Motherwell v St. Mirren 4th May 2019

daver

Again, I don't see a thread for tomorrow's game so I'll start this one off. I won't make it along but we'll hopefully be out to entertain and I imagine Saints will be right up for it and surely more than Dundee were (despite the 3 goals).

Anyway, same team other than Carl in for Gorrin unless there's another ball playing youngster to try in there?

I like the relative closeness and ease of travel that games in Paisley offer so I would be quite happy for St Mirren to stay up.  That said for reasons unbeknown I seem to have been scarred by bad results against them more than most over the years so whenever we play them I yearn for us to give them an absolute bleaching (Friday night Barraclough style).

I'll settle a for a 95th minute deflected own goal winner off one of their defenders arses all the same of course...

We have very little, in the scheme of things, to play for and they should be fighting for their lives. Advantage St Mirren.

Having said that, with the right attitude and the freedom that our position affords us, there really should be no reason why we cannot win this.

Difficult game, they will be well up for it, will have a big away support, and are in decent form. I thought they were awful last time we played them at home and they still beat us, both teams are now much improved. I can actually see a St Mirren win simply because they will be desperate for the three points.

St Mirren will be up for it and so they should be. 

But we have won 6 of last 7 home league games. The only defeat being against Rangers.

I believe we have better players in most positions and therefore if the players are at it then we should avoid defeat. 

As for the nothing to play for crap. £62,000 and top of bottom 6 for 2nd year running is worth achieving.

Hopefully Turnbull turns it on again. 

2 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

St Mirren will be up for it and so they should be. 

But we have won 6 of last 7 home league games. The only defeat being against Rangers.

I believe we have better players in most positions and therefore if the players are at it then we should avoid defeat. 

As for the nothing to play for crap. £62,000 and top of bottom 6 for 2nd year running is worth achieving.

Hopefully Turnbull turns it on again. 

Absolutely, quite surprised to see Robinson more or less stating the game did not hold any great importance in the ore match interview.