The 'Magnificent' David Turnbull Discussion Thread

sailor_h

On Motherwell's handling of the David Turnbull situation, what are your thoughts (assuming no minimum release clause)?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. On Motherwell's handling of the David Turnbull situation, what are your thoughts (assuming no minimum release clause)?

• Happy we have accepted the quoted fee of 3.25m + add ons.
    • Think we should have held out for more, but still sold this summer
    • Think we should have kept David for at least one more season
    • Happy we have accepted the quoted fee of 3.25m + add ons, but shouldn't have accepted a bid from a club in Scotland
    • Other thoughts. Please comment

16 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Just heard SR will be on stv news at 6 to give an update on Turnbull's "proposed" move to Celtic was the phrase used 

That was short and sweet, nothing we haven't already heard unfortunately. 

7 hours ago, real dosser said:

Today's record saying he is back in Manchester for a second scan.       ,????  Scan of what. Looking for a way of dropping the price perchance. 

To make sure hes a proper Selik man with no tainted blue blood in him. Its the Selik way.

9 minutes ago, wellowell said:

Herald saying deal could be off as teams back negotiating due to something found in medical sounds like Celtic trying to get him on the cheap

Get the boy wearing the hoops, get inside his head then try and shaft the selling club while the player has his heart set on a move. Wouldn't surprise me fucking rats! 

5 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

Just been announced his move is in serious jeopardy. This has been a shambles. Motherwell need to step in now and get him back. 

Announced where? Agree if there is any doubt at all - MFC should pull the plug.......immediately.

I would imagine Motherwell are trying to keep it as quiet as possible if it is the case, but it looks like the cat is out of the bag.

Feel really sorry for the kid if his future is in jeapordy over a dodgy knee. 

1 minute ago, Well Well said:

all sorts of rumours flying about twitter, some rather unsavoury about failed drugs tests which I find completely ridiculous

Yes I've read that too he's failed a drug test. Hope he didn't have some Columbian marching powder on holiday.

Maybe in the Turnbulls  interest for our club to say you dont need this crap and pull out of the deal. Get him back playing, perhaps another new contract and see where we are in a season. Turnbull wants to play. May as well be here where he will be appreciated.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

It looks like Gary Mackay Steven signed for New York City in less time that it is taking for Turnbull to be officially unveiled as a Celtic player. 

To be fair, employment law in New York City means they can give you marching orders with zero notice if they decide they don't like the socks you're wearing.  So much lower risk for employers.

14 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

Yes I've read that too he's failed a drug test. Hope he didn't have some Columbian marching powder on holiday.

I don't think they need to scan you in Manchester to test for drugs. He could pee in a cup in Parkhead for that test.

Hope the rumours aren’t true ( dodgy knee) 

if so then I’m afraid we will never get the 3 mil we are looking for even if he stays another season and scores double figures again 

he will be tainted as too high a risk for potential suitors without getting it fixed and getting it fixed may take something from his game

every op does I’m afraid, but he is young enough to adapt and possibly become better over time

9 minutes ago, superward said:

Posted from one of these fake agent accounts with 1500 followers.  Nonsense.

Funnily enough,  the tweet has disappeared since Peter Elder suggested the club lawyers look at it.

• David locked this topic