The 'Magnificent' David Turnbull Discussion Thread

sailor_h

On Motherwell's handling of the David Turnbull situation, what are your thoughts (assuming no minimum release clause)?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. On Motherwell's handling of the David Turnbull situation, what are your thoughts (assuming no minimum release clause)?

• Happy we have accepted the quoted fee of 3.25m + add ons.
    • Think we should have held out for more, but still sold this summer
    • Think we should have kept David for at least one more season
    • Happy we have accepted the quoted fee of 3.25m + add ons, but shouldn't have accepted a bid from a club in Scotland
    • Other thoughts. Please comment

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

You posting the exact same poor excuses every time doesn't mean supporters need to accept undisclosed fees. 

If there's not full transparency now a lot of people will be very unhappy. 

FFS if you are that worried about the amount and the "undisclosed fee" keeps you up at night, wait till the club accounts  for the year are available, all the gory details will in there, 

17 minutes ago, David said:

That's more a damning indictment of the standard of journalism we see today than anything else. If they're picking up their information from Twitter accounts and internet forums they deserve to be misled and embarrassed. 

Fully agree, but if via everything happening a young boy gets labelled with having a dodgy knee and he doesn't that kind of thing can stick around. We live in a world where opinion is stated as fact nowadays....but that's for another forum.

Anyway, hope it's all resolved sooner rather than later.

17 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

FFS if you are that worried about the amount and the "undisclosed fee" keeps you up at night, wait till the club accounts  for the year are available, all the gory details will in there, 

So why wait if it's all in accounts just tell the owners of the club how much we have been paid right away surely we have nothing to hide and no dodgy deals have been done .

34 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Individual transfers don't appear just the total received. 

So if we have two undisclosed then it's not possible to tell how much each was.  McKinstry was undisclosed.

33 minutes ago, Yodo said:

So why wait if it's all in accounts just tell the owners of the club how much we have been paid right away surely we have nothing to hide and no dodgy deals have been done .

Buisness reasons. Buisness reasons. Flow will let u know once its safe to do so. Meantime just sit back and relax. Thats the way things are done. You worrying about a price wont change a thing, its going on above our heads get over it.  Im an owner too and it doesnt bother me.

2 minutes ago, stv said:

Buisness reasons. Buisness reasons. Flow will let u know once its safe to do so. Meantime just sit back and relax. Thats the way things are done. You worrying about a price wont change a thing, its going on above our heads get over it.  Im an owner too and it doesnt bother me.

+1

3 minutes ago, fergi4 said:

Now more probable DT will be heading back south,  to meet EPL (2) and Championship (2) teams. Probably only reason he hasn't joined the preseason camp with us. Money still the same £3.25M.

Is this based on what you've heard? Or what you think will happen?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

I think we should all calm down until we find out what is actually going on.  I know that is saying something coming from me.....

I am quite sure that we will not capitulate in negotiations.  They will either work in our favour or we will move on.

If he has got a knee problem or similar then to be fair to Celtic they should come back and renegotiate. Not on the original sum but how it is paid. It all depends how serious the issue is or could be. 

If they say we pay £2m now and £1m based on successful op and or appearances then you would expect Motherwell to do something similar were the roles reversed. 

However if they are trying to pay nothing up front or agree a large reduction then jog on. It needs to be sorted today one way or another now it is all over the media. Not doing us or the player any favours. Not if we cannot reach agreement with Celtic and it affects any future transfer. 

As I have said before, we need to hear something from MFC. No one has actually said anything officially. It has been pointed out DT is still a contracted player. An official comment as to what is going on would help people to 'calm down'.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Yodo said:

37 minutes ago, Yodo said:

If  the club gets a fee they are happy with, then fair play to them , whether they make it public or not is up to them, personally I don't care either way and I suspect most fans are the same.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spiderpig said:

If  the club gets a fee they are happy with, then fair play to them , whether they make it public or not is up to them, personally I don't care either way and I suspect most fans are the same.

I think most people are worried that a “fee they are happy with” will be less than originally agreed.  Which would mean we let them shaft us.  We shall just have to wait and see how it pans out. I would say though that I think MFC should be driving this to a close much sooner rather than later. 

• Like 2

I'd imagine that if Celtic have came back and highlighted a possible problem the first thing Motherwell would have done is to ask to see a copy of the report so that they can then have it looked at by our medical team and send it to someone for an independent assessment.

This in its self would take a couple of days. 

Personally if there is a problem id prefer him to stay here and get it fixed where he knows the staff and is surrounded by people he knows and are his friends instead of sitting in a rehab room alone but if Celtics facilities are superior to ours and it's more beneficial for him to be there then, I'd reluctantly try and do whats best for him without affecting our club. 

It's not often I say it, but I wish we were more like Aberdeen. Of late they've taken zero shite from the Mould Firm, having knocked Celtic's £3.5 million bid for McKenna out the park before it even had a chance to gather steam last season.

Both Celtic and Rangers know that if you go chapping their door you better smarten the fuck up and not play funny buggers. Let's hope we do the same if they try to fuck us about regarding the fee for Turnbull, as the way our club deal with this situation will set something of a benchmark for how other clubs will view dealing with us for our top young talent in future.

17 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

I'm one of those fans who is fed up with Undesclosed fees. I want more trancparency for our fan owned club.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fergi4 said:

Would I say it if I didn't know?  Am I a tabloid? 

Wishaw is a small place and the real answers are not hard to find.

Well, how the fuck was I supposed to know you're dodging all over Wishaw tracking down answers? :lol:

There's a lot of people posting what they think is happening, and what they think should happen, but doing so in a manner that makes it look as though it's fact.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, David said:

It's not often I say it, but I wish we were more like Aberdeen. Of late they've taken zero shite from the Mould Firm, having knocked Celtic's £3.5 million bid for McKenna out the park before it even had a chance to gather steam last season.

Both Celtic and Rangers know that if you go chapping their door you better smarten the fuck up and not play funny buggers. Let's hope we do the same if they try to fuck us about regarding the fee for Turnbull, as the way our club deal with this situation will set something of a benchmark for how other clubs will view dealing with us for our top young talent in future.

The club are in no panic and neither is DT, there are more prominent suitors than celtic... who have in fact become the real joke over the parading then backtracking. 

1 minute ago, fergi4 said:

Please make it be true. 

Never wanted him to end up with either of the old firm. 

But that is twice now I have been elated to hear he was not Celtic bound.

On that basis I expect an official announcement he is joining Celtic any moment now.....

Just now, fergi4 said:

The club are in no panic and neither is DT, there are more prominent suitors than celtic... who have in fact become the real joke over the parading then backtracking. 

I sincerely hope so. I'd love nothing better than us coming out of this looking like the professionals while they look like chumps. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fergi4 said:

Wow , thats cryptic.

1 hour ago, alanos said:

I'm one of those fans who is fed up with Undesclosed fees. I want more trancparency for our fan owned club.

It's the buying team that request fees be undisclosed. However, if you are a shareholder (or, I imagine, a 'Well Society member) you can get access to the accounts, and it's pretty easy to work out from that what transfer fees we receive.

• David locked this topic