Pre-season 2019/20

Toxteth O'Grady

1 hour ago, Neilwell86 said:

in fact anyone think the social media side of things in general has been very different this summer,  not heard from Robinson at all, i quite like seeing all the interviews etc, keeps you ticking over the summer.

There have been some brief interviews on Twitter, including one from Robinson a few days ago.

11 hours ago, ropy said:

Old and new regimes still chopping up the clips of goals, you see the build up then suddenly the shot is from behind the goals, you dont see the move being finished off, I am easily annoyed

I Agree, I like to see the build up of the goal, i want to see how player X ended up one on one with the keeper before taking the ball around him. each to their own I suppose.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

I Agree, I like to see the build up of the goal, i want to see how player X ended up one on one with the keeper before taking the ball around him. each to their own I suppose.

Yes, show the goal as a fluid piece of action then chop it up for the replays and the arty folk

• Like 1

I think the reason for the arty stuff is that there isn't any official footage at these games. Just a phone and maybe a go-pro behind the goals.

I expect (and hope) once the season kicks off in earnest we'll get back to the better quality vids.

5 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I think the reason for the arty stuff is that there isn't any official footage at these games. Just a phone and maybe a go-pro behind the goals.

I expect (and hope) once the season kicks off in earnest we'll get back to the better quality vids.

Hoping they have the live stream deal again this season.  I though that after some initial teething problems it worked very well 

On 7/3/2019 at 4:30 PM, ropy said:

Old and new regimes still chopping up the clips of goals, you see the build up then suddenly the shot is from behind the goals, you dont see the move being finished off, I am easily annoyed

Decent highlights from Darlington's own cameras (and no clip chopping)

3 hours ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Useful to see Darlington’s footage. Don’t suppose they interviewed Robinson as well? I’m not enjoying our apparent shift in content this summer. 

Nah, just their own gaffer.

Although, to be fair, pre-season interviews are pretty meaningless affairs that can be condensed to "good run out, everyone needs minutes, still looking at targets"

One of the players (can't remember who) said after the Gretna game that most of the early training had, not unsurprisingly, been focused on running and fitness. The ball work wasn't going to start until later. So hopfeully that will have stepped up this week.

Having said that, I've been watching the Copa America the past couple of weeks and there were a similar percentage of poor shots from the best South America has to offer.