The 'Magnificent' David Turnbull Discussion Thread

sailor_h

On Motherwell's handling of the David Turnbull situation, what are your thoughts (assuming no minimum release clause)?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. On Motherwell's handling of the David Turnbull situation, what are your thoughts (assuming no minimum release clause)?

• Happy we have accepted the quoted fee of 3.25m + add ons.
    • Think we should have held out for more, but still sold this summer
    • Think we should have kept David for at least one more season
    • Happy we have accepted the quoted fee of 3.25m + add ons, but shouldn't have accepted a bid from a club in Scotland
    • Other thoughts. Please comment

Did Scott Brown seriously think that telling David he would be playing in front of 60,000 slavering, moronic knuckle draggers every week would actually encourage him to sign up.

• Haha 2

Tinfoil hat on. Wouldn't surprise to Celtic come back in 2 or 3 weeks if there's no other offer, offering far less than £3m hoping that we panic and also that Turnbull drops his demands due to lack of concrete interest elsewhere..

Obviously hoping this isn't true but would be a kick in the balls...

• Like 1

If deal with Sellik is finished it is a disaster as it might actually mean we are stuck with him for another 6 months!!!!!.  Yes I am joking,  listen if he continues to perform like he does they will queuing for his signature in January.   I love the fact that someone has the balls to say no to the old firm.....something Hastie never considered and look what could happen to him as 8 doubt he will get game time with gers...coyw

• Like 1

Yeah, Rangers "walked away" from Hastie then signed him a week later. Will believe it when I see it.

Just want all details of any deal announced! £3mil, some add on's and a sell on clause is a great deal. £3mil or less with NO sell on clause would be scandalous from our board

55 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Tinfoil hat on. Wouldn't surprise to Celtic come back in 2 or 3 weeks if there's no other offer, offering far less than £3m hoping that we panic and also that Turnbull drops his demands due to lack of concrete interest elsewhere..

Got it in one Greg.  Maybe an offer of £1.2m? Perhaps Celtic are annoyed that they're the only club offering £3m.  I wouldn't put it past them. 

They've done well recently from the Scottish market with McLean so there's some sense in that. They're also coming into serious money and would suit as being the type of club that could sell him on for a hefty fee if he does well. 

There's a long way to go in this saga though!

1 minute ago, Kmcalpin said:

Got it one Greg.  Maybe an offer of £1.2m?  Perhaps Celtic are annoyed that they're the only club offering £3m.  I wouldn't put it past them. 

I'd like to think we stick to our guns regarding the money we're looking for even if it means he stays with us until the next transfer window. I said it earlier in the thread, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does a Faddy and starts the season well and gets sold in August. 

50 minutes ago, daver said:

I'd like to think we stick to our guns regarding the money we're looking for even if it means he stays with us until the next transfer window. I said it earlier in the thread, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does a Faddy and starts the season well and gets sold in August. 

Don’t necessarily disagree with you but I realised today the English transfer window shuts early this year for some reason, 5pm on Thursday 8th August. So he won’t have too many leagues games (if any?) before then. 6 goals and a couple of assists in the Betfred should do it though! 

9 minutes ago, Dezz said:

Don’t necessarily disagree with you but I realised today the English transfer window shuts early this year for some reason, 5pm on Thursday 8th August. So he won’t have too many leagues games (if any?) before then. 6 goals and a couple of assists in the Betfred should do it though! 

They did the same last season. The EPL clubs agreed that having the transfer window open after their season started was disruptive to the teams, so they moved it. FIFA requires the window is open for 12 weeks, so it means they start 2 weeks earlier.

The Football League teams use the same window as us, I think.

And to add to the confusion, EPL teams can still sell until Sept 1st - they just can't buy after 8th August.

13 minutes ago, Dezz said:

It’s an attempt to level the playing field, so players don’t get bought/sold 2-3 games into season.

• David locked this topic