The 'Magnificent' David Turnbull Discussion Thread

sailor_h

On Motherwell's handling of the David Turnbull situation, what are your thoughts (assuming no minimum release clause)?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. On Motherwell's handling of the David Turnbull situation, what are your thoughts (assuming no minimum release clause)?

• Happy we have accepted the quoted fee of 3.25m + add ons.
    • Think we should have held out for more, but still sold this summer
    • Think we should have kept David for at least one more season
    • Happy we have accepted the quoted fee of 3.25m + add ons, but shouldn't have accepted a bid from a club in Scotland
    • Other thoughts. Please comment

Given that this is a done deal, immediate focus now turns to the club. What will be done with the cash?. I like many others believe we are bereft of quality and probably need at least 4 players (winger, 2 strikers and central midfielder) which can significantly increase the standard of the group and that means reinvestment Of the cash. I’m now expecting Burrows to come out with a statement to the fans about such planning. We need to a route forward and to engage our own support and it needs to happen now. 

• Like 3

Celtic's attitude during the saga has been very direspectful at best.

Magnificent Offer

We move on

Kennedy - We never sign players who are just after the money - More or less callung Turnbull a greedy bastid.

AND Turnbull still apparently going to sign with them. The footballing world isn't half bizarre.

14 minutes ago, steelboy said:

What's the odds on Turnbull becoming a boyhood Celtic fan by the end of the day? 

He already is according to certain elements of the Scottish media. Mark Guidi was punting the "lifelong Celtic fan" line a few nights back on the radio.

Fuck wishing him good luck at Celtic. This is a club who have repeatedly cheated against us and criticised us several times over the last couple of seasons. Their fans will be gleefully sticking the knife in come August after he knocked back the EPL to join them and he'll be doing his best to ensure we get nothing from the game. Fuck Celtic and everyone connected with them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

If he’s gone i’d rather we just moved on in truth, no point in any self destructive mud slinging at those working within the club. Debt wiped off and and new beginning as a debt free club that can re-invest everything we take in, just need to make the right decisions on how that’s done.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TwistAndShout said:

Fuck wishing him good luck at Celtic. This is a club who have repeatedly cheated against us and criticised us several times over the last couple of seasons. Their fans will be gleefully sticking the knife in come August after he knocked back the EPL to join them and he'll be doing his best to ensure we get nothing from the game. Fuck Celtic and everyone connected with them.

Sure your in right forum? Every club tries to beat us and every clubs tried to cheat in past. Dont matter where he went. We move on.

10 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

Sure your in right forum? Every club tries to beat us and every clubs tried to cheat in past. Dont matter where he went. We move on.

How many of those clubs do we wish well? How many have players that we're hoping do well against us? 

We are Motherwell, nothing else is acceptable. 

Plenty of game time for him at Celtic as  Mcgregor off to Leicester and NtCham heading back to France. Giving Celtic a net profit of around £27m. Great business by them and they can also stash a bundle in the old biscuit tin. I actually think it’s a great move for Turnbull and wish him every success. He deserves it for what he has done for our wee Club. Still hurts though and Norwich would have been better.  But it’s his choice and he will have valid reasons.

On a different matter and from several comments on here, it’s hilarious to see Hastie already written off as never going to feature for Rangers. Well thought of by Gerrard so don’t take it for granted that he will automatically be loaned out. All depends on how he performs in pre season. Unlike Middleton, who was loaned out last week, I gather he is joining Rangers on their pre season trip to Germany. Once registered of course. Also depends on what happens with Kent.

Both players had life changing decisions to make and although they chose different routes, good luck to them both.  £3.5m or so brought in over a period of weeks from our Youth Academy. That’s the real story. Could never have dreamt of that 10 months ago. Next batch please!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

Sure your in right forum? Every club tries to beat us and every clubs tried to cheat in past. 

And I guarantee you fans of other clubs will swear blind that we've cheated them, slagged them off, and acted like arseholes to them too. And they won't all be wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TwistAndShout said:

How many of those clubs do we wish well? How many have players that we're hoping do well against us? 

We are Motherwell, nothing else is acceptable. 

I don't wish them well against us but dont dislike them because they made a choice.

Hope if he plays against us at FP he has a shit performance. 

11 minutes ago, numpty said:

And I guarantee you fans of other clubs will swear blind that we've cheated them, slagged them off, and acted like arseholes to them too. And they won't all be wrong.

True most clubs have some extreme elements. Even out of accies 50 odd fans theres probably 1 or 2 extremists. and most clubs have cheated including us.

5 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

If he signs for Sellik then I hope our fans don't give him abuse in first game of season.  We are not exactly renowned for giving former players a warm welcome. Some deserve it but others who were loyal servants got pelters.   Mind you most players that leave us get re-signed!!!!! Heh he

No way should he get pelters folk need to remember he didnt need to sign a 3 year contract he did so out of a love of the club and to safeguard us he could have done what Hastie did and we get fuck all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

No way should he get pelters folk need to remember he didnt need to sign a 3 year contract he did so out of a love of the club and to safeguard us he could have done what Hastie did and we get fuck all.

I know that ...you know that....but not everyone will share that opinion .  Davie signed a 2yr deal as he knew that would get us a good price. £3.25 million to us us huge as long as Robbo doesn't do a McLeish and spends it on dross

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

I know that ...you know that....but not everyone will share that opinion .  Davie signed a 2yr deal as he knew that would get us a good price. £3.25 million to us us huge as long as Robbo doesn't do a McLeish and spends it on dross

I suspect we wont be spending any of it on transfer fees .. transfer fees go toward better class of player who demand higher wages than we pay.

6 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

True David has total respect from me. Hope all our fans know he could have made a lot of money on signing on fee if he had done what Hastie did. Less love for Hastie though not sure what I would do if someone offered me a fortune. If im honest i would e very tempted to secure my future financially.

• David locked this topic