Motherwell v St. Mirren 4th May 2019

daver

Dominating possession without creating too many chances. 

A wee bit lucky the ref didn't award St Mirren a pen for Dunne's challenge (even though it was accidental).

St Mirren look happy to sit in for a point at the moment.

McHugh must be disappointing all his haters.

4 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Dominating possession without creating too many chances. 

A wee bit lucky the ref didn't award St Mirren a pen for Dunne's challenge (even though it was accidental).

St Mirren look happy to sit in for a point at the moment.

McHugh must be disappointing all his haters.

Yes, Seen those given many times but nice to get a call going our way. Make up for last weeks PK against Ariyibi ?

13 minutes ago, couttsy said:

Not sure it was the reason Saints equalised but, why oh why did we not have Livingston at LB, Tait at RB, Cadden RM and Frear LM at the end, instead of all 4 playing out of position? 

Correct 

St. Mirren came for a point and got a point.

Very different game from last week with St. Mirren sitting in and closing everything down.  There wasn't many clear cut chances in the match but I thought there was actually some decent performances today even if it wasn't a pretty game. 

Agree the shape of the team got a bit messy towards the end with the substitutions but not defending balls into the box has been a problem all season.

12 minutes ago, Shotts Well Fan said:

Totally agree. Mind boggling subs. Frear? Just walk it into corner. 

I think the, four on two was it, about a minute before only magnifies the annoyance of conceding. 

Fucking passback! :doh:

51 minutes ago, couttsy said:

Not sure it was the reason Saints equalised but, why oh why did we not have Livingston at LB, Tait at RB, Cadden RM and Frear LM at the end, instead of all 4 playing out of position? 

That's what I thought was going to happen when Livingstone came on.

Was surprised as well to see Semple playing as a centre midfield as well, I thought he was a forward.

Pretty disappointing in truth. I honestly though with a big away support behind them St Mirren would go for it but far from it they just sat back and we dominated possession without really being that effective. I would be very dissapointed if I was a St Mirren fan. Pretty sloppy overall with no one really standing out, I though we really missed Gorrin, it’s only when he does not play that you see what a difference he makes, McHugh a very poor replacement in my view. I thought Dunn was back to his shaky self and was very lucky at times that the ref saw things in his favour, more than a couple of very rash tackles that could have ended up costing us. The ref was poor but I actually thought he gave a few things in our favour.  

I take exception to the above post only in that McHugh was for me the best player we had on the pitch. 

I had money in Turnbull for anytime goalscorer, 1st and last goalscorer so was quite happy when Frear fked up 

I should have known I would regret that. 

Disappointing to not be going to Perth next week above them in the table. 

We were all asking for youth to be given a chance and they were. As a result we lost momentum in last 15 minutes but to fair the St Mirren goal was a belter. And I almost don’t grudge them that with a decent support.