The 'Magnificent' David Turnbull Discussion Thread

sailor_h

On Motherwell's handling of the David Turnbull situation, what are your thoughts (assuming no minimum release clause)?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. On Motherwell's handling of the David Turnbull situation, what are your thoughts (assuming no minimum release clause)?

• Happy we have accepted the quoted fee of 3.25m + add ons.
    • Think we should have held out for more, but still sold this summer
    • Think we should have kept David for at least one more season
    • Happy we have accepted the quoted fee of 3.25m + add ons, but shouldn't have accepted a bid from a club in Scotland
    • Other thoughts. Please comment

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

No one has back tracked or broken a commitment or done anything wrong but yet this has apparently pissed them off no end. Isn’t it lovely. 

Exactly. We just followed the standard process for the transfer of contracted players.

A buying club has to agree terms with us on a fee before they are allowed to speak to the player. If they speak to the player before that agreement then they are guilty of tapping up.

Once the transfer fee has been agreed it's then up to the buying club and player to agree on personal terms. If talks fail, then it's no deal.

The only thing that's unusual is that we have a player of sufficient quality to attract multiple suitors. The fact that we are in no rush to sell, and Turnbull is in no rush to leave, just gave us and Turnbull even stronger hands in any negotiation.

57 minutes ago, Richie said:

What if they loaned Turnbull to Celtic :lol:

There is no way Sellik fans would want him even on loan seeing as he had the bare faced cheek to turn them down.   If he went on loan up here I think we would be only team he would consider.    Let's all just wait till deal all confirmed...COYW

48 minutes ago, weeyin said:

If I was Norwich, I'd be playing him, not loaning him out.

Exactly. It may take him a bit of time to break through to starting eleven, but I think he's got the ability to do it. I also don't think that £3 million is quite as piddling an amount as some up here seem to think. Clubs like Norwich aren't really paying that for a guy who they won't use.

2 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

I wouldn’t go reading between the lines with the squad number announcement. Turnbull has a number because he hasn’t officially left yet. Cadden is out of contract, so wouldn’t have a number.

You and your facts.

• David locked this topic