The 'Magnificent' David Turnbull Discussion Thread

sailor_h

On Motherwell's handling of the David Turnbull situation, what are your thoughts (assuming no minimum release clause)?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. On Motherwell's handling of the David Turnbull situation, what are your thoughts (assuming no minimum release clause)?

• Happy we have accepted the quoted fee of 3.25m + add ons.
    • Think we should have held out for more, but still sold this summer
    • Think we should have kept David for at least one more season
    • Happy we have accepted the quoted fee of 3.25m + add ons, but shouldn't have accepted a bid from a club in Scotland
    • Other thoughts. Please comment

Lennon confirming in his interview tonight that Celtic still want him but the clubs are in discussions about the deal due to the injury. 

If they are trying to change the terms they should just be told straight off, get to fuck. 

If we bow down to them and accept a renegotiation then I would be bitterly disappointed. 

Get him back to the club, treatment carried and in rehab. That’s over a week he has been in limbo. 

31 minutes ago, Ped_MFC said:

Stuart Webber, the Norwich Sporting Director, made it clear it was Turnbull's decision not to sign for Norwich.

Also had a pop at Celtic' s  tweet in the article: -

"He was with us on Thursday, talks went well and we rolled out the red carpet - as we would - and he chose Celtic, which was his choice," City's sporting director explained.

"Good player, good lad, good representatives, he's chosen a great club. I'm not sure I would have chosen them after the way they spoke about me in the media but that's his choice

Interesting. Thanks for posting. I like the cut of his jib, that Mr Webster. Don’t really follow an English team, but might keep an eye out for Norwich next season.

As. For this whole saga, I really don’t get the perceived criticism of our club over any of it. We agreed a fee with clubs that were wanting to sign the lad and now we are waiting for that to happen. It is obviously dependent on a medical and thatis nothing to do with us. If Celtic come back and say they want to pullout because he failed the medical, fair enough. If they want to renegotiate based on the medical, they should be told that we already have a deal and that any further talks would be along the lines of “take it or leave it”. We should then contact the player and his representatives to see where we go from there. The two issues then would be to help the player get over the disappointment at the proposed move falling through and, most importantly, getting the required medical procedures in place as quickly as possible to help the lad get his career back on track. He is our player and,as such, he is our responsibility until he signs for someone else.

• Like 1

The two options are surely we either get £3.25m from someone or Turnbull stays at Motherwell? It's obviously all conjecture and I've every faith in the board to do right by the club but any sort of renegotiation with Celtic has to be an absolute non starter.

Celtic still seem confident the deal with go through. Just a preventative procedure required to stop a flare up in future. Turnbull desperate to sign. 

Can’t believe he would turn down Norwich for that mob. 

Zero  negotiations required.  We need to give celtic a deadline and force the issue to closure. And not a far out deadline. I mean  something like you have till Friday 10am  to accept or it’s done and over for good.  Turnbull might be disappointed but he will get other better offers. 

1 hour ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Lennon confirming in his interview tonight that Celtic still want him but the clubs are in discussions about the deal due to the injury. 

If they are trying to change the terms they should just be told straight off, get to fuck. 

If we bow down to them and accept a renegotiation then I would be bitterly disappointed. 

Get him back to the club, treatment carried and in rehab. That’s over a week he has been in limbo. 

Arse covering. There is no injury.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Zero  negotiations required.  We need to give celtic a deadline and force the issue to closure. And not a far out deadline. I mean  something like you have till Friday 10am  to accept or it’s done and over for good.  Turnbull might be disappointed but he will get other better offers. 

Agreed,there clearly trying to take the piss out of us,set a deadline for friday and if there still playing silly beggars,we pull the plug on the deal.we can't allow this to rumble on over the weekend and into next week,enough is enough.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stu92 said:

Just been forwarded this by a Celtic supporting friend, not the most reliable of sources by any means so take it with a pinch of salt but interesting take on who is to blame here. 

4AFE4337-C23C-4DFB-8D62-83A8E64765D2.jpeg

I think what they meant to say is.  Celtic are reneging on the original deal and MFC have insisted on original terms so the deal is off. WELL DONE MOTHERWELL. hopefully we can do right by Turnbull so if another team makes an acceptable bid in this window we will entertain that. 

• David locked this topic