Jump to content

daver

2018/2019 Game 35:Dundee (H) April 27th 3pm Kick off

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Fairhill said:

This looks like an expensive day with Livingston and St. J now ahead.

All change in the last few minutes, only 1 pt behind  St Johnstone now, a good result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Fairhill said:

This looks like an expensive day with Livingston and St. J now ahead.

Not anymore :woop:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's not let the fact that we won the game take away from what was an utterly shambolic decision from the referee and his linesman to not give that penalty. Absolute fucking madness.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Let's not let the fact that we won the game take away from what was an utterly shambolic decision from the referee and his linesman to not give that penalty. Absolute fucking madness.

It makes it all the sweeter. Ref was a disgrace 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Let's not let the fact that we won the game take away from what was an utterly shambolic decision from the referee and his linesman to not give that penalty. Absolute fucking madness.

I actually thought the referee got the penalty decisions right today.  Ariyibi went to ground then reached out and touched the ball, was definite penalty for me, and stupid from Ariyibi.

On the other hand Turnbull was pretty cute but he's basically flicked the ball off the hand of the Dundee defender.  There was no intent or deliberate hand ball on the part of the Dundee defender.

Overall the game was highly entertaining and basically a bit mental.  It's hard to judge the game because it was so open and we've made one of the worst teams in the last 20 years look like they could score at every opportunity.   Then on the other hand we've responded several times and won it when we might have sat back and defended.

Let's all just agree that Turnbull is incredible.

Oh, and Gorrin is a far superior player to McHugh technically but I've criticised McHugh for rashness and his discipline so it's only fair I do the same with Gorrin.  The guy needs to screw the head.  He had about 4 dodgy tackles in the first 8 minutes and I predicted his red card long before it happened.  I'd like Gorrin to be here next season but he needs to cut out the rash studs up challenges.

So much happened today but it's worth pointing out the magnificent save Gillespie made at 3-3 (I think!)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy crazy game...first things first, how good is Davie Turnbull? Thank god it’s Hastie and not him heading to Ibrox....Refereeing in the 2nd half was unbelievable. 2 or 3 fouls after Gorrin’s 2nd yellow that were worse or at least equally as bad not shown yellows, as for relying on the linesman who was 40 odd yards away at the penalty decision......inept, incompetent call it what you like but Clancy is up there with the very worst....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a wee stat.

I make it that 18 of our last 23 goals have come from academy players.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I actually thought the referee got the penalty decisions right today.  Ariyibi went to ground then reached out and touched the ball, was definite penalty for me, and stupid from Ariyibi.

On the other hand Turnbull was pretty cute but he's basically flicked the ball off the hand of the Dundee defender.  There was no intent or deliberate hand ball on the part of the Dundee defender.

Overall the game was highly entertaining and basically a bit mental.  It's hard to judge the game because it was so open and we've made one of the worst teams in the last 20 years look like they could score at every opportunity.   Then on the other hand we've responded several times and won it when we might have sat back and defended.

Let's all just agree that Turnbull is incredible.

Oh, and Gorrin is a far superior player to McHugh technically but I've criticised McHugh for rashness and his discipline so it's only fair I do the same with Gorrin.  The guy needs to screw the head.  He had about 4 dodgy tackles in the first 8 minutes and I predicted his red card long before it happened.  I'd like Gorrin to be here next season but he needs to cut out the rash studs up challenges.

So much happened today but it's worth pointing out the magnificent save Gillespie made at 3-3 (I think!)

If you’re saying we shouldn’t have got a penalty then the referee didn’t get it right, he gave a penalty. He then took the word of his linesman that the ball was out before the penalty incident.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GrahamH said:

If you’re saying we shouldn’t have got a penalty then the referee didn’t get it right, he gave a penalty. He then took the word of his linesman that the ball was out before the penalty incident.

 

He might have needed the linesman to bail him out and the reason he's reversed his decision might even have been wrong but ultimately it wasn't a penalty and he didn't give it.

Clancy lost control of the match and made some inconsistent decisions but any furor over the penalty is redundant since it should never have been given in the first place.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

 

He might have needed the linesman to bail him out and the reason he's reversed his decision might even have been wrong but ultimately it wasn't a penalty and he didn't give it.

Clancy lost control of the match and made some inconsistent decisions but any furor over the penalty is redundant since it should never have been given in the first place.

 

I’m not  having Clancy getting credit for making the right decision by default though :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gorrin is out of contract most likely leaving aat the end of the season. Charges about like a bull in a china shop to get red carded with a 3 game suspension. Mmmm. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, claretband said:

Surely it was either a pen or a corner, how can he give a bye kick??

I think what has happened is that the linesman has flagged it for the ball being over the bye line.

Didn't look like it to me.

So two wrong decisions have added up to a correct one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely delighted for the young boys, David Turnbull is an exceptional talent, tough game today against a side fighting for their lives, 1st goal for James Scott hopefully many more to come, delighted for Ariyibi he deserved it.  Mon the WELL!!!!, thought Robinson handled the Hastie questions well, good luck to him, hope he progresses for Scottish football, but lack of first team football may hamper that, looking forward to next week and another win.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

Charges about like a bull in a china shop to get red carded with a 3 game suspension. Mmmm. 

You sound like a man that really enjoys 3 game suspensions.

Mmmmmm.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gorrin has always been that way since breaking in to the first team, nothing new today i’m afraid, it’s his biggest weakness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Gorrin has always been that way since breaking in to the first team, nothing new today i’m afraid, it’s his biggest weakness.

Every Spanish midfielder used to tackle like that before they invented that tiki-taka style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One game suspension unless his number of yellows add up to another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Semple was going to stand at the side and never get on, then he did, and set up the winner, what a debut.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dare I say McHugh again showing he would be worth keeping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I think what has happened is that the linesman has flagged it for the ball being over the bye line.

Didn't look like it to me.

So two wrong decisions have added up to a correct one.

The linesman didn't even raise his flag. Ref gave the penalty then was asked by the Dundee players to go over to the linesman who said the ball was out of play. They spoke with each other for a good 10/15 seconds so how long does it take to say "was the ball out" and "yes"

The linesman was 5 yards up the pitch and the Dundee players body was between him and the ball so not also has he peripheral vision but x ray vision as well. Linesman was getting pelters all day from the disabled section for not being up with play and that was just the icing on the cake. You could tell by the look on his face when we scored the 4th that he knew Turnbull had got him out of jail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yorkyred said:

Dare I say McHugh again showing he would be worth keeping.

I think the problem with McHugh playing from the start is that he isn't quick enough in possession. When he comes on for the last 20 minutes of games and the opposition isn't as quick as closing him down he fits in well and keeps the ball.

 

Would definitely keep him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GazzyB said:

I think the problem with McHugh playing from the start is that he isn't quick enough in possession. When he comes on for the last 20 minutes of games and the opposition isn't as quick as closing him down he fits in well and keeps the ball.

 

Would definitely keep him!

My thoughts also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×