The 'Magnificent' David Turnbull Discussion Thread

sailor_h

On Motherwell's handling of the David Turnbull situation, what are your thoughts (assuming no minimum release clause)?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. On Motherwell's handling of the David Turnbull situation, what are your thoughts (assuming no minimum release clause)?

• Happy we have accepted the quoted fee of 3.25m + add ons.
    • Think we should have held out for more, but still sold this summer
    • Think we should have kept David for at least one more season
    • Happy we have accepted the quoted fee of 3.25m + add ons, but shouldn't have accepted a bid from a club in Scotland
    • Other thoughts. Please comment

29 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

I'm gonna take a stab and guess it's the reference to the 'tattiedome".

Yeah I know it is, but that’s not sectarian in the slightest 

That’s got nothing to do with religion , Irish immigrants yes, catholic’s no

protestants and catholic’s both lives in Ireland and came over here as a result of the famine

but anyway, nothing to do with football

mon the well

lets get a signing in today

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Q121 said:

Yeah I know it is, but that’s not sectarian in the slightest 

That’s got nothing to do with religion , Irish immigrants yes, catholic’s no

protestants and catholic’s both lives in Ireland and came over here as a result of the famine

but anyway, nothing to do with football

mon the well

lets get a signing in today

Agree totally - yes I was rather quoting the obvious. He's clearly a sensitive wee soul.

10 hours ago, robsterwood said:

Is this not racist sectarian bile? What's it take to get banned?

Shut yer puss.

In football it's common for fans to refer to other teams by names that aren't necessarily politically correct. It was this offended by every thing  nonsense that landed us with the ridiculous offensive behaviour bill which saw fans getting arrested and charged for next to nothing.

So if you are genuinely offended by that or any comment similar then I suggest you first of all wring out your knickers then start looking for a different sport to follow.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, robsterwood said:

Racist sectarian bile posts. Why's this not banned? As a Catholic Motherwell fan im offended by this. Can moderator take action? 

This is fucking great.

As a guy who was raised a Catholic and has Irish heritage I take umbrage against this "tattiedome" also. There is clearly no roof on the piggery so it cannot be considered a dome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, robsterwood said:

Racist sectarian bile posts. Why's this not banned? As a Catholic Motherwell fan im offended by this. Can moderator take action? 

Hehe easy sweetheart. There was nothing racist or sectarian about it. I assume You arent actually serious and are simply fishing, however if You are genuinely upset, grab a hanky, dry your eyes and stfu lol

15 hours ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Maybe because Scottish Football is utterly pointless, buggered if i know why im now in my 43rd season. If we are ever to win a cup again we basically need to build that Cup winning team in one close season because as soon as we discover a diamond we need to sell, not always the clubs fault clauses in contracts will dictate. The chances of us recruiting a cup winning team in one close season is virtually ni. We with many other clubs are literally playing to make up numbers , only die hards think thats a product worth paying for and watching.

Spot on mate.

The window for winning anything now is virtually one season, before the side is forced to dismantled and rebuild for the next one. In the 70s/80s/90s you at least got two or three seasons with virtually the same squad of players. Unless of course you were Dundee United where you would get 15 seasons for the team to gel. :ph34r:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, David said:

He's not even signed yet as far as I know. His medical hasn't cleared.

Just seen a photo of him at Glasgow airport with the Celtic doctor this morning. 

He'll probably get announced and paraded in Austria.  Motherwell obviously just waiting for Celtic to tell them what to do.

7 minutes ago, David said:

He's not even signed yet as far as I know. His medical hasn't cleared.

There must be an issue with his medical. This has been going on since thursday. When i read he was going to Manchester because the facilities aren't available in Scotland i thought cover story....something's wrong.

2 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

There must be an issue with his medical. This has been going on since thursday. When i read he was going to Manchester because the facilities aren't available in Scotland i thought cover story....something's wrong.

Yeah, I've heard a few whispers. Nothing concrete enough to go about repeating mind you, but there seems to be some murmurings from both sides of the deal that this isn't going to go through as smoothly as we maybe thought.

At this stage I'm just hoping we either get the player for another season or until January, or we get the fee that was mentioned.

EDIT: Unless what I've heard is bollocks of course, and he has been photographed at the airport with the doctor, and everything is fine. There's every chance of that being the case.

Well, let's hope so, and let's hope it's all went smoothly for both the boy and for us. 

What I'd heard wasn't all that great, and sounded like it could have been problematic. Obviously just heresay though if he's already en route to Celtic's training camp.

EDIT: Okay, I've seen the photo you're maybe on about....

D91L22rXsAAzOxI.jpg

4 minutes ago, David said:

Well, let's hope so, and let's hope it's all went smoothly for both the boy and for us. 

What I'd heard wasn't all that great, and sounded like it could have been problematic. Obviously just heresay though if he's already en route to Celtic's training camp.

What exactly are ge issues you have heard?

3 minutes ago, Q121 said:

What exactly are ge issues you have heard?

Something to do with issues with his knee, which has resulted in a second opinion being sought, and potentially a renegotiation of the deal with us. Nonsense hopefully, although that photo of him at the airport looks like a photoshop to me :lol:

I don't know what to believe any more. It's getting ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, David said:

Yeah, I'm not sure he'd be wearing a jacket like that on a day like this where it's relatively warm. He looks like he's having his medical in the Arctic Circle.

Grey polo shirts and green training tops appear to be the fashion of choice...
https://www.snsgroup.co.uk/24-06-19-celtic-depart-austria

10 minutes ago, David said:

Yeah, I'm not sure he'd be wearing a jacket like that on a day like this where it's relatively warm. He looks like he's having his medical in the Arctic Circle.

I don't know where you are but it was miserable here this morning. 

• David locked this topic