Toxteth O'Grady

Pre-season 2019/20

On 5/1/2019 at 2:55 PM, weeyin said:

Looking forward to the pre-season posts about how we look leggy and unfit in June and July and why all of the new signings are mince.

As I was saying...

Mind the pre season prior to two cup finals....... 

Not sure anyone is being negative seriously are they? I thought there was a good bit to take from that albeit also the expected early pre season fayre.

Disappointed that there is no screaming already after last nights game,  sitting here with my popcorn waiting for the usual suspects to pour scorn all over the performance and result. No entertainment value anymore

2 hours ago, Well Well said:

Disappointed that there is no screaming already after last nights game,  sitting here with my popcorn waiting for the usual suspects to pour scorn all over the performance and result. No entertainment value anymore

The second half team got a creditable 0-0 draw, easily finish top 10 

• Haha 1

The game last night showed how thin the squad is. It's good that Cornelius, Devine and McAlear got game time, but are they ready to be part of the first team squad? Concern would be that the club were banking on some of the Turnbull money for signing on fees and it may hold up or derail plans.

At least 3 or 4 players short to my mind...

I imagine the list of targets was drawn up long before the Turnbull shenanigans. There may have been a few more prospects added, but there should still be plenty to go after. 

The fact were playing last night shouldn't mean we forget the window is open until 1st September. 

Maybe now that the DT issue has been temporarily resolved everyone including the club, can now move on and focus on preparing for the new season.

21 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

Carson got 1st half and Gillespie 2nd half.

Pretty sure Carson played the full 90. I think he was the only player that did. 

1 hour ago, GraniteCityMFC said:

Pretty sure Carson played the full 90. I think he was the only player that did. 

I also thought it was Carson the whole game 

According to MFC twitter, Carson started the 2nd half, but no idea if there were any more subs made after that.

10 minutes ago, Dezz said:

Carson played the full 90 mins. 

That’s what it seemed to be watching it on Facebook on my phone

19 hours ago, weeyin said:

I imagine the list of targets was drawn up long before the Turnbull shenanigans. There may have been a few more prospects added, but there should still be plenty to go after. 

The fact were playing last night shouldn't mean we forget the window is open until 1st September. 

I read that Barcelona are waiting until 1st July until Antoine's Griezmann's release clause drops a few hundred million euro.  I'm sure it's simply a case of us doing the same....

• Like 1

Like the other night,donnolly is defensive midfield,i just hope that's down to a shortage of numbers and not something were thinking about for the coming season.

The game is live on the Linfield TV Facebook page. Just go to FB and search for LinfieldTV

Watching on Linfield Tv Facebook. Great composure by Long for his goal.

1-0 Motherwell

Mistake from defender, rounded keeper and scored

35 minutes ago, mfc said:

Like the other night,donnolly is defensive midfield,i just hope that's down to a shortage of numbers and not something were thinking about for the coming season.

You mean thinking about playing him in a position where he has excelled for Northern Ireland U21s? 

• Like 1