care, just play the kids, I hope it was over and so on, but if we got to the summer and Robbo missed out on a few transfer targets due to us not offering enough in wages I'm sure we'd all care about that lost money then.

We're talking about an extra £2,000 to £3,000 a week or something, which isn't chump change to a club like us. 

• Like 5

Would love to see Accies relegated, they bring nothing to the premiership, shit crowd, team and Stadium so I  hope we go there, strongest team on the park and get right into them and give them a real doing, and with a bit of luck good results for Dundee and St Mirren as a bonus. :nod:

I’m another that would like to see us finish as high as possible, extra money and when trying to attract new players they want to see a club looking strong for the following season. However our players may already be thinking about next season while the Accies will be hugely up for this. Very easy to see an Accies  win in truth.

I can't understand this "we are safe from relegation, the season is over" view that some people have, so throw all the academy players in as results don't matter.

At the start of every season the main objective is to finish as high up the league as possible, with 5 to play that should still be the focus, by all means bring in 1 or 2 academy players but we should be fielding our strongest possible team selection for these 5 games.

As has been stated in previous posts the difference in prize money between 7th and 9th is significant for a club like ours, it,s maybe wages for 2 players for SR to bring in over the summer.

So I hope we go for it in these last 5 games and don't mess about with the team too much if at all, if the fringe academy players have shown no sign of being ready to step up over the last 33 games why should it be any different for the last 5.

• Like 2

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to 2018/2019 Game 34:Hamilton (A) April 20th 3pm Kick off

More pressure on Accies than our team today. It may work in our favour it may not. 

I would like to think we have a better team overall so if we play to a decent level we should not lose. 

7th is the target and not finishing the season on a low after a run of defeats. 

I also think it is player of the year dinner tonight. Sure the players would like to go there on the back of a decent performance and hopefully a win. 

Team news:

Scott and Frear in for Main (not in squad) and Hastie (bench).

Gllespie, Tait, Aldred ,Campbell, Frear, Ariyibi, Grimshaw, Dunne, R-Gorrin, Turnbull, Scott.

Subs:Ferguson, McHugh, Hartley, Cadden, Sammon, Hastie, Semple

14 minutes ago, Brazilian said:

Team news:

Scott and Frear in for Main (not in squad) and Hastie (bench).

Gllespie, Tait, Aldred ,Campbell, Frear, Ariyibi, Grimshaw, Dunne, R-Gorrin, Turnbull, Scott.

Subs:Ferguson, McHugh, Hartley, Cadden, Sammon, Hastie, Semple

No surprise Hasite is on the bench after Robinson's comments earlier in the week. 

Wonder if Semple will get any game time today.

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

I can't understand this "we are safe from relegation, the season is over" view that some people have, so throw all the academy players in as results don't matter.

At the start of every season the main objective is to finish as high up the league as possible, with 5 to play that should still be the focus, by all means bring in 1 or 2 academy players but we should be fielding our strongest possible team selection for these 5 games.

As has been stated in previous posts the difference in prize money between 7th and 9th is significant for a club like ours, it,s maybe wages for 2 players for SR to bring in over the summer.

So I hope we go for it in these last 5 games and don't mess about with the team too much if at all, if the fringe academy players have shown no sign of being ready to step up over the last 33 games why should it be any different for the last 5.

I'm not saying throw all the academy players in but I think their is a scope for giving two or three of the front runners 4 or 5 games and others cameos.

You are right there is a cash difference there between 7th and 9th but if we could establish over the next 5 matches and perhaps even the league cup group matches that these young players are good enough, even as squad players that would save us considerable monies.

How much money have we spent on bring in players who made no impact? We must have spent a fortune on duds in the past few seasons.

AND we still have a chance of finishing 7th.

• Like 1