Pre-season 2019/20

Toxteth O'Grady

2 hours ago, Well Well said:

Disappointed that there is no screaming already after last nights game,  sitting here with my popcorn waiting for the usual suspects to pour scorn all over the performance and result. No entertainment value anymore

The second half team got a creditable 0-0 draw, easily finish top 10 

• Haha 1

The game last night showed how thin the squad is. It's good that Cornelius, Devine and McAlear got game time, but are they ready to be part of the first team squad? Concern would be that the club were banking on some of the Turnbull money for signing on fees and it may hold up or derail plans.

At least 3 or 4 players short to my mind...

I imagine the list of targets was drawn up long before the Turnbull shenanigans. There may have been a few more prospects added, but there should still be plenty to go after. 

The fact were playing last night shouldn't mean we forget the window is open until 1st September. 

19 hours ago, weeyin said:

I imagine the list of targets was drawn up long before the Turnbull shenanigans. There may have been a few more prospects added, but there should still be plenty to go after. 

The fact were playing last night shouldn't mean we forget the window is open until 1st September. 

I read that Barcelona are waiting until 1st July until Antoine's Griezmann's release clause drops a few hundred million euro.  I'm sure it's simply a case of us doing the same....

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mfc said:

Like the other night,donnolly is defensive midfield,i just hope that's down to a shortage of numbers and not something were thinking about for the coming season.

You mean thinking about playing him in a position where he has excelled for Northern Ireland U21s? 

• Like 1