The 'Magnificent' David Turnbull Discussion Thread

sailor_h

On Motherwell's handling of the David Turnbull situation, what are your thoughts (assuming no minimum release clause)?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. On Motherwell's handling of the David Turnbull situation, what are your thoughts (assuming no minimum release clause)?

• Happy we have accepted the quoted fee of 3.25m + add ons.
    • Think we should have held out for more, but still sold this summer
    • Think we should have kept David for at least one more season
    • Happy we have accepted the quoted fee of 3.25m + add ons, but shouldn't have accepted a bid from a club in Scotland
    • Other thoughts. Please comment

I've always preferred Ipswich to Norwich if I'm honest, but this would be the ideal fit for young Turnbull on the surface of it.

A forward-thinking, exciting manager in Daniel Farke, a few Scottish lads in the squad already, and the chance to play in the Premiership for a club who aren't really expected to do much.

When you look at their current squad you have to believe that he could get some serious game time under his belt as well, if they decide to keep him and not loan him out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stv said:

Got us £3.2 million minimum AND tells Selik to fek off ya cheapskate barstewards. Then gets them to put out a magnificently embarassing statement and their team captain begs him to sign .   The answer is still no thanks .   Three statues at least and a named stand please.

Definetly,  the fact that all their followers cant believe that anyone would knock back the Selik makes the whole thing even funnier for me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, twistandshout1983 said:

Definetly,  the fact that all their followers cant believe that anyone would knock back the Selik makes the whole thing even funnier for me.

Let's be honest with all the shite and baggage that the ugly sisters have between them and their cringeworthy manipulation of a compliant Scottish media is it any surprise that young players wanting to develop their careers turn them down, McGinn last year and now Turnbull. 

But reading the mass seethe on the Celtic forums this deal has generated is priceless, it may be a treble / treble, buts that a double GIRUY now from McGinn and Turnbull, they are on a roll.

1 hour ago, twistandshout1983 said:

Incredibly, their delusion knows no bounds. I've read a few comments this morning on various outlets that the reason he'll end up going to Norwich or somewhere similar is because Celtic have taken their deal off the table.

Astounding.

1 hour ago, wellowell said:

Is it just me that thinks Motherwell should make a statement confirming Celtic have withdrawn previous offer and an offer now been accepted from Norwich as nothing coming out from Motherwell . 

It's just you I think. We shouldn't be mentioning Celtic in any statements regarding Turnbull now, they're out of the picture.

3 hours ago, David said:

Incredibly, their delusion knows no bounds. I've read a few comments this morning on various outlets that the reason he'll end up going to Norwich or somewhere similar is because Celtic have taken their deal off the table.

Astounding.

Astounding indeed, you would expect nothing less from them but. 

So laughable, both them and their friends across the city do think the world revolves round them.

Seeing the behaviour of Celtic over the past week it's like a tinder date gone wrong. They both get home after the date that went OK but nothing special.

1. Celtic texts Turnbull, "So how do you think it went? Do we see each other again?"
  2. Turnbull replies "Look I had a nice time but I'd prefer just to be friends"
  3. "Eh? ....... How come?, was it something I said or did?"
  4. Celtic's mum gets involved by texting"Hey, Celtic's lovely, just often misunderstood, I'm sure you'd be a great addition to the family"
  5. "Why is your mum getting involved? Jeez ..... Well if you do ask, you went on a bit too much about your ex from Govan and Ireland for my liking"
  6. "Arsehole, hope you meet a munter"
  7. "Well actually, its a wee hottie from the East of England that's far more attractive, all my friends say they seem lovely, thanks all the same"
  8. Celtic then rant via Facebook newsfeed "Went out on a date last night with an ungrateful bastard. Fuck you, you're not really my type anyway but I thought I'd give you a chance #toogoodforyou #bhoyswillbebhoys #hatetheplayernotthegame"
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, wellowell said:

Is it just me that thinks Motherwell should make a statement confirming Celtic have withdrawn previous offer and an offer now been accepted from Norwich as nothing coming out from Motherwell . 

No.  Motherwell have played a blinder.  They've played Celtic like a fiddle - meant or not.  

33 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Let’s keep the moral high ground, the board have played a blinder.

Actually all they done was say something along the lines of “ a fee has been agreed with Celtic for the POTENTIAL sale of David Turnbull”. After that they have said nothing ...... and by doing that as you mention they have played a blinder.  Sometimes it’s about what you don’t say. COYW and David Turnbull !!

• David locked this topic