The 'Magnificent' David Turnbull Discussion Thread

sailor_h

On Motherwell's handling of the David Turnbull situation, what are your thoughts (assuming no minimum release clause)?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. On Motherwell's handling of the David Turnbull situation, what are your thoughts (assuming no minimum release clause)?

• Happy we have accepted the quoted fee of 3.25m + add ons.
    • Think we should have held out for more, but still sold this summer
    • Think we should have kept David for at least one more season
    • Happy we have accepted the quoted fee of 3.25m + add ons, but shouldn't have accepted a bid from a club in Scotland
    • Other thoughts. Please comment

Just now, steelboy said:

I don't know where you are but it was miserable here this morning. 

Glasgow City Centre. It was cloudy and a bit rainy, but it's warm. It's certainly not the weather for a coat like Davie's wearing there unless he's feeling the chill. 

1 minute ago, stuwell said:

Looks like a hoody to me  

Could very well be. I'm sure Lennon said on Thursday or Friday that the medical was going on as he spoke, but I guess I may have been drunk. 

One thing I do know is that this thing has been a drawn out affair unlike anything else I've seen in a while. Heard a few more people talking about issues with the medical, but I guess we'll see. I just want the thing done and dusted and us to have the transfer fee confirmed.

1 hour ago, David said:

Well, let's hope so, and let's hope it's all went smoothly for both the boy and for us. 

What I'd heard wasn't all that great, and sounded like it could have been problematic. Obviously just heresay though if he's already en route to Celtic's training camp.

EDIT: Okay, I've seen the photo you're maybe on about....

D91L22rXsAAzOxI.jpg

No fucking way thats not photoshopped why are people even questioning it?

If there was an issue, surely they'd just pull out.

Its not like buying a scratch and dent fridge.

Sounds like a pisstake trying to negotiate down a fee based on medical (if rumours are to be believed).

3 minutes ago, DunnyMFC said:

Rangers managed to swoop with a magnificent offer in the last minute. Explains the lack of conformation by the club.

DT.jpg

No wonder there were issues with the Celtic medical, he’s had a good summer by the looks of things. 

I was told this morning by someone who was told something........

that Celtic tried to change the terms of the deal on Friday night and are playing funny buggers. Whilst that's all conjecture and told by someone who heard something blah blah, it does seem to tie in with some of the stuff in the last few pages.

For what it's worth, I am definitely not ITK

• David locked this topic