The 'Magnificent' David Turnbull Discussion Thread

sailor_h

On Motherwell's handling of the David Turnbull situation, what are your thoughts (assuming no minimum release clause)?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. On Motherwell's handling of the David Turnbull situation, what are your thoughts (assuming no minimum release clause)?

• Happy we have accepted the quoted fee of 3.25m + add ons.
    • Think we should have held out for more, but still sold this summer
    • Think we should have kept David for at least one more season
    • Happy we have accepted the quoted fee of 3.25m + add ons, but shouldn't have accepted a bid from a club in Scotland
    • Other thoughts. Please comment

1 hour ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Imagine their outrage if say Arsenal fans where doing that to Tierney.  They would be apoplectic 

I don’t think Arsenal fans are quite as “all in” as Celtic fans.

:lol:

Scottish football twitter etc. is a mess.

Journalist posts article and within 10 replies it’s descended to what about the paedos and Rangers died...

44 minutes ago, ScottW1886 said:

Someone needs to have a chat with him about the like button on Twitter, a lot of Celtic related content he's liking just now :doh:

Someone wants to have a chat with you about giving a fuck what he does - if it annoys you stop following him ffs!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, stuwell said:

Someone wants to have a chat with you about giving a fuck what he does - if it annoys you stop following him ffs!

I brought this up on an earlier post. Him liking a tweet about Scott Brown not doing friendlies if I recall. 

So what you might say and in all honesty I care less than most will if it continues, but he is still a Motherwell player and I would feel same way if it was any Well player liking tweets of our rivals. Hartley liking tweets about Hartlepool for example are completely different. 

I would even go as far as to say I do not hate Celtic, dislike maybe, but they way they are positioning themselves over the Tierney transfer v Their approach to Turnbull is not entirely unexpected. 

I believe and hope he will come back same as before if not better. In which case he may not even end up at Celtic if other clubs offer more. 

Hey ho.....

• David locked this topic