The 'Magnificent' David Turnbull Discussion Thread

sailor_h

On Motherwell's handling of the David Turnbull situation, what are your thoughts (assuming no minimum release clause)?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. On Motherwell's handling of the David Turnbull situation, what are your thoughts (assuming no minimum release clause)?

• Happy we have accepted the quoted fee of 3.25m + add ons.
    • Think we should have held out for more, but still sold this summer
    • Think we should have kept David for at least one more season
    • Happy we have accepted the quoted fee of 3.25m + add ons, but shouldn't have accepted a bid from a club in Scotland
    • Other thoughts. Please comment

1 minute ago, Q121 said:

Hope the rumours aren’t true ( dodgy knee) 

if so then I’m afraid we will never get the 3 mil we are looking for even if he stays another season and scores double figures again 

he will be tainted as too high a risk for potential suitors without getting it fixed and getting it fixed may take something from his game

every op does I’m afraid, but he is young enough to adapt and possibly become better over time

High risk for Celtic.

Not really for a moneybags Premiership team.

All relative.

Gutted for Turnbull if this has fallen through due to a medical reason, particularly in such high profile circumstances. 

Regarding negotiations between both clubs, that should be a short conversation. If Celtic are unwilling to pay the agreed fee for medical reasons, then the deal is off. Tough for the boy, but he won’t be the first to fail a medical and then get a multi million pound move elsewhere. 

• Like 1

Looks fine to me anytime I’ve seen him. Make your mind up Celtic. Pay the money or GTF.  Would love to have him back playing here, show Celtic what a cripple he is by banging in a few against them and then get even more money for him in January. 

• Like 1

Celtic want £25m for Tiermey who has and continues to have injury problems. Would be extremely disappointed if our club renegotiates. As i said get him back in a well shirt. Sod the money. We can always sell someone else down the line for mega bucks.

• Like 2

The fact that they have had him sat next to Lennon in a Celtic top five days ago but are now trying to lower the price and putting out info about medical problems that only they have discovered isn't even surprising. I said there should be a premium just for dealing with this mob the other week and now i'm starting to think we should blacklist them.

They are a fundamentally dishonest football club.

• Like 3

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, there was a tweet from a Celtic fan I read shortly after Celtic met our price. He said that something fishy must be happening because Celtic never pay the asking price for a Scottish player. Looks like he was spot on.

David Turbull is still our player. Lets call time on this farce and get him on a plane to Belfast. Still time for EPL clubs to come in at a later date. The boy isnt done because of one dodgy looking knee scan.

Pull the plug, Motherwell, please. This deal has never felt right, from "Magnificent offer but we move on, you greedy boy" to "We really want you really and it's great you turned down a PL club for  Ra Sellick".

Yet Tierney, probs crocked by Rodgers' dubious training methods, is worth £25+ squillion.

Never deal with shysters.

I feel sorry for DT but I don't think his heart was ever in this piece of nonsense.

• Like 1

The only negotiations that lot will be interested in will be trying too get turnbull at a cheaper price,the second that comes up,they should be chased and we put an end to this saga,its gone on long enough.something has been a miss from the start with this transfer.

16 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, there was a tweet from a Celtic fan I read shortly after Celtic met our price. He said that something fishy must be happening because Celtic never pay the asking price for a Scottish player. Looks like he was spot on.

Probably helped season tickets sales and avoid the type of criticism they got for not signing McGinn. Pull out and they can say "we tried Bhoys, but he is crocked"

3 minutes ago, Shotts Well Fan said:

Probably helped season tickets sales and avoid the type of criticism they got for not signing McGinn. Pull out and they can say "we tried Bhoys, but he is crocked"

I thought they boosted the season ticket sales by leaking all the "names" (like Benitez) for the managment vacancy and then giving it to Lennon. 

Well board need to grow a pair.   If they accept a lower fee then they will lose a lot of supporters.   Turnbull has 2 years on deal so if injury he recovers with us, starts playing and then can get a better move.   I bet ye  he would have passed medical at Norwich

3 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Well board need to grow a pair.   If they accept a lower fee then they will lose a lot of supporters.   Turnbull has 2 years on deal so if injury he recovers with us, starts playing and then can get a better move.   I bet ye  he would have passed medical at Norwich

I think this may be one time when everyone on here is in agreement and I hope the board realize the position of the fans. We cannot and should not even entertain any reduced price or change in terms. We need to step up and tell them to complete this deal now or else there is no deal. Not now and not any time in the future. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Q121 said:

Hope the rumours aren’t true ( dodgy knee) 

if so then I’m afraid we will never get the 3 mil we are looking for even if he stays another season and scores double figures again 

he will be tainted as too high a risk for potential suitors without getting it fixed and getting it fixed may take something from his game

every op does I’m afraid, but he is young enough to adapt and possibly become better over time

Remember when John Hartson failed medical with dodgy knee with the Blues Brothers and then went to the seltic

He didn’t do to badly after that did he 

• David locked this topic