Pre-season 2019/20

Toxteth O'Grady

14 minutes ago, Ross said:

Or a 4-1-2-1-2 with maguire at defensive midfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think it trying to be a 4-2-3-1 from what I can see.

Back 4 definitely, Maguire and Campbell seem to be sitting. Sloth roaming about and Semple  and Long wide, Johnson middle.

Great to see Carson back. 

Very much a rusty first pre season game I'd say. Johnson had an excellent shot saved in the first half but not much else to report on...those worth a mention:

From the first half team - Gallagher looked decent, Semple very busy and got a lot of ball looking to create, Sloth looks like he could be very tidy once up to speed and took all the dead balls, Maguire decent in the defensive mid role

Carson

Grimshaw - Gallagher - Hartley - Livi

Campbell- Maguire

Long - Sloth - Semple

Johnson

From the second half team - Scott looked great on the ball up top but didnt do much to trouble the goal, Polworth did a lot of running, collecting and distributing and looked good I thought, Cornelius got a good bit of ball too and looked to try and create, Donnelly decent again in the middle like Maguire was.

Carson

Tait - Devine - Dunne - Carrol

Donnelly McAlear

Cornelius Hylton Polworth 

Scott

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i know people are having a laugh with negativity but by fuk its boring!!!

only saw last 30 mins  and positives were polworth always wanting the ball and scotts hold up play seemed better.  this season will be like near every other which is a struggle with the hope we can get a wee run of form at some stage hopefully in cups to excite us. keep the faith!!!